Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess guests can "rest" in restrooms. Personally I see a difference between relieving one self and resting. Not my choice for a place to "Rest". I definitely would look for much better accommodations to "Rest". Good catch.
I work in an office building, one day a guy fell asleep sitting down in a stall...literally snoring away loudly with his pants around his ankles. We decided to go in and make a lot of noise to wake him up without embarrassing him. He’s just lucky his legs hadn’t fallen completely asleep😴

GimpYancIent

It never seemed strange to me being from the metro NY area. Nicer clubs and restaurants had attendants you were expected to tip
Yes restroom attendants do exist in the U.S. but are definitely not common. There are very nice clubs and restaurants that have attention to such details and absolutely tip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hope the US is more like Israel and less like Brazil. Only about half fully vaccinated and yet Israel is on the other side of this

Brazil is a second word junta masquerading as...something not that

I guess guests can "rest" in restrooms. Personally I see a difference between relieving one self and resting. Not my choice for a place to "Rest". I definitely would look for much better accommodations to "Rest". Good catch.

It’s completely false advertising...every time I curl up for a rest under a urinal...I get griped at.

After the first 50 times...you get tired of hearing the complaints.

jmp85

Also any handle or door pull. Really funny when you think phones and door handles are worse then toilet seats. I always thought they should have towelettes outside the door to open them with. Also, never understood the blow dryers for your hands in the bathrooms but pull door handles to get out of the place. No paper towels so your stuck either grabbing toilet paper or waiting until someone walks in then sneaking out. Am I the only one? Lol
I always use a paper towel. If there is no trash can near the door, I will toss it at the nearest one or take it back to my desk and throw it away. I never did this until I was about 30, now I'm religious about it (unless I've had one too many to drink).

MrHappy

Edit: I’m a writer and clearly I’ve been blinded by the “lights”, in other words from a famous Disney World spot “I can’t sleep, I’m going to Disney world” this boy cannot contain his excitement and can hardly sleep.

Patcheslee

That is when they go door to door. It is already happening in minority communities here and some of the teams are offering on the spot vaccines. When someone shows up at your house you might say what the heck and say go ahead, all the impediments are gone and its private, that should get more done.
I'm not sure I would trust someone that showed up at my door. If someone asks for personal info, even just medical insurance info it would set off alarm bells. What type of info do they ask for? We had fake census people around while that was going on trying to get people's SSN.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Edit: I’m a writer and clearly I’ve been blinded by the “lights”, in other words from a famous Disney World spot “I can’t sleep, I’m going to Disney world” this boy cannot contain his excitement and can hardly sleep.
And to think years ago hundreds of thousands of us guests monthly touch the same thumb print scanner at the entrance of the theme park turnstiles before enjoying the day. Were they ever cleaned..

havoc315

I am a germaphobe and would love to know your secret. At Disney, I suspend my usual standards as an unavoidable sacrifice. If there were a way of avoiding touching things there, I believe I would have cracked it.

Outside of eating, where do you feel you need to do a lot of bare handed touching?

Almost every door can be opened with a push of the elbow or shoulder. Most rides can be “walked on” but when you do need to balance yourself, etc, you can usually use elbow or forearm.

Payments are now all contactless.

correcaminos

And to think years ago hundreds of thousands of us guests monthly touch the same thumb print scanner at the entrance of the theme park turnstiles before enjoying the day. Were they ever cleaned..
See you're icking me out again. I'm thinking about all the licking of fingers with food particles all over. Blech. Not a lot really grosses me out and definitely not a germaphobe but this is why I don't touch things and always open bathroom doors with paper towels. People are gross lol

And yet I don't carry hand sanitizer normally. I'm a mess :D

I'm not sure I would trust someone that showed up at my door. If someone asks for personal info, even just medical insurance info it would set off alarm bells. What type of info do they ask for? We had fake census people around while that was going on trying to get people's SSN.
I'm not sure I'd trust it either that way. But if someone from a hospital or red cross came up saying they had info and would answer any questions then pointing to a mobile clinic it might be okay. They wouldn't need to ask for info. I've signed up so many people for vaccines they never asked for SSN. I didn't even need the insurance info. So that's not needed either.

Skibum1970

See you're icking me out again. I'm thinking about all the licking of fingers with food particles all over. Blech. Not a lot really grosses me out and definitely not a germaphobe but this is why I don't touch things and always open bathroom doors with paper towels. People are gross lol

And yet I don't carry hand sanitizer normally. I'm a mess :D

I'm not sure I'd trust it either that way. But if someone from a hospital or red cross came up saying they had info and would answer any questions then pointing to a mobile clinic it might be okay. They wouldn't need to ask for info. I've signed up so many people for vaccines they never asked for SSN. I didn't even need the insurance info. So that's not needed either.

Yes Helenabear, please come with us in this white panel van with a red cross on it. Nothing bad will happen. <ominous music builds>

Skibum1970

Lol

Though that is why I said they could point to where the clinic was. No vans :p 😆

Well, I'm not trusting someone going door to door with a bag of "serum" and a box of needles. That just screams bad decision. Thankfully, I get my first vaccine shot today (Pfizer). One of my biggest questions is if this is going to be an annual shot, like the flu vaccine.

_caleb

Well, I'm not trusting someone going door to door with a bag of "serum" and a box of needles. That just screams bad decision. Thankfully, I get my first vaccine shot today (Pfizer). One of my biggest questions is if this is going to be an annual shot, like the flu vaccine.
I would venture to guess that you might not be the intended audience of a door-to-door vaccination initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom