Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obobru

Yes because those few thousand of 70 year olds are human beings who deserved to be saved.
Yes I agree we should let the world go to hell in a handbasket and screw the world for a generation so they can get a few more years in. The economic carnage might be so devastating that suicides increase and more people will homeless but as long as my granny gets a few more years on earth (one that 50+ yrs ago she would have had less chance of still being on at her age) then that's all that matters.

Obobru

I heard some youtubers were in Disney Springs today, Why? Tim Tracker has been home vlogging because of the baby and disunplugged will be streaming from their homes as a team tonight's test Illuminations. Just some FYI
I think you answered your own question "why?" With "some YouTubers are in Disney Springs" "vlogging"

its apparently a full time job for some lazy People who can't be bothered getting a real job. I am exempting Braydon because of the trolls here who hate him, it makes me like him even more.
"

disney4life2008

In the last 25 years, two main events shuttered Disney: September 11 and the recession of 2008. One can argue that Disney eventually bounced back from both.

After each of these events, how did the parks change? What about discounts? I remember in 2009, we got Disney gift cards and deep discounts. Do you think this will occur again?

erasure fan1

I've heard oat tastes pretty good, I like coconut and my dh likes almond. Good luck
I'm not sure if we looked at the oat milk, I think we did. She is allergic enough to need an epi pen and we can't have anything produced on the same line as dairy because of possible cross contamination.
It is. Extreme selfishness. I'm hoping the hoarding and panic shopping will slow during the next week.
That's my hope as well. The production of all this stuff hasn't been disrupted. So I would think once all the stores catch up with this wave of nonsense, people will stop and realize they don't need 6 months of supplies. But stupidity is extremely prevalent in this world so who knows.

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

So when this is over and millions are unemployed and the airlines have merged into one super airline with super high prices but we have managed to save the lives of a few thousand 70+ yr olds who die just after it's all over do we think Disney will be offering some amazing room rates and ticket deals? In the past after economic disasters which were nothing like this one will be the prices were more realistic and they froze or minimally increased prices, they can't roll them back from the stupid prices they are charging now as it will expose how they fleeced everyone so maybe packages with free dining and almost free rooms might be the way to win back people who are lucky enough not to living in their cars.
Posts like this should not be allowed to hide in anonymity.

RobWDW1971

Yes because those few thousand of 70 year olds are human beings who deserved to be saved.
Every year over 100,000 people die of Alzheimer's Disease, 97% over the age of 65. I don't remember the black armbands and wailing posts of empathy on these boards and Twitter about that.

Old people die. I'm old. I will die. Feel free to save the economy and I will fend for myself. Thanks for your passionate support, but I'm good, honestly.

(Insert hysterical wailing about "how it's not only about you, but my grandmother" here)

DisneyDebRob

Ah.. the good old days.

Attachments

• DA3C00E0-0C59-4840-A425-DC37CC51F289.png
    DA3C00E0-0C59-4840-A425-DC37CC51F289.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 80

TeriofTerror

Every year over 100,000 people die of Alzheimer's Disease, 97% over the age of 65. I don't remember the black armbands and wailing posts of empathy on these boards and Twitter about that.

Old people die. I'm old. I will die. Feel free to save the economy and I will fend for myself. Thanks for your passionate support, but I'm good, honestly.

(Insert hysterical wailing about "how it's not only about you, but my grandmother" here)
I'm sad when people die. I can't do a single thing about Alzheimer's. I can take steps to avoid infecting people with Coronavirus. To paraphrase Star Lord, i'm not 100% a dick.

ImperfectPixie

How about a 50-year-old father of two young children who also happens to have heart issues that will greatly exacerbate symptoms if he catches the virus?

Josh Hendy

91 people swabbed today and 1 positive. Our city is about 313,000 people.
Gee whiz ... does anyone in Canada know this? Someone I know who lives in Canada is feeling quite sick with "scary" symptoms and was told by a government hotline to stay home because they're only testing 80 people per day ... in a city of 4 million people (more than 10% of the country). It sounds like the person on the hotline has to be 90% sure you have Corona before they'll ask you to come in and have a test.

I guess the Canadian authorities' email is broken or something and they didn't get the memo from WHO:

“We have a simple message for all countries: test, test, test, test.”

RobWDW1971

I'm sad when people die. I can't do a single thing about Alzheimer's. I can take steps to avoid infecting people with Coronavirus. To paraphrase Star Lord, i'm not 100% a ****.
Totally agree - so let's do something that will actually address the issue - quarantine those high sensitivity targets. Then let's put our energy into servicing them while they are quarantined (deliver meals, health services, etc.). THAT will actually do something vs. trying to destroy our way of life and economy to stop the spread of a virus that 98% won't die from and you have a bad fever and cough for a few days.

ImperfectPixie

Totally agree - so let's do something that will actually address the issue - quarantine those high sensitivity targets. Then let's put our energy into servicing them while they are quarantined (deliver meals, health services, etc.). THAT will actually do something vs. trying to destroy our way of life and economy to stop the spread of a virus that 98% won't die from and you have a bad fever and cough for a few days.
Do you really think they aren't consulting experts about the decisions they're making? Can we stop armchair governing, please?

ETA: Discussing woulds-coulds-shoulds does no one any good as none of us are personally involved in the decision-making.

Last edited:

tallica

How about a 50-year-old father of two young children who also happens to have heart issues that will greatly exacerbate symptoms if he catches the virus?
Self sequester is his best option, all it takes is one brief encounter. At this stage it might be to late for exposure.

21stamps

Do you really think they aren't consulting experts about the decisions they're making? Can we stop armchair governing, please?

ETA: Discussion woulds-coulds-shoulds does no one any good as none of us are personally involved in the decision-making.

The thing is, everyone keeps saying “experts” and yes, I do believe that these people are at the top of their field.. but they can not be an “expert” on this virus.. what they are doing is their best educated guess... and no one is questioning where that guess is coming from!
Example- my governor said that we most likely have 100,000 people infected in my state.. he is shutting everything down, but there is no real explanation on where that number is coming from.

We supposedly have a “free press” in this country, but right now it doesn’t feel like it. It feels like that are intentionally leaving us in the dark and just telling us to trust the word of “experts”. Not everyone is ok with that.

tallica

ETA: Discussion woulds-coulds-shoulds does no one any good as none of us are personally involved in the decision-making.
If a person is that worried about getting sick they personally can make their own decisions about limiting their exposure. They don't have to wait for the government. They have free will.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

The thing is, everyone keeps saying “experts” and yes, I do believe that these people are at the top of their field.. but they can not be an “expert” on this virus.. what they are doing is their best educated guess... and no one is questioning where that guess is coming from!

We supposedly have a “free press” in this country, but right now it doesn’t feel like it. It feels like that are intentionally leaving us in the dark and just telling us to trust the word of “experts”. Not everyone is ok with that.
I meant more than just health experts. I'm sure they're talking to economists, statisticians, etc. etc.

21stamps

I meant more than just health experts. I'm sure they're talking to economists, statisticians, etc. etc.

I know. I’m just frustrated that more people aren’t asking for more data. We’re just too much of a group of followers these days... like we’ve forgotten how to think for ourselves. I’m talking about society in general- Proof being this strange toilet paper obsession.

disneygeek90

Example- my governor said that we most likely have 100,000 people infected in my state.. he is shutting everything down, but there is no real explanation on where that number is coming from.

Okay but they're definitely more of an expert than us. On a Disney forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom