Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc315

Also any handle or door pull. Really funny when you think phones and door handles are worse then toilet seats. I always thought they should have towelettes outside the door to open them with. Also, never understood the blow dryers for your hands in the bathrooms but pull door handles to get out of the place. No paper towels so your stuck either grabbing toilet paper or waiting until someone walks in then sneaking out. Am I the only one? Lol

There aren’t that many door handles for WDW guests. Mostly doors easy to push open.
To the extent there are door handles, they aren’t getting 1,000 touches per hour in the exact same spot.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I saw these things on restroom doors in town restaurants. Sorry I'm too uncoordinated to stand on one foot and pull the door with my other foot. :eek:
Besides the coordination issue, those are hard as hell to use! Especially if you're wearing a shoe without a back (like a sandal or flip-flop) or when the door is at all heavy (which most bathroom doors actually are).

GimpYancIent

I like the theme park restrooms. The bigger ones don't even have doorways. Sometimes the opposite sex enters the wrong restroom. 😮
Hmmmm very European. Maybe a renaming might be in order call them Water Closets (W.C.) as in Europe. Europeans consider Americans somewhat prudish so here is an opportunity for WDW to be more international. Glad you pointed this out.

GimpYancIent

Do you mean guests aren't expected to "rest" in restrooms. Lol
I guess guests can "rest" in restrooms. Personally I see a difference between relieving one self and resting. Not my choice for a place to "Rest". I definitely would look for much better accommodations to "Rest". Good catch.

JoeCamel

Hmmmm very European. Maybe a renaming might be in order call them Water Closets (W.C.) as in Europe. Europeans consider Americans somewhat prudish so here is an opportunity for WDW to be more international. Glad you pointed this out.
Well the UK does not consider our restrooms prudish. The people I know from there are unanimous in their distain for the amount of space under the doors and the poor fit of our WCs. The DA restrooms seem to be the only acceptable ones.
I don't care who sees me, we all have the same parts and most are not pretty or sexual to view.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

Also any handle or door pull. Really funny when you think phones and door handles are worse then toilet seats. I always thought they should have towelettes outside the door to open them with. Also, never understood the blow dryers for your hands in the bathrooms but pull door handles to get out of the place. No paper towels so your stuck either grabbing toilet paper or waiting until someone walks in then sneaking out. Am I the only one? Lol

I'll always grab paper towels, a tissue, or use my shirt to open a bathroom door if I have to pull it to get out. If a stall door opens inward then I use my foot to open it. I've seen too many horrors in public bathrooms to ever think any surface is clean.

Kevin_W

Well the UK does not consider our restrooms prudish. The people I know from there are unanimous in their distain for the amount of space under the doors and the poor fit of out WCs. The DA restrooms seem to be the only acceptable ones.
I don't care who sees me, we all have the same parts and most are not pretty or sexual to view.
Exactly, in my experience European public restrooms are better than American ones. Solid doors!

JoeCamel

Yes an interesting experience for Americans is encountering the restroom attendants and there is tipping.
Hard Rock Live Orlando has an attendant? that only collects dollars to hand you a paper napkin, disgusting conditions yet he has his hand out. Maybe he is the equivalent of the corner solicitor or windshield washer but a very bad look for the venue. I have encountered him over three visits
In any case they have to do something for me before I might pony up. Too much like being held hostage and "muy freedom" reigns supreme in this country so no tip unless you preform a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom