Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpYancIent

Hold on a second, let me explain. If all the people they let in are vaccinated, they don’t have to go through the process of enforcing masks, social distancing, and all the other guidelines. This makes Vaccine Passports a dream scenario for all Hospitality organizations. And since all the people they let in are vaccinated, they can let in MORE vaccinated people, and more people=more profit!
Wow! You must be consuming something more potent than a Dole Whip Rum Float.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

This new mask thing will cause issues, they know that. God bless those CMS.
The CM unions may fight for it.
This change may give Disney grounds to require it.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

I think they want proof of vaccines.

They may want it, the question is are they willing to battle the state to get it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
COVID-19 variants needs to end quicker by July or summer if they are getting worse than my life, even variants can't be defeated but the world is big danger now for years to like nothing to end.....I'm worried variants will end vaccines and we are getting a lot of lockdowns, nothing go everywhere in the future....😥 @GoofGoof it's not fun anymore since variants takes over the world, as this is getting worse than my thought....

Not what you want to hear, but variants are likely to be a issue for years to come as other countries continue to battle the virus.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney went to war with Newsom, why wouldn't they with Desantis.

Depending on how things go over the next few months, it may be a non-issue by the time they won the fight. The other problem is, Disney can't make an argument that the inability to do vaccine passports is hurting business, because at the state level, there are no retractions on Disney ability to do business.

oceanbreeze77

A lot of the time we hear "dont mix Politics with disney," But the thing is, in Florida, California, and Georgia(filming), disney is a HUGE political force. ( not talking about this thread, just in general. Like the sports and politics argument)
They know they are, and that gives them a sense of entitlement to do what they see fit for their business.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
Depending on how things go over the next few months, it may be a non-issue by the time they won the fight. The other problem is, Disney can't make an argument that the inability to do vaccine passports is hurting business, because at the state level, there are no retractions on Disney ability to do business.

One thing about Disney is that the organization is adverse to creating a hostile environment for it self to operate in. Working with the current rather than going against it.
Remember, Disney always has one major benefit....
3A9BC34A-1BB9-4465-B827-F69163847E83.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why would Disney want to go to war with a Governor to push for a policy that will alienate a portion of their customers as well? From a business prospective it makes much more sense for them to just wait until the Covid restrictions can be removed overall without a vaccine passport. That is by far the better plan for Disney. Vaccine passports are a plan B which only matters if the vaccine rollout fails. They won’t require a vaccine passport before children are eligible for the vaccine so Fall or Winter at the earliest. Hopefully they won’t be needed by then.

Patcheslee

Yep, I suggested that plan. Let everyone in so you aren’t violating the executive order and require everyone wears a mask, then allow guests to show proof of vaccination to get out of the mask requirement. You issue wrist bands at the front gate to anyone who shows proof of vaccine like an 18 to enter 21 to drink club and then CMs continue to enforce the mask rules on anyone who doesn’t have a wrist band. If you are not vaccinated or don’t want to share your vaccine status with Disney you can still get in, you just need to wear a mask all day.
It wouldn't be difficult to do an additional wristband. Cedar Point did them for everyone that passed temp checks staying at their hotels last year. Uni is doing the same daily at their hotels as well. That would also lessen the temp check lines at park entry.

oceanbreeze77

Why would Disney want to go to war with a Governor to push for a policy that will alienate a portion of their customers as well?
I see it as the other demographic having more of an impact. WDW is a huge international tourist destination. A good amount of Europeans already see Americans as selfish and dumb, and the prospect of requiring the vaccine may be financially beneficial. Same goes for Asian countries. We dont know what other countries will require of their citizens when it comes to travel.
WDW also has a huge following of LGBTQ+, performers, people more open to travel, more liberal groups of people, etc. These are demographics that would tend to gravitate towards the attractiveness of mandatory vaccines.

Disney has a lot of liberal thinking CMs, if it came down to a union fight, I think they'd win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom