Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John park hopper

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

DisneyCane

I filled both my trucks up a month ago and they are still full I may have to put gas stabilizer in the tanks if this goes on much longer the gas may go bad

If you're not using any (or barely any) gas then I'd definitely recommend stabilizer. Don't wait because you want to stop the breakdown early on.

However, if you use some gas, even if only a half tank every three weeks or something like that, just top it off with fresh gas every few weeks as the fresh gas reacts with the old gas to remove the "bad stuff."

DisneyCane

Wonder if the gasoline that just sit and gather sludge in the neighborhood gas station tanks will need some sort of stabilizer? The gas trucks are used to filling up the gas stations on a regular basis but with hardly anyone going to work and 90% of the population staying home, it's something to ask. I would think driving with gasoline that has sludge is not good.

While the demand is lower it's not like nobody is using gas. I'd imagine they aren't filling the tanks as full because they don't need to and don't want to have excess inventory. There is still plenty of use going on, certainly enough to keep the tanks fresh, just from delivery services and "essential" workers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A few possible glimmers of hope;

Spain’s death toll could be starting to flatten. The UKs infection rate could be starting to flatten.

In the UK, later this month, if people follow the rules and if things continue as hoped, there could be a partial relaxation of some lockdown rules. Our death toll is expected to peak currently next week. What’s important is the rules continue to be followed. It’s the only way this could begin to end sooner rather than later.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
A few possible glimmers of hope;

Spain’s death toll could be starting to flatten. The UKs infection rate could be starting to flatten.

In the UK, later this month, if people follow the rules and if things continue as hoped, there could be a partial relaxation of some lockdown rules. Our death toll is expected to peak currently next week. What’s important is the rules continue to be followed. It’s the only way this could begin to end sooner rather than later.

That's awesome news! I hope things keep progressing in that direction.

5thGenTexan

When gas did not have ethanol in it, it would last much longer but since they started adding ethanol ethanol absorbs water and the gas breaks down faster. Gas with ethanol is bad for outboard engines I put gas stabilizer in all my boats. Gas sitting in tanks will break down and what is really bad if you happen to fill your car up from a tank that is low. As Rosanna Danna (SNL) would say "it's always something"

We have a station in town with "real gas" now. I bought a can for my outside equipment. Its cheap enough now I may put it in the truck too.

Slpy3270

It kinda es me off that people think the fact that we know more about the virus than we did with the flu in 1918 is reason for optimism or good news.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that none of that knowledge means anything if none of the world's medicines can treat and that by the time a vaccine is made the economy and geopolitical conditions will deteriorate to the point that practically no one can afford it.

DisneyCane

That’s really well done. Thanks for posting.

A well done illustration on how you can spin facts to make a point. Notice on the flu vs. COVID-19 death chart, they have US data for the flu and then throw a giant line of COVID-19 death's WORLDWIDE. Sleight of hand that David Copperfield would be proud of!

The (possibly contagious) pre-symptomatic graphic is also an illustration of this. While it is stating a fact, the fact is already accounted for in the Ro discussion earlier. Using this graphic later in the video implies that it spreads more easily than they already talked about.

Same with the lack of immunity animation. That animation also makes it look like everybody exposed will develop an infection which is not true even without immunity. There needs to be a critical mass of virus transferred for the transferee to develop an infection.

The hospitalization percentage for COVID-19 is completely wrong. Even without considering asymptomatics in the equation it is under 20% and nowhere near the 30% they quote. They credit CDC for the flu hospitalization data but don't cite any source for COVID-19 (the CDC has not published any data on hospitalization rate).

So yes, it is a very well done video that shows how you can mix facts with predictions and spin something that nobody disputes (that COVID-19 is worse than the flu) and make it as scary as possible to justify "social distancing" actions.

Per instructions from @themom, I'm not posting this to argue about the measures taken, I'm just commenting on how media can (and do) spin facts to turn reports into editorials.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It kinda ****es me off that people think the fact that we know more about the virus than we did with the flu in 1918 is reason for optimism or good news.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that none of that knowledge means anything if none of the world's medicines can treat and that by the time a vaccine is made the economy and geopolitical conditions will deteriorate to the point that practically no one can afford it.
The whole situation is frustrating for sure...but we gotta work the problem as it is now...and then make the changes needed later.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think a few ("a couple 25 pages") back somebody mentioned that this would have no impact on anyone with any other serious/life threatening condition that were seeking medical attention. New York made this type of announcement a few day ago. Now LA does something similar.

John park hopper

We have a station in town with "real gas" now. I bought a can for my outside equipment. Its cheap enough now I may put it in the truck too.
It's hard to find ethanol free gas and it is always more expensive. Ethanol gas and aluminum boat gas tanks --that ethanol eats the aluminum, I had to pull the deck up out of my boat (built in tank) and put a new tank in what a job that was, tank was full of pin holes. Ethanol in gas is the worst thing that ever did besides it cuts your gas milage

NedLand

img54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom