Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

This is some good news.
Is it? I think I would refuse to fund/support (not sure how it works in the states) my child to leave home and mix with strangers from across the USA or indeed possibly the world at this time. Nor would I necessarily trust them to social distance or wear masks. If and I hope with all my heart it doesn’t, this virus spreads again they would probably be far from home and unable to return because they could infect other members of their family, be unable to travel because of lack of transport options or just not be around. I appreciate that this is undoubtedly a case of a cup nearly empty and October is a way off yet but nowhere has seen the consequences of opening up yet. I would have thought it was more sensible to actually assess what happens, hopefully nothing, before making such an announcement. If they need to change their mind the upset Is potentially greater as hopes and expectations have been raised.

HongKongFooy

How would that affect you?

Think of the the USA as one large Magic Kingdom park.

I have no interest in Small World, Autopia Speedway, meet Tinkerbell, Bibbidi Body Boutique, Tony's Townsquare, canoes, daytime parades, and stage shows, The Lunching Pad and Dumbo. Now all those attractions and foods suddenly close. But yet those who would have tapped those things("sports") don't go home. They now do other things in the park......things that I like. So now instead of Mansion having 30 minute wait it goes to 38 minutes because of the other closures.

All those would be sporting event attendees(well at least a sizable number anyway) millions upon millions will now turn their attention to Scuba diving, getting drunk on golf courses, picnics at parks, camping, going to beaches, boating, backpacking, museum and zoo visiting, going to themeparks, biking and ultimately flooding the things I like.

Polynesia

I'm no expert, but I don't see Merlin needing to close any of the actual Legoland parks. I would expect some of their other brands (SeaLife especially, and probably some of the Madame Tussaud's and Legoland Discovery Centers, among others) will be closed or sold off, though.
I hope so😊. There is a Legoland Resort set to open spring of 2021 in New York. Keeping good thoughts it will happen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I hope so😊. There is a Legoland Resort set to open spring of 2021 in New York. Keeping good thoughts it will happen.
Better than opening this summer but not great timing. The discovery center in the mall by me was very popular but I can’t imagine it will be back to normal any time soon. Lots of kids and hands on stuff to play with. Bad place for social distancing.

lilypgirl

Is it? I think I would refuse to fund/support (not sure how it works in the states) my child to leave home and mix with strangers from across the USA or indeed possibly the world at this time. Nor would I necessarily trust them to social distance or wear masks. If and I hope with all my heart it doesn’t, this virus spreads again they would probably be far from home and unable to return because they could infect other members of their family, be unable to travel because of lack of transport options or just not be around. I appreciate that this is undoubtedly a case of a cup nearly empty and October is a way off yet but nowhere has seen the consequences of opening up yet. I would have thought it was more sensible to actually assess what happens, hopefully nothing, before making such an announcement. If they need to change their mind the upset Is potentially greater as hopes and expectations have been raised.
I think it is. My daughter will be on campus in the Fall if that's what her school decides which I think will be the case.

Ravenclaw78

Better than opening this summer but not great timing. The discovery center in the mall by me was very popular but I can’t imagine it will be back to normal any time soon. Lots of kids and hands on stuff to play with. Bad place for social distancing.
It was originally set to open this July 4th. Like you said, lousy timing. They delayed opening until next summer due to COVID-19. On the plus side, since the onsite hotel wasn't supposed to be finished for another year, they now have the opportunity to open both simultaneously.

SteveV

Coming soon to the reopening parade... it’s Hazmat Mickey and friends!

For our park guests who also wish to join Hazmat Mickey, full hazmat suits are available at guest services, for $79+tax with a reduction if you hire a stroller or ecv as well. Please see any cast member for details.

we note that wearing hazmat in the Florida heat is likely to lead to inch and weight loss so this is a great time to be visiting the parks for this free additional benefit.

separately, all beverages are now showing magical price increases but now include a straw attachment for your hazmat suit. This is chargeable direct to your magic band for your convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom