Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sndral

Some actual news:

MagicBands will be mandatory to allow guests to complete health questionnaires in advance through the app.

MDE finally finds its purpose.
Interesting decision, I wonder why.
Because mandatory health questionnaires worked so well in stopping coved-19 from embarking w/ passengers on cruise ships...not.
There are hopefully many things that can be done to enhance cm & visitor protection from infectious disease when the parks reopen, mandatory health questionnaires don’t seem to help much maybe because people, um, lie?
I hope whomever is making safety protocol decisions isn’t thinking temp. checks/travel info./health questionnaires & we’re good to go - the cruise industry has been there, tried that & it failed miserably.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting decision, I wonder why.
Because mandatory health questionnaires worked so well in stopping coved-19 from embarking w/ passengers on cruise ships...not.
There are hopefully many things that can be done to enhance cm & visitor protection from infectious disease when the parks reopen, mandatory health questionnaires don’t seem to help much maybe because people, um, lie?
I hope whomever is making safety protocol decisions isn’t thinking temp. checks/travel info./health questionnaires & we’re good to go - the cruise industry has been there, tried that & it failed miserably.
It’s not really for guest or cast safety, it’s a CYA. If they ask you the questions and you lie Disney can’t be held liable for that. If they don’t bother to ask the questions when someone eventually sues Disney they will say that the company didn’t even bother to ask whether people were sick when they let them in and that shows negligence. As long as they have the appearance of making an effort to keep people safe that’s good enough to avoid gross negligence which is where the big punitive damages come in with a lawsuit.

MickeyLuv'r

It’s not really for guest or cast safety, it’s a CYA. If they ask you the questions and you lie Disney can’t be held liable for that. If they don’t bother to ask the questions when someone eventually sues Disney they will say that the company didn’t even bother to ask whether people were sick when they let them in and that shows negligence. As long as they have the appearance of making an effort to keep people safe that’s good enough to avoid gross negligence which is where the big punitive damages come in with a lawsuit.

I also noticed in recent days, when I go to the WDW webpage there's a big change of terms notice.

Disorbust

We don't need face shields, we need n95 masks!! The face shield are reusable. I'm at the point I'm looking at furnace filters and vaccum cleaning bags because they are predicting at 2 yr shortage.

durangojim

What are people's opinions on the rumor that Disney may only allow resort guests back in the parks? We only ever stay at the resorts when we're there so I don't have a problem with it, but can see why some would, especially local AP holders.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

We don't need face shields, we need n95 masks!! The face shield are reusable. I'm at the point I'm looking at furnace filters and vaccum cleaning bags because they are predicting at 2 yr shortage.
They didn't specify which kind they are making...where the factory is already dealing with paper and cardboard, my personal thoughts are that it may have been a poor choice of words.

TrainsOfDisney

What are people's opinions on the rumor that Disney may only allow resort guests back in the parks? We only ever stay at the resorts when we're there so I don't have a problem with it, but can see why some would, especially local AP holders.

Well... you can’t add “must be staying at an on-property hotel” to an annual pass. That’s not what we bought. (And I usually stay on property when I visit anyways... but just saying).

Piebald

I'm hearing from a high ranking military source that non-EU residents will not be allowed to travel to some EU countries until March 2021. France is not on the list but things are being reassessed on a biweekly basis but I wonder what the repercussions will be if something like this continues.

TrainsOfDisney

As to magic bands... why can’t the health questions be attached to our annual pass cards or admission cards?

And again... if magic bands are required, they will need to be included with the admission price.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What are people's opinions that Disney may only allow resort guests back in the parks? We only ever stay at the resorts when we're there so I don't have a problem with it, but can see why some would.
There was definitely some talk in the other thread of the first stage of re-open being FL residents only and being only MK with one or 2 of the monorail resorts (but the monorail would be down). Then everything is contained to one entry point for cars and guests. They could just have parking trams go straight to front gate and bypass ferries and monorail. Still need buses for the resort guests. There was some uncertainty as to whether the resort pools would re-open. I can’t imagine FL in summer without a pool, but I guess some people won‘t care. I am assuming Disney Springs will open first before any parks or hotels.

Medium term I could see them either making things resort guest only or adding extra benefits to encourage people to stay. Maybe an earlier access to boarding groups if they go that way or additional FP+ reservations. There’s a lot of possibilities.

wannabeBelle

I get the whole health questionnaire, but what if you are truly asymptomatic and honestly don't know that you could be spreading the virus? Based on the limited testing so far already 1 in 5 New Yorkers have the antibodies and so might have been infected at some point and may not have even known. Marie

ImperfectPixie

I get the whole health questionnaire, but what if you are truly asymptomatic and honestly don't know that you could be spreading the virus? Based on the limited testing so far already 1 in 5 New Yorkers have the antibodies and so might have been infected at some point and may not have even known. Marie
That's exactly why masks are so important. We aren't protecting ourselves from someone else when we wear them...we're protecting others from the possibility that we are an asymptomatic carrier.

natatomic

As to magic bands... why can’t the health questions be attached to our annual pass cards or admission cards?

And again... if magic bands are required, they will need to be included with the admission price.

Can someone explain what the purpose of requiring magic bands would be? No one in my family uses them. Personally, I don’t like wearing tight things on my wrist that make it feel sweaty all day. We have just always used our hard tickets. I can understand the logic of requiring an MDE account for everyone If they insist on people filling out health or travel questionnaires. But I don’t understand how a magic band is better than a hard ticket, unless I’m just missing something

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
That's exactly why masks are so important. We aren't protecting ourselves from someone else when we wear them...we're protecting others from the possibility that we are an asymptomatic carrier.
Indeed. I can see us having to wear a mask in public spaces for quite some time. Down here, we've been told that we better get used to the idea of having to wear one for a long time.

TrainsOfDisney

Can someone explain what the purpose of requiring magic bands would be? No one in my family uses them. Personally, I don’t like wearing tight things on my wrist that make it feel sweaty all day. We have just always used our hard tickets. I can understand the logic of requiring an MDE account for everyone If they insist on people filling out health or travel questionnaires. But I don’t understand how a magic band is better than a hard ticket, unless I’m just missing something

Agreed. I always ask for a key card at the hotels as well. I don’t wear anything on my wrist. (And yes I have worn a magic band before and survived to tell the tale...).

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Agreed. I always ask for a key card at the hotels as well. I don’t wear anything on my wrist. (And yes I have worn a magic band before and survived to tell the tale...).
My H had to buy the keychain/carabiner accesory, he likes to wear a watch on one wrist, and a fitbit on the other. It works for him but it's an added expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom