Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is why I think the mindset of many Americans is foolish right now, but it’s also a very American mindset.

America and the UK are some of the only countries really far along in the vaccine program.

Until the majority of countries are vaccinated, there is a risk to all countries still. America doesn’t suddenly become safe or pandemic free once the majority of citizens are vaccinated.

The risk is wayyy lower, but it takes one variant from abroad with vaccine resistance to ruin it all.
Cool, so open everything domestically and lock down the borders.

I agree.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you really want to see vaccination #s skyrocket, make an announcement that you can go to WDW maskless if you can show proof of vaccination.
Yep, I suggested that plan. Let everyone in so you aren’t violating the executive order and require everyone wears a mask, then allow guests to show proof of vaccination to get out of the mask requirement. You issue wrist bands at the front gate to anyone who shows proof of vaccine like an 18 to enter 21 to drink club and then CMs continue to enforce the mask rules on anyone who doesn’t have a wrist band. If you are not vaccinated or don’t want to share your vaccine status with Disney you can still get in, you just need to wear a mask all day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yep, I suggested that plan. Let everyone in so you aren’t violating the executive order and require everyone wears a mask, then allow guests to show proof of vaccination to get out of the mask requirement. You issue wrist bands at the front gate to anyone who shows proof of vaccine like an 18 to enter 21 to drink club and then CMs continue to enforce the mask rules on anyone who doesn’t have a wrist band. If you are not vaccinated or don’t want to share your vaccine status with Disney you can still get in, you just need to wear a mask all day.
Smells like freedom.

Chi84

Premium Member
I would love this to happen but I just don't think Disney will do it. They seem to be all about ease of enforcement, which is why they are requiring people to wear masks outside and not allowing them to be lowered even to eat or drink while walking. There's no evidence COVID is being spread by people walking past each other outside. But if they do follow your suggestion, I'll do anything to get one of those wristbands - they can microchip me like the family pet if I can avoid wearing masks at WDW.

Jrb1979

I honestly think it’s a smart option. Don’t allow for international travel in or out, if an American is coming home let them, but if they are not vaccinated they need to quarantine.

And then you can slowly reopen the borders as more are vaccinated abroad.
Or you implement a vaccine passport for all who want to travel. It's also an incentive to get vaccinated.

ToTBellHop

So disney now allowing masks to be taken off while outside taking pictures.

These are the little steps they will take going forward
This is the company dipping their toes in the water. I understand, if people behave, this will progress next to the removal of the “remain stationary” part of masks off while eating or drinking (but still be physically distanced) and then no masks required at all outdoors while distanced.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
By summer or fall is social distancing and masks will be gone for good if COVID-19 is no longer a threat or cases are so low enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom