Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ugh, I need to be more careful when I read.

The message was:

NEW: Beginning April 8, Walt Disney World will allow guests to remove their mask when "taking an outdoor photo."​

Which I initially read as:

NEW: Beginning April 8, Walt Disney World will allow guests to remove their mask when "taking an outdoor patio."​
Well if you sit on the patio and continuously take pictures of yourself you get to the same end result ;););)

disneygeek90

The company’s hope moving forward (until the pandemic is declared “over”) is distancing outdoors (but no masks) and masks plus 3 feet of distancing indoors, once the CDC makes that change official, which they will. Such a change allows much greater use of indoor queues and the substantial return of entertainment (I have heard everything EXCEPT parades, actually).
Over the past couple months it's already felt like 3 feet. I'm still really confused how people don't understand the floor markings half the time. People sure love their lack of personal space.

havoc315

Unless they choose a different endpoint to illustrate efficacy, I kind of hope they miss this target. That would mean there aren’t enough infections to go around quickly enough to get to a meaningful % effective, and that would be good news for all of us.

Good point. The more under-control the virus is, the longer it takes to prove efficacy. That said, as an extension of the prior studies as opposed to a new study, they don't need the same number of positives.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm a Brit living in the US. Why do you ask?
Just trying to gather different perspectives and calibrate the way people view the pandemic in light of their local situation. I didn't realize, for example, that the United States has administered 3x more doses per capita than Canada, so I think it would be natural for a Canadian to view us as still more "in the middle of things" than Americans, who are more likely to see us on the tail end.

Smooth

I'm personally not in favor of a Vaccine Passport. But, how about an Antibody Passport? Millions of people that have recovered from COVID have natural antibodies produced by their bodies. Vaccines do essentially the same thing i.e. produce antibodies. Worldwide reinfection rates are very low and the cases that have been reported, for the most part, are very mild and do not result in hospitalization or death. It just takes a simple 5 minute blood test to confirm antibodies.

oceanbreeze77

I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

This new mask thing will cause issues, they know that. God bless those CMS.
The CM unions may fight for it.
This change may give Disney grounds to require it.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

I think they want proof of vaccines.

LittleBuford

Just trying to gather different perspectives and calibrate the way people view the pandemic in light of their local situation. I didn't realize, for example, that the United States has administered 3x more doses per capita than Canada, so I think it would be natural for a Canadian to view us as still more "in the middle of things" than Americans, who are more likely to see us on the tail end.
Things are pretty far along in the UK too, but I still don't think we (whether Brits or Americans) are in the home stretch just yet. Note the piece I shared earlier, written by members of the Lancet COVID-19 Commission Taskforce on Public Health:

An important and somewhat concerning analysis of the current situation:

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

That’s absolutely what they are going for, as this would, in theory, allow the parks to fully reopen.

jamos140

Ultimately, I wish they would ask for proof of vaccination or negative test and remove all other restrictions.

LittleBuford

Over the past couple months it's already felt like 3 feet. I'm still really confused how people don't understand the floor markings half the time. People sure love their lack of personal space.
It seems I'm in the minority here, but I personally find crowds far less stressful than trying to maintain social distance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With the vaccination pace, this is a perfect compromise.
This is true. In just under 2 weeks time we will officially have vaccines open to everyone 16+ who wants one. As of today 40% of adults have received at least 1 shot and we are doing 3M+ shots a day. We are roughly 25M first shots away from being able to say the majority of adults in America have at least started the vaccine process.

So by April 19 the vaccine will be open to everyone and most likely the majority of adults will have gotten at least one dose. Pretty exciting stuff. I think the focus will definitely start to shift more and more towards relaxing restrictions. The end is coming. :)

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
COVID-19 variants needs to end quicker by July or summer if they are getting worse than my life, even variants can't be defeated but the world is big danger now for years to like nothing to end.....I'm worried variants will end vaccines and we are getting a lot of lockdowns, nothing go everywhere in the future....😥 @GoofGoof it's not fun anymore since variants takes over the world, as this is getting worse than my thought....

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
Hold on a second, let me explain. If all the people they let in are vaccinated, they don’t have to go through the process of enforcing masks, social distancing, and all the other guidelines. This makes Vaccine Passports a dream scenario for all Hospitality organizations. And since all the people they let in are vaccinated, they can let in MORE vaccinated people, and more people=more profit!

oceanbreeze77

Hold on a second, let me explain. If all the people they let in are vaccinated, they don’t have to go through the process of enforcing masks, social distancing, and all the other guidelines. This makes Vaccine Passports a dream scenario for all Hospitality organizations. And since all the people they let in are vaccinated, they can let in MORE vaccinated people, and more people=more profit!
exactly. Theyre playing a game of chess in a hostile situation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
....except vaccine passports are now illegal in FL. That may be the plan for DLR.

Mark52479

I just don't think Disney will go down the vaccine passport road. Now I did at one point but now I don't think they will.

Vaccines are working, hopefully more and more will get the shot.

Orange county now talking about lifting masks by June. Things are lining up where I don't think it will be necessary for them. Remember Disney RIGHT NOW can open at 100%. Nothing is stopping them. They are the ones choosing not to.

Again just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom