• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I actually did, too. I also appreciate the adoption of those foot pull things on a lot of public restrooms.

I'm sure that's what they're thinking. But it wouldn't be anything to post a crew member at or near the doors, even lock a few along the promenade, to kindly remind guests.
As soon as people hear that masks are no longer required outdoors, it’s going to be a free for all.

FantasiaMickey2000

As soon as people hear that masks are no longer required outdoors, it’s going to be a free for all.
In almost every state in the union, at some point over the last year masks have been required indoors but not outdoors. People would be used to it already. There isn’t going to be mass anarchy. Cedar fair and Dollywood are already doing it. People on this thread act like society is going to burn down if you remove the outdoor mask mandate. It’s absurd.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
The CDC should vet the data. Had they done so, they should have seen their conclusion was scientific bat****e and not have published the <10% number. Instead publish the 0.1% - 1.0% so both the governors and the governed can adjust their lifestyles accordingly.
Ok, so how is going back and reviewing their practices going to change Disney’s current projections.

JD80

Just to throw a little bit of cold water, remember the pattern that emerged last year, cases dropped in May but began to sharply rise in June as the second wave hit and affected the Southern US as those residents retreated from the heat indoors to AC. This pattern is likely to occur again, it will be blunted by the vaccines, but the area of the country most likely to be afflicted in the coming months is the area with the lowest vaccination rates. Things could regionally spiral out of control there. I think the favorable weather pattern and high vaccination rates will make for an amazing summer in the Northeast and Pacific coast, the Midwest and Plains after a late start should be pretty good as well, but I fear for the SE (outside of FL, TX, and VA where vaccination rates are higher.)

Probably not as bad if it happens. Vaccines + the already infected should curb any large surges you saw last year.

Nubs70

In almost every state in the union, at some point over the last year masks have been required indoors but not outdoors. People would be used to it already. There isn’t going to be mass anarchy. Cedar fair and Dollywood are already doing it. People on this thread act like society is going to burn down if you remove the outdoor mask mandate. It’s absurd.
That is what happens when we have been beat over the head with "follow the science", not allowed to discuss the science, and the science turns out to be wrong.

CatesMom

Agree. My state (Virginia) still has many restrictions in place, but no outdoor masks unless you are in a big crowd. I suspect that's the general rule most people follow these days wherever they are.

AEfx

For those like myself who are looking at the Broadway opening situation and curious how it may end up relating to what happens at WDW...

Tickets began to go on sale today. I'm no Broadway ticket expert, so I don't know what the "norm" is, but right now you can pretty much get a ticket to anything, even Hamilton. And many of them are at discount prices. The first week or so of Hamilton is filling up, but the later dates are still wide open. There are still opening night/weekend tickets available for just about every show. You can get great tickets right now for Lion King opening night for $79.

What it is telling me is that there were definitely some people who couldn't wait to jump in and get tickets - but that there wasn't nearly as much pent up demand or willingness for people to be in a 100% capacity theater, even looking that many months ahead, particularly for anything but Hamilton.

Wendy Pleakley

That's an exaggeration. People are concerned that relaxing of the rules leads to abuse. Like how people could initially remove their mask to drink, so people would just walk around nursing a drink until the rules had to be tightened.

Only requiring masks indoors could lead to more conflict and push back from certain guest. Simple, consistent rules are still the easiest to explain and enforce.

That is what happens when we have been beat over the head with "follow the science", not allowed to discuss the science, and the science turns out to be wrong.

Or not understanding that scientific knowledge changes as we learn more about topics. It's a problem that when guidelines change in response to new learning that people assume science is always "wrong".

CatesMom

That's the thing though... What is a "big crowd?"

Is it this..??
Our guidelines here say that a "big crowd" is one where you are generally stationary, cannot maintain distancing, and are near the same people for an extended period of time. I'm not sure that walking through a crowded area would satisfy those criteria, but I would personally would be prepared to whip out my mask if I started feeling uncomfortable.

FormerMember

What it is telling me is that there were definitely some people who couldn't wait to jump in and get tickets - but that there wasn't nearly as much pent up demand or willingness for people to be in a 100% capacity theater, even looking that many months ahead, particularly for anything but Hamilton.
It tells me that people are cautious of spending money when they don't know what the experience will look like.

There is also the fact that going to NYC is pretty terrifying right now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
For those like myself who are looking at the Broadway opening situation and curious how it may end up relating to what happens at WDW...

Tickets began to go on sale today. I'm no Broadway ticket expert, so I don't know what the "norm" is, but right now you can pretty much get a ticket to anything, even Hamilton. And many of them are at discount prices. The first week or so of Hamilton is filling up, but the later dates are still wide open. There are still opening night/weekend tickets available for just about every show. You can get great tickets right now for Lion King opening night for $79.

Well it is Hamilton;)

Jrb1979

I think that's part of it is the lack of pent up demand. I think a big part is that the economy is not coming back as quick as many here think. The unemployment rate is still pretty high. I believe this so called pent up demand is just talk. I don't think it's going to amount to a lot. I think people will still do more cheaper vacations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom