Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
That was tongue In cheek...

But I have to say they don’t seem to like the shut in life too much.

My kids have fairly recently started watching their blog...but they seem to be more “go out and play” than yesterworld or TPM...which would do more historical stuff in a time like now.

Just an observation

We watch them a lot. Our kids routinely ask to watch them. They’re definitely not people who like to be shut in. I think having the kid plus this is tough and is akin to going cold turkey. Especially now when they could take Jackson out and get out and about.

note2001

I’m starting to worry about Tim and Jen Trakker a little...
I think of all the things in this world at the moment, worrying about a few people who vlog disney theme parks should be at the very bottom of the list. Despite all the closures they all have income still coming in with people pulling up and watching their old videos.

TrainsOfDisney

He’s 43. He knows how to interview and make a resume. It’s not him or the interview or the resume. It’s that 77,000 people in our city alone are applying for the 15 available Trader Joe’s jobs

Don’t you love it when you’re talked to like a child. “Aww there there little kid... all you have to do is fill out the fancy paper and you’re going to be rewarded with more money than you were going to make by doing your ‘unskilled’ job.”

hopemax

I think keeping our brains occupied is going to be important.
Today has been a hard day for me. It's the 5 year anniversary of losing my Mom. On another forum, one about scrapbooking, several people posted about losing a family member to COVID-19. Since I know what loss feels like, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's been 5 years, but with all of this, it feels like a horrible scar has been reopened and it hurts just as much, but without the shock and numbness to dull the pain. There are going to be thousands of people who are going to know what that feels like. Millions of people around the world are going to know what that feels like. Without the ability to say a proper goodbye and comfort each other.

I know there is going to come a point where it's just too much. I don't know how we got from 8000 deaths worldwide to 58,000. From 3000 deaths in China to over 7000 deaths in just the US, in like 3 weeks, and there is still so much "eh, death happens." I don't expect adding a 0 to those numbers will change much either. I've been trying to figure out what I will need to do with myself, when time wasting on the Internet is no longer a distraction. I am usually pretty good at compartmentalizing... but this... I'm vacillating between bracing myself for the continual waves of sadness, and the anger that we've demonized the skills and choices we will need to get ourselves out of it.

LittleBuford

Today has been a hard day for me. It's the 5 year anniversary of losing my Mom. On another forum, one about scrapbooking, several people posted about losing a family member to COVID-19. Since I know what loss feels like, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's been 5 years, but with all of this, it feels like a horrible scar has been reopened and it hurts just as much, but without the shock and numbness to dull the pain. There are going to be thousands of people who are going to know what that feels like. Millions of people around the world are going to know what that feels like. Without the ability to say a proper goodbye and comfort each other.

I know there is going to come a point where it's just too much. I don't know how we got from 8000 deaths worldwide to 58,000. From 3000 deaths in China to over 7000 deaths in just the US, in like 3 weeks, and there is still so much "eh, death happens." I don't expect adding a 0 to those numbers will change much either. I've been trying to figure out what I will need to do with myself, when time wasting on the Internet is no longer a distraction. I am usually pretty good at compartmentalizing... but this... I'm vacillating between bracing myself for the continual waves of sadness, and the anger that we've demonized the skills and choices we will need to get ourselves out of it.

I’m so sorry for your loss and for the renewed pain you’re feeling at this terrible time. Despite all the flippant “death happens” talk, please know that more people than not feel the way you do. I too am struggling to process everything that’s happening, and it’s by acknowledging my vulnerability, and hearing others acknowledge theirs, that I’m reminded of our common humanity, which is what keeps us strong and connected through such crises.

hopemax

I’m so sorry for your loss and for the renewed pain you’re feeling at this terrible time. Despite all the flippant “death happens” talk, please know that more people than not feel the way you do. I too am struggling to process everything that’s happening, and it’s by acknowledging my vulnerability, and hearing others acknowledge theirs, that I’m reminded of our common humanity, which is what keeps us strong and connected through such crises.

Unfortunately, the last few years has taught me that a majority isn't enough, if the people making the decisions disagree.

RoyalPrinceLeon

I think keeping our brains occupied is going to be important. For me that means being actively engaged in brain activities...being silly with the kids, reading, writing, watching something new (and engaging) on the tube, etc. And seriously...thank goodness for the internet as a means to interact with people outside of our own homes. I love my family to pieces, but there are some times when I just need a break or when we're all feeling cranky and just need a few minutes away from each other to reset. Our semi-large house is both a blessing and a curse right now, lol.

My boyfriend of 6 years, (going on 7 this may), is part owner of a sushi bar in fl. He taught me sushi. So, now I work with him in a "family" business.

When this started, we were just swimming above water. We are a start up sushi bar and it's not easy.

Mainly, I have give up lots of my time to learn how to make sushi. Still growing. So, its why I haven't been to wdw since I started. I am planning on going for oct 1 2021. It's been my dream. I'm hoping this doesn't delay me seeing the parks again with all the add on and changes.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, I also lost my Mom 6 years ago. I miss her every day and learning to live without her in my life, has been a long and painful process. Times like these, can bring back sad memories and hopeless feelings. Try to stay aware, but positive. Give yourself mental breaks from time to time.

Don't loose hope, one of my favorite English language sayings is, "This too shall pass", it helps me through difficult times like these.

Giss Neric

I also lost my mom and I exactly know that feeling. You move on but you never ever forget. Problem is and I am guilty to this as well is that people lack empathy unless they themselves experience the same situation. Before, when I watch the news of tragedies and accidents, I don't really care but when now that I have experienced it myself with a family member, you feel for them somewhat. Same as what is happening currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom