Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would love this to happen but I just don't think Disney will do it. They seem to be all about ease of enforcement, which is why they are requiring people to wear masks outside and not allowing them to be lowered even to eat or drink while walking. There's no evidence COVID is being spread by people walking past each other outside. But if they do follow your suggestion, I'll do anything to get one of those wristbands - they can microchip me like the family pet if I can avoid wearing masks at WDW.
I agree. It won’t actually happen. I just think that plan is actually much more “fair“ than just not letting people in who aren’t vaccinated. It is harder to enforce.
Smells like freedom.
It is. You are free to choose whether you even want to go to WDW, then free to choose whether you are going to get a vaccine, then free to choose whether you want to share your vaccine status with Disney. At no step in the process is anyone required to do anything. It’s all fully voluntarily and anyone who chooses not to share their vaccine status can continue to enjoy WDW as it is today with a mask on all day. If someone who is fully vaccinated poses very little risk of spreading Covid then why should they need to wear a mask at the parks? Makes total sense. It won’t happen because it’s more likely to cause conflict.

ToTBellHop

The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually).

ToTBellHop

That’s Disney’s call to make, but I think their policy should be as clear and simple as possible until the requirement is dropped entirely.
They incrementally increased and will incrementally decrease for fear that the crazies will show up and create trouble.

LittleBuford

The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually).
Goodness knows when I’ll be going back. I don’t want to experience the parks while any of these measures are in place, but nor do I want things to return to normal prematurely. I had hoped to attend this year’s Christmas party; it seems I’ll have to wait till next year at least.

ToTBellHop

Goodness knows when I’ll be going back. I don’t want to experience the parks while any of these measures are in place, but nor do I want them to return to normal prematurely. I had hoped to attend this year’s Christmas party; it seems I’ll have to wait till next year at least.
Things are presently changing rapidly in parks planning for the remainder of the year.

LittleBuford

Things are presently changing rapidly in parks planning for the remainder of the year.
The pandemic isn’t going to be declared over by the year’s end, which means the measures you noted in your earlier post will probably still remain in place. To be clear, my post wasn’t a criticism of Disney for moving too slowly—on the contrary, I’m not even sure the parks should be open now—but rather me grumbling about the fact that the return to normality (or something approaching it) is still so far off.

Here’s hoping for MVMCP 2022.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The pandemic isn’t going to be declared over by the year’s end, which means the measures you noted in your earlier post will probably still remain in place. To be clear, my post wasn’t a criticism of Disney for moving too slowly—on the contrary, I’m not even sure the parks should be open now—but rather me grumbling about the fact that the return to normality (or something approaching it) is still so far off.

Are you American? Hard to keep track of everyone.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"As announced, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park plan to reopen on April 30, with limited capacity! With this exciting news, we know you are eager to get back to the magic, and likely have questions about your next visit.

When we reopen our two theme parks, we will have enhanced health and safety measures, and will limit capacity through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be available online, in advance only, for a specific date, subject to availability.

Here’s some important information to help you plan ahead:

Theme Park Reservations: To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.

The theme park reservation system will launch on April 12, and guests with existing valid theme park tickets can begin making park reservations for the days that their ticket is valid. Theme park ticket sales will resume on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations. As a reminder, ticket expiration dates were extended for many outstanding tickets. To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Ticket calendars will be updated on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability.

Here are some key dates to remember:

• April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system. See how to make a park reservation, below!"

"Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.

Park Hours: Upon reopening, daily park hours for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are currently planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit Disneyland.com for operating hours on the day you wish to visit, as they are subject to change.

Parking: Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive.

Dining: For a contactless and cashless experience, our mobile order service — available exclusively on the Disneyland App* — makes it easy for you to plan ahead, order, and pay for food and beverages at most quick service restaurants inside the theme parks. In order to foster physical distancing during this time, we will plan to reopen dining bookings for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance on Disneyland.com or with the Disneyland App, subject to availability. Tip: Be sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device."

jamos140

With the vaccination pace, this is a perfect compromise.

ToTBellHop

"As announced, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park plan to reopen on April 30, with limited capacity! With this exciting news, we know you are eager to get back to the magic, and likely have questions about your next visit.

When we reopen our two theme parks, we will have enhanced health and safety measures, and will limit capacity through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be available online, in advance only, for a specific date, subject to availability.

Here’s some important information to help you plan ahead:

Theme Park Reservations: To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.

The theme park reservation system will launch on April 12, and guests with existing valid theme park tickets can begin making park reservations for the days that their ticket is valid. Theme park ticket sales will resume on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations. As a reminder, ticket expiration dates were extended for many outstanding tickets. To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Ticket calendars will be updated on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability.

Here are some key dates to remember:

• April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system. See how to make a park reservation, below!"

"Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.

Park Hours: Upon reopening, daily park hours for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are currently planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit Disneyland.com for operating hours on the day you wish to visit, as they are subject to change.

Parking: Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive.

Dining: For a contactless and cashless experience, our mobile order service — available exclusively on the Disneyland App* — makes it easy for you to plan ahead, order, and pay for food and beverages at most quick service restaurants inside the theme parks. In order to foster physical distancing during this time, we will plan to reopen dining bookings for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance on Disneyland.com or with the Disneyland App, subject to availability. Tip: Be sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device."

Yay!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Well it depends how fast vaccines can go by late summer/fall/winter like the pandemic may end soon as we can do it as washing our hands, mask up and social distancing and avoid the crowd. We're getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom