Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

If anyone is interested, since most are stuck at home. Curiosity Stream has a great deal for a dollar a month if you purchase the year. Some amazing scientific, nature, biographies.. I can go on and on. Anyway it’s a nice respite to get lost in something for awhile.🙂

Incomudro

I'm hoping things are at least beginning to head back to being normal...no TP or tissues, but was able to get thin cut, boneless chicken *******, ziti (something we haven't seen for two weeks), mac & cheese (yeah, my boys won't touch the home-made kind, it looks too yucky), and our beloved ground Dunkies coffee. All those things are things we haven't been able to find.

It's frustrating to find that things I often keep in stock at home, such as brown rice and lentils - have been discovered by the hoarders and consequently - those with nothing else to find on the shelves.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
This seems to be the largest in this subforum:

Actually, appears to be this one for the site (until I find another one):

ImperfectPixie

It's frustrating to find that things I often keep in stock at home, such as brown rice and lentils - have been discovered by the hoarders and consequently - those with nothing else to find on the shelves.
Extraordinarily frustrating. Things there's typically more than what's needed on the shelf are now 100% gone. It's why I've been so persistent in griping about the hoarders and panic shoppers. We bought a little extra that we're storing in case of emergency, but I'm not greedy enough to take the last 5 packages of chicken because I'm afraid I might not be able to get it next week - I know there are other families out there that need to eat, too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's like WAPO reported, there's a fine line between keeping people alive and tanking the economy. Plus, I honestly don't think that the US population would stand for 15 weeks of this. People will just stop giving a *bleep* after 2 or 3 weeks.
And they are as much of the problem as the virus is. Self entitled morons.

We had them in the UK yesterday when it was a Sunday and pleasant weather. Ignored urgent advice to stay at home. Parks were very busy. Like national holiday busy. Beaches packed. Now we’re awaiting a ”speech to the nation” (not the usual daily update) this evening from Borris. Lockdown here we come.

And I hope so.

Patcheslee

Something we were talking about at work today: In the past Indiana unemployment required cashing in all PTO/vacation to be eligible. Not really sure if they are waiving it temporarily for people that are unemployed due to this but expected to return later. Or how many other states have the same policy.
I can see that effecting all tourism once they do reopen though.

dizneycrazy09

And they are as much of the problem as the virus is. Self entitled morons.

We had them in the UK yesterday when it was a Sunday and pleasant weather. Ignored urgent advice to stay at home. Parks were very busy. Like national holiday busy. Beaches packed. Now we’re awaiting a ”speech to the nation” (not the usual update) this evening from Borris. Lockdown here we come.

And I hope so.

In my line of work, I have clients throughout the United States and Canada. It's very interesting to see the differences in different regions of the country. Anecdotally, the South and Midwest are weeks behind the East and West coasts; I'll leave it at that.

ImperfectPixie

Something we were talking about at work today: In the past Indiana unemployment required cashing in all PTO/vacation to be eligible. Not really sure if they are waiving it temporarily for people that are unemployed due to this but expected to return later. Or how many other states have the same policy.
Hubby considered using his, but opted instead to save it for when he goes back to work because things will more than likely be slow and/or sporadic to begin with.

Patcheslee

Try the 23yo 290Lb co-worker with no children bragging about all the meat he bought, and deep freezerS his wife packed full of frozen goods before limit were put in place. There were quite a few glares from parents that had been discussing not having enough for their kids since school was out and the hoarding. (and maybe a few wondering where he lived.... 🤣)

Lilofan

Hubby considered using his, but opted instead to save it for when he goes back to work because things will more than likely be slow and/or sporadic to begin with.
I would take the PTO later also. When things get back to normal, the discretionary spending market will not the gang busters as it was since I think Americans will double think about many purchases moving forward since some of their 401Ks have been hit hard or a good amount may still be unemployed.

ImperfectPixie

I would take the PTO later also. When things get back to normal, the discretionary spending market will not the gang busters as it was since I think Americans will double think about many purchases moving forward since some of their 401Ks have been hit hard or a good amount may still be unemployed.
Oh, I 100% supported his choice. Sometimes he makes very questionable decisions, but fortunately this wasn't one of them.

ImperfectPixie

Try the 23yo 290Lb co-worker with no children bragging about all the meat he bought, and deep freezerS his wife packed full of frozen goods before limit were put in place. There were quite a few glares from parents that had been discussing not having enough for their kids since school was out and the hoarding. (and maybe a few wondering where he lived.... 🤣)
That guy deserves a good and hard kick in the junk.

thomas998

All states are different. I had the misfortune of being laid off in a state where I was hosed out of unemployment because the amount of my severance package impacted when I could apply and when I could apply my later application meant the time I was working and the company paying the unemployment insurance was outside the window for their formula. Unemployment sounds like a good deal and you never really look at the detail of it until you need it... but it can often have some very strange formulas that can bite the person in the backside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom