Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are some of you that are fully vaccinated, yet still hesitant not back to work yet?

I'm just asking because I'm fully vaccinated, back in the office a few days a week with a bunch of people and that really jump-started me into not even worrying about being around people anymore.

I will be comfortable going back to work, because my company has take a lot of precautions and we only have half the staff in the building at once. The harder part will be getting used to actually going back into the office every day after almost a year and a half of working from home. As I am writing this I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it has been that long.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.42.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.43.07 PM.png

CosmicRays

Are some of you that are fully vaccinated, yet still hesitant not back to work yet?

I'm just asking because I'm fully vaccinated, back in the office a few days a week with a bunch of people and that really jump-started me into not even worrying about being around people anymore.
Fully vaccinated, but my work never stopped. Never an opportunity to work from home. Got covid in October, went through a pretty rough month. Vaccinated in March/April. Has definitely eased my mind.

dreday3

I will be comfortable going back to work, because my company has take a lot of precautions and we only have half the staff in the building at once. The harder part will be getting used to actually going back into the office every day after almost a year and a half of working from home. As I am writing this I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it has been that long.

It sucks!!! :D

I hate it. We are two/three days right now, hoping that's how it stays.

Kevin_W

Not for me. I have zero cats but keep getting kitty litter and automated litter box ads. 😂

I have an ad-blocker, so I dont' see any of those. But I do have cats, so perhaps I should turn the blocker off! I tried an automated litter box over 20 years ago and it did not work great, but tech has probably improved.

Kevin_W

For those like myself who are looking at the Broadway opening situation and curious how it may end up relating to what happens at WDW...

Tickets began to go on sale today. I'm no Broadway ticket expert, so I don't know what the "norm" is, but right now you can pretty much get a ticket to anything, even Hamilton. And many of them are at discount prices. The first week or so of Hamilton is filling up, but the later dates are still wide open. There are still opening night/weekend tickets available for just about every show. You can get great tickets right now for Lion King opening night for $79.

What it is telling me is that there were definitely some people who couldn't wait to jump in and get tickets - but that there wasn't nearly as much pent up demand or willingness for people to be in a 100% capacity theater, even looking that many months ahead, particularly for anything but Hamilton.

We have a 3-day weekend in October. Might have to look at a drive to NYC and take in a concert! :)

DisneyDebRob

I'm not gonna link to anything here, because it's not appropriate, but google NYC Crime. I live about 20 minutes from Manhattan, I wouldn't go to a Broadway show if the tickets were free and you paid for my Uber. And my wife and I used to go semi-often. A couple times a year at least to a show, much more then that just to the city to hang out and spend a night. Zero chance of that now or anytime soon.
I’m guessing you won’t feel comfortable in any major city then right now. I wouldn’t be taking in a Cubs game or Phillies game then if I were you. I could go on and on.. crime is up everywhere since the people have been taking to the streets again. Like many people here have said.. determine your own risk of things and let others do the same. If someone wants to wear a mask that’s fine.. if someone doesn’t want to go to a Broadway show that’s fine also. We all make decisions on our own risk level and what we want our families to possibly endure.

Nubs70

After only the first 2 weeks of this thing, the initial period of return was kind of creepy. It will be weird, but the weirdness will fade.

DisneyDebRob

Effective June 11 Philadelphia will allow full crowds in arenas and sports stadiums. 🥳🥳🥳 The mask mandate is still in place so the crowds will be masked, but no capacity limit. Philly has been pretty strict on their Covid policies so a good sign that things will be opening up further everywhere and it will happen soon. If the Sixers can sell out an indoor arena for the playoffs surely WDW can ramp up shows and big crowd events 👍👍👍

Phillies, Sixers can welcome back full crowds next month

View attachment 556609
Great! Hopefully the masks will be gone by the time the Eagles start.. I’m sick of masks after 10 days in Disney and im not going anywhere again until I can have mine off.

sullyinMT

Effective June 11 Philadelphia will allow full crowds in arenas and sports stadiums. 🥳🥳🥳 The mask mandate is still in place so the crowds will be masked, but no capacity limit. Philly has been pretty strict on their Covid policies so a good sign that things will be opening up further everywhere and it will happen soon. If the Sixers can sell out an indoor arena for the playoffs surely WDW can ramp up shows and big crowd events 👍👍👍

Phillies, Sixers can welcome back full crowds next month

View attachment 556609
That’s great news! Will they have some type of mask policing (god I hate even using that term)? Otherwise, I could see it going down the path of nibbling the nachos and nursing the Heineken for a few hours. Good news is that with almost 2/3 of all eligible Pennsylvanians vaccinated and 12-15 coming online in time for next month’s relaxation, you guys are actually in a place to make this type of move a reasonable one and it (vigilant indoor masking) may not matter as much as it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom