Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

Surely we can distinguish outdoor masking. It doesn’t have to be so black or white.

Wearing a mask when you’re in an outdoor mosh pit at WDW, while it may not make much of a difference in terms of safety, is still a general courtesy. Wearing a mask while socially distanced in Central Park at this point is little more than religious virtue signaling. You want people to know what “side” you’re on.

Wearing a mask outdoors at a theme park? Good idea for now, until everyone who wants the vaccine has had a chance to get fully vaccinated.

Wearing a mask at the park? Get a life. Fresh air is one of life’s great joys.
Very prudent observation of environments you may encounter.

dreday3

Surely we can distinguish outdoor masking. It doesn’t have to be so black or white.

Wearing a mask when you’re in an outdoor mosh pit at WDW, while it may not make much of a difference in terms of safety, is still a general courtesy. Wearing a mask while socially distanced in Central Park at this point is little more than religious virtue signaling. You want people to know what “side” you’re on.

Wearing a mask outdoors at a theme park? Good idea for now, until everyone who wants the vaccine has had a chance to get fully vaccinated.

To the bolded - we are practically there. Picking up a prescription today at our local grocery store and they were telling us to let people know they have walk in availability for vaccines every day.

We are very near the tipping point!

sullyinMT

For those like myself who are looking at the Broadway opening situation and curious how it may end up relating to what happens at WDW...

Tickets began to go on sale today. I'm no Broadway ticket expert, so I don't know what the "norm" is, but right now you can pretty much get a ticket to anything, even Hamilton. And many of them are at discount prices. The first week or so of Hamilton is filling up, but the later dates are still wide open. There are still opening night/weekend tickets available for just about every show. You can get great tickets right now for Lion King opening night for $79.

What it is telling me is that there were definitely some people who couldn't wait to jump in and get tickets - but that there wasn't nearly as much pent up demand or willingness for people to be in a 100% capacity theater, even looking that many months ahead, particularly for anything but Hamilton.
How many would book a fall trip from out of state if they could use that Exelsior Pass or whatever it’s called? Being vaccinated, I’d be more willing to attend a show by fall at NYC’s rate of vaccination IF I could use the vaccine passport system (assuming it’s still needed) instead of having me and my family tested a couple times for the week.

Nubs70

Or not understanding that scientific knowledge changes as we learn more about topics. It's a problem that when guidelines change in response to new learning that people assume science is always "wrong".
The problem is that the CDC should have known their conclusion about the data and subsequent guidance was flawed before publishing guidance.

To those that have wielded the hammer of "follow the science" for the last year have not been believers of science being evolutionary.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

You lost me at virtue signaling. Here’s a tip, if you want to connect with people outside of your bubble, drop the hashtags.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
The problem is that the CDC should have known their conclusion about the data and subsequent guidance was flawed before publishing guidance.

To those that have wielded the hammer of "follow the science" for the last year have not been believers of science being evolutionary.
Follow the science. Follow the nubs.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Do I ask you why you’re afraid? No. We’re all free to make our own decisions. Just read the first post I made in this thread for reference.
As I am fully vaccinated, I have no problem going without a mask, as I believe in the studies that show not only is it rare for me to catch the virus, but also to give it to anyone else. I am not a germaphobe or hypochondriac. I have built up a very bullish immune system over the last 6 decades, and it is extremely rare for me to even get sick, even when those around me are sick and coughing.

So I went back and reread your first post. So when are you going to feel comfortable to do anything where there are other people around? What is it going to take? My belief is that COVID is going to become endemic and require yearly boosters just like the flu, so what are you going to do in that case? Not go out? I am asking this seriously, and not trying to make lite of how you feel. I know that there are a lot of people that think just like you do, so I'm curious how you are going to live life when COVID never leaves.

bryanfze55

You lost me at virtue signaling. Here’s a tip, if you want to connect with people outside of your bubble, drop the hashtags.
I’m fairly liberal and voted for 46. And I live in the Midwest. Thus, I am constantly outside my “bubble” and my convictions are not the consensus where I live or amongst my family. I think you’re probably the one in a bubble. But I will call it like I see it, and I follow science. And the science says we don’t need masks when socially distanced outdoors. So any decision to continue doing so is not grounded in science but personal preference. That’s all.

Roy G. Dis

I'm finally at the point where I think the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike should be able to get on without wearing masks outdoors provided they aren't invading each others' personal space for long stretches of time. The infection data seems to back this up as being pretty damn risk free, too. Seems like something most (rational) people could agree on. And hey, if you still wanna wear your mask, DO IT! But this has gotta be the first BIG step towards normalcy and we need big institutions and governments to adopt ASAP. It would really be a huge sigh of relief for most...

bryanfze55

I'm finally at the point where I think the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike should be able to get on without wearing masks outdoors provided they aren't invading each others' personal space for long stretches of time. The infection data seems to back this up as being pretty damn risk free, too. Seems like something most people could agree on, too. And hey, if you still wanna wear your mask, DO IT! But this has gotta be the first BIG step towards normalcy and we need big institutions and governments to adopt ASAP. It would really be a huge sigh of relief for most...
Some people don’t see nuance. It’s all black or white to them. This is a phenomenon infecting both sides of the aisle. Again, the whole thing was politicized.

My right leaning friends hate me because I got vaccinated ASAP.

My left leaning friends hate me because I don’t think you need a mask outside

You literally can’t be an independent thinker anymore and be popular. If you don’t check all the boxes for one particular side, you’re an “other.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Effective June 11 Philadelphia will allow full crowds in arenas and sports stadiums. 🥳🥳🥳 The mask mandate is still in place so the crowds will be masked, but no capacity limit. Philly has been pretty strict on their Covid policies so a good sign that things will be opening up further everywhere and it will happen soon. If the Sixers can sell out an indoor arena for the playoffs surely WDW can ramp up shows and big crowd events 👍👍👍

Phillies, Sixers can welcome back full crowds next month

1620757114139.png

Roy G. Dis

Some people don’t see nuance. It’s all black or white to them. This is a phenomenon infecting both sides of the aisle. Again, the whole thing was politicized.

Yeah I mean it's gonna be June 2021 in a few weeks. Even in my very liberal, very prohibitive city of Chicago I can tell the people are starting to get itchy. I'm hoping both sides can meet in the middle and that middle is -- no masks outdoors so long as you're not being an overserved, loquacious Aunt.

Stupido

Effective June 11 Philadelphia will allow full crowds in arenas and sports stadiums. 🥳🥳🥳 The mask mandate is still in place so the crowds will be masked, but no capacity limit. Philly has been pretty strict on their Covid policies so a good sign that things will be opening up further everywhere and it will happen soon.
This mean the Lady Gaga concert at Metlife might still happen this summer.

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As I am fully vaccinated, I have no problem going without a mask, as I believe in the studies that show not only is it rare for me to catch the virus, but also to give it to anyone else. I am not a germaphobe or hypochondriac. I have built up a very bullish immune system over the last 6 decades, and it is extremely rare for me to even get sick, even when those around me are sick and coughing.

So I went back and reread your first post. So when are you going to feel comfortable to do anything where there are other people around? What is it going to take? My belief is that COVID is going to become endemic and require yearly boosters just like the flu, so what are you going to do in that case? Not go out? I am asking this seriously, and not trying to make lite of how you feel. I know that there are a lot of people that think just like you do, so I'm curious how you are going to live life when COVID never leaves.

I am sort of in that boat, vaccination alone won't make me comfortable in every situation. I probably won't do indoor spaces with large crowds until community spread has gotten lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom