Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seascape

Today's Covid19 breakdown from the NY Times has some good news for most of the US and some bad news for the States that joined Governor Cuomo's lead. Florida is down to 22 cases per 100,000 and now there are only 5 states with cases in the 20's. However, Delaware had a huge spike and now has 30 cases per 100,000, joining RI which increased from 30 to 31, NY which improved from 37 to 36 and leading the pack NJ which again increased from 38 to 39. Back to good news the number of states in single digits increased from 4 to 6 and California is now at 10.

4 states in the 30's
5 states in the 20's, all 20 to 23
36 states in the 10's
6 states in single digits

Improvement but not fast enough. I have no idea what happed in Delaware which reported 798 cases yesterday and a 7 day average of 291, something is wrong there. But NJ is a complete disgrace being 69.6% higher than DC and 77.3% higher than Florida. I just did a quick calculation and if yesterday's 798 cases was removed, Delaware's average for the other 6 days is 20.2 per 100,000. It will be interesting to see what the number is today and if yesterday was a fluke then Delaware could drop to the 10's in another 7 days.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I might think he’s slow walking on the 4th, but I did think he struck a hopeful tone and I find it so refreshing to hear the President actually support vaccinations. We desperately need everyone to do our part and it was great to see the PSA with all but one of the living former presidents urging the same.
Words not supported by the facts. Everything claimed was initiated, in the works and progressing well before the Joe and Co team were in place. A nothing talking moment to meet the media demands that he appear and say something. Well, he did do that.

GimpYancIent

Today's Covid19 breakdown from the NY Times has some good news for most of the US and some bad news for the States that joined Governor Cuomo's lead. Florida is down to 22 cases per 100,000 and now there are only 5 states with cases in the 20's. However, Delaware had a huge spike and now has 30 cases per 100,000, joining RI which increased from 30 to 31, NY which improved from 37 to 36 and leading the pack NJ which again increased from 38 to 39. Back to good news the number of states in single digits increased from 4 to 6 and California is now at 10.

4 states in the 30's
36 states in the 10's

Improvement but not fast enough. I have no idea what happed in Delaware which reported 798 cases yesterday and a 7 day average of 291, something is wrong there. But NJ is a complete disgrace being 69.6% higher than DC and 77.3% higher than Florida.
The measure I look at is the tale of two Disney's. Disneyland "The Happiest Place on Earth" has been an unhappy place due to the poor manner the State Government has managed things. Not just abrasive, abusive, unscientific, self serving, arrogant and egotistical but lacking in the most basic common sense. It is sad it took loss of life, liberty and near financial ruin for the people of the great state of California to begin to see the light. Change is coming! Then! There is Walt Disney World "The Most Magical Place on Earth" which has appeared truly magical by remaining operational during the most difficult times thanks to a common sense management approach taken by a common sense State Government that, despite criticism by a loud few, did follow the science. The sunshine state is definitely bright and drawing many to relocate from repressive locations. Two different ends of the spectrum and one is definitely out weighing the other. My two cents, have a magical day!

Touchdown

Words not supported by the facts. Everything claimed was initiated, in the works and progressing well before the Joe and Co team were in place. A nothing talking moment to meet the media demands that he appear and say something. Well, he did do that.
Yup I’m sure the plans for all this were fully in place in January and the government has been in autopilot since then 🙄.

I mean the previous admistration was so good at planning things in advance that I’m sure they had the shipping plans in place for vaccine distribution for months in advance, they just choose to only tell states their weekly allotment the Friday before.

Does the previous administration deserve credit for funding the vaccine program, yes, they do but to suggest that everything that has happened with the vaccine rollout is their doing is crazy. Also, they could have done more, we would not have enough vaccines to vaccinate every adult by September let alone May under their plan without the Astra Zenica vaccine being approved.

At some point you need to pull of the partisan glasses and recongnize both administrations have gotten us to where we are now. I also don’t understand why you choose to reply to my comment without addressing the substance of my post. President Trump got his vaccine in secret, and while he wants to take all the credit for them existing, he refuses to advocate for all Americans to get one. As his supporters compose the majority of Americans who still refuse to get the vaccine he could do a lot of good if he publicly advocated them to get one but he won’t. I do not understand why.

Then again, I don’t understand his refusal to wear a mask.

DisneyCane

He literally said everyone will be eligible in less than 2 months for the vaccine and that we will most likely get to celebrate 4th of July with our family and friends having fun and doing the things we used too....... so depressing...../s

His tone has to be solemn. We lost over half a million people within a year when we really could have avoided a lot of deaths. It is a solemn moment for our nation. A moment for reflection. Today I felt sadness as I remember what I did this day last year down to the second. A year ago everything changed. We lost so much. Not just lives, but jobs, our livelihood, we lost a whole year of time. We have endured a lot this year and now we can be hopeful, but we are allowed to feel sad.

This speech made me feel like our president was with us in our suffering but also with us in our hopeful race to the end.
I read the transcript of the speech. It felt more like a campaign speech instead of something to inspire as many people as possible to get vaccinated.

The carrot he offered by saying "If we do all this, if we do our part, we do this together, by July the 4th, there’s a good chance you, your families and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout and a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day" is a complete nothing burger. Gathering outdoors with family and friends is doable NOW without people being vaccinated.

There should have been less time blaming Trump for all of the deaths and taking credit for vaccine doses that he had nothing to do with and a lot more time on the possibilities of returning to normal if everybody gets vaccinated ASAP! I think my favorite part was when he said, "when I came into office, you may recall, I set a goal that many of you said was that kind of way over the top. I said I intended to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days in office." Who, with a working brain, said that the goal was way over the top? We were already at the daily rate required for that before 1/20.

The absolute last thing he should have done is said to listen to Dr. Fauci. That will sour more people than anything else he could have said. The people who listen to Dr. Fauci don't need to be convinced to get vaccinated.

The entire focus of Government leadership should be coming up with ways to encourage as many people as humanly possible to get vaccinated. I don't know if they asked Trump to be in that PSA but if they didn't, they should have.

As someone who was/is a strong Trump supporter, I truly don't understand the resistance to vaccination of some other Trump supporters. He was the one pushing for the rapid vaccine development/approval and they were approved while he was still in office and his appointees were doing the approvals.

tpac24

I might think he’s slow walking on the 4th, but I did think he struck a hopeful tone and I find it so refreshing to hear the President actually support vaccinations. We desperately need everyone to do our part and it was great to see the PSA with all but one of the living former presidents urging the same.
Because our previous one didn't? You do realize how silly that sounds right considering he pushed the speed of getting the vaccines out the door? So much so our girl Harris said she may not take it.

DisneyDebRob

I read the transcript of the speech. It felt more like a campaign speech instead of something to inspire as many people as possible to get vaccinated.

The carrot he offered by saying "If we do all this, if we do our part, we do this together, by July the 4th, there’s a good chance you, your families and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout and a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day" is a complete nothing burger. Gathering outdoors with family and friends is doable NOW without people being vaccinated.

There should have been less time blaming Trump for all of the deaths and taking credit for vaccine doses that he had nothing to do with and a lot more time on the possibilities of returning to normal if everybody gets vaccinated ASAP! I think my favorite part was when he said, "when I came into office, you may recall, I set a goal that many of you said was that kind of way over the top. I said I intended to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days in office." Who, with a working brain, said that the goal was way over the top? We were already at the daily rate required for that before 1/20.

The absolute last thing he should have done is said to listen to Dr. Fauci. That will sour more people than anything else he could have said. The people who listen to Dr. Fauci don't need to be convinced to get vaccinated.

The entire focus of Government leadership should be coming up with ways to encourage as many people as humanly possible to get vaccinated. I don't know if they asked Trump to be in that PSA but if they didn't, they should have.

As someone who was/is a strong Trump supporter, I truly don't understand the resistance to vaccination of some other Trump supporters. He was the one pushing for the rapid vaccine development/approval and they were approved while he was still in office and his appointees were doing the approvals.
So.. to sum up.. the new administration has done nothing.. should not take credit for anything.. and everything was in place. Got it.
As for the shot at Fauci, which you seem to do every few days..he is trying to sway the people that listened to Trump when he called Fauci not to smart, bring them back to listen to science and get vaccinated. It’s not always black and white as some here think it always is. It amazes me that some will show numbers here every day.. have their spread sheets.. know doses being given in each state.. figuring out raw data.. but still can’t read between the lines of what someone is saying.

tpac24

Give me a quote of Donald Trump telling everyone to get a vaccine. Go on, I’ll wait.
You will be waiting a long time because I am not sitting here cutting and pasting quotes for you. I will say that over the last year when he was in office I listened to countless press conferences from a man( who wasn't afraid to answer questions from the press unlike poor old Joe ) who talked endlessly about coivd vaccinations and their importance to get back to normal.

DisneyCane

Give me a quote of Donald Trump telling everyone to get a vaccine. Go on, I’ll wait.
You need to find somebody that archived his Tweets. I don't remember the exact quotes but he was Tweeting about the vaccine when Pfizer got the EUA in between the election rants.

He certainly never encouraged people not to (which the current VP did).

So.. to sum up.. the new administration has done nothing.. should not take credit for anything.. and everything was in place. Got it.
As for the shot at Fauci, which you seem to do every few days..he is trying to sway the people that listened to Trump when he called Fauci not to smart, bring them back to listen to science and get vaccinated. It’s not always black and white as some here think it always is. It amazes me that some will show numbers here every day.. have their spread sheets.. know doses being given in each state.. figuring out raw data.. but still can’t read between the lines of what someone is saying.
The new administration can take credit for forcing states to prioritize teachers. It can take credit for the additional doses ordered. It can take credit for brokering the deal between J&J and Merck. He can take credit for however many shots per day are administered by the Federal sites (although those doses probably could be administered through other sites). However, none of those things led to the availability of any of the doses delivered to date. Biden's grand goal of 100 million shots in 100 days was met (in daily rate) by an outgoing administration that checked out on 11/4.

I had as much to do with the higher percentage of seniors being vaccinated since 1/20 as Biden has. That was going to happen if the Presidency had been vacated and there was nobody in office.

As for Fauci, I didn't take a shot at him in that post. I simply stated the fact that there are more people who won't get a vaccine because he vouches for it than people who will. I support getting vaccinated regardless of what Dr. Control Freak says about it but there are people who won't because he supports it.

correcaminos

Because our previous one didn't? You do realize how silly that sounds right considering he pushed the speed of getting the vaccines out the door? So much so our girl Harris said she may not take it.
That's madam VP, your girl. Former Pres Trump did not promote the vaccine. In fact he hid that he got it. He may have had OWS for some but not the first one we approved.

As a moderate this disgusts me how political people are still to this day. Sexist too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh dear. I apologize...but some things have to be acknowledged, challenged. You boys and girls have been busy overnight.

He literally said everyone will be eligible in less than 2 months for the vaccine and that we will most likely get to celebrate 4th of July with our family and friends having fun and doing the things we used too....... so depressing...../s

His tone has to be solemn. We lost over half a million people within a year when we really could have avoided a lot of deaths. It is a solemn moment for our nation. A moment for reflection. Today I felt sadness as I remember what I did this day last year down to the second. A year ago everything changed. We lost so much. Not just lives, but jobs, our livelihood, we lost a whole year of time. We have endured a lot this year and now we can be hopeful, but we are allowed to feel sad.

This speech made me feel like our president was with us in our suffering but also with us in our hopeful race to the end.

I think this is the entire disconnect. I think people either:
1. don’t understand this number
2. Don’t care because it hasn’t directly affected their circle
3. Don’t want to admit that their political choices lead to a big part of that number. Because it did. Fell for the scam/shell game at a point in history were the humans couldn’t afford it. This wasn’t the dot.com crash.

You mean getting the vaccine in private like a man-baby coward isn’t the way to go?

4 states in the 30's
36 states in the 10's

Improvement but not fast enough. I have no idea what happed in Delaware which reported 798 cases yesterday and a 7 day average of 291, something is wrong there. But NJ is a complete disgrace being 69.6% higher than DC and 77.3% higher than Florida. I just did a quick calculation and if yesterday's 798 cases was removed, Delaware's average for the other 6 days is 20.2 per 100,000. It will be interesting to see what the number is today and if yesterday was a fluke then Delaware could drop to the 10's in another 7 days.

This is an excellent attempt to insert political preferences without trying to look like its politics. It’s like frank the tank debating from old school.

It's France! Nuff said.

Our oldest and longest ally that the country would never have existed without?

(I like to remind the enlightened philosophes of the “Mountain Dew Society” when this comes up)

You will be waiting a long time because I am not sitting here cutting and pasting quotes for you. I will say that over the last year when he was in office I listened to countless press conferences from a man( who wasn't afraid to answer questions from the press unlike poor old Joe ) who talked endlessly about coivd vaccinations and their importance to get back to normal.

...no need to wait when you’ve got nothing...

tpac24

That's madam VP, your girl. Former Pres Trump did not promote the vaccine. In fact he hid that he got it. He may have had OWS for some but not the first one we approved.

As a moderate this disgusts me how political people are still to this day. Sexist too.
Again attention seeking behavior with your health care decisions is silly and not necessary to make one pro vaccine and if you don't seek this attention it doesn't make you anit vaxx. Also I am woman so it's cute you called me sexist.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
As Six Flags parks can lose masks and social distancing by May/June or July if all millions of people got vaccines.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You need to find somebody that archived his Tweets. I don't remember the exact quotes but he was Tweeting about the vaccine when Pfizer got the EUA in between the election rants.

If you do that “deep dive”...what you’ll find is a lot of lauding the vaccines while taking credit for other things mixed in.

Not supporting taking it because others are not a concern.

Go ahead and check. You know how I know? Because the pattern has never changed since 1970. This is psychology 101...not honors edition.

Don’t feed them...they’ll just fling their feces back at you. The lack of basic wisdom displayed after 5 decades on the planet is shocking...and yet not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom