Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

That is a reasonable assumption.

Looking at the HHS data (See Pfizer and Moderna tabs under allocation in the link below) it seems to have columns for Doses allocated and Second Dose shipment. So I would concur with your interpretation and that we are only 84 weeks to full Florida immunization vs 168 weeks.

Much better! Only a year and a half to go! :)

Disney Glimpses

Now just improve the process to the point that you double the numbers currently being done and we are cut down to 9 months and then hopefully with JnJ and AstraZenecca we cut the time in half again down to 5 months and we’re done in June :)
Probably even sooner. The reality is once the vulnerable communities (senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions) are vaccinated, the pandemic comes to an effective end. Cases will continue to rise but deaths will plummet to flu-like numbers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Probably even sooner. The reality is once the vulnerable communities (senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions) are vaccinated, the pandemic comes to an effective end. Cases will continue to rise but deaths will plummet to flu-like numbers.
The pandemic won’t end once senior citizens are vaccinated. The death toll will drop but not much else will change. There’s no short cutting it. We need everyone to get the vaccine (really 80% but best if everyone assumes there’s no room left in the other 20% bucket). Once enough people are vaccinated and cases drop off then the pandemic ends. There’s no return to normal before that.

Disney Glimpses

The pandemic won’t end once senior citizens are vaccinated. The death toll will drop but not much else will change. There’s no short cutting it. We need everyone to get the vaccine (really 80% but best if everyone assumes there’s no room left in the other 20% bucket). Once enough people are vaccinated and cases drop off then the pandemic ends. There’s no return to normal before that.
Not just senior citizens. Senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions. That group of people makes up nearly 99% of all COVID deaths. If the death toll drops to flu-like numbers, then what is the risk?

The reality is we're lucky if we get 40% of Americans to get the shot. As sad as that is.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not just senior citizens. Senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions. That group of people makes up nearly 99% of all COVID deaths. If the death toll drops to flu-like numbers, then what is the risk?

The reality is we're lucky if we get 40% of Americans to get the shot. As sad as that is.
All of the polling out there is significantly higher than that. Most recent has 78% saying they will get the vaccine and 20% saying they will never get it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think by May if the Biden administration reaches the goal, Disney could go to half capacity and full capacity by the 50th celebration
Seems possible.

My feeling on the return to normal is they will gradually remove restrictions as vaccines are rolled out and cases drop. I think they will start with distancing on rides themselves since that’s the most problematic restriction that limits park capacity. We are seeing some of this already with plexiglass dividers on ride vehicles and some coasters loading every row. Once ride capacity goes up that allows for park capacity to be ramped up. You can’t let more people in the parks without that increase or waits will just get longer and longer and guest satisfaction drops.

My gut feeling is ride distancing goes first than they bring back some more outdoor shows and then add restaurant and store capacity and the last thing to go is masks. I think the goal would be to ramp up capacity by summer (May/June) when they are re-opening a number of resorts and hopefully the vaccinations will be far along. I could see a full relaxing by sometime in the summer if all goes well, but definitely by fall either way.

JAKECOTCenter

Seems possible.

My feeling on the return to normal is they will gradually remove restrictions as vaccines are rolled out and cases drop. I think they will start with distancing on rides themselves since that’s the most problematic restriction that limits park capacity. We are seeing some of this already with plexiglass dividers on ride vehicles and some coasters loading every row. Once ride capacity goes up that allows for park capacity to be ramped up. You can’t let more people in the parks without that increase or waits will just get longer and longer and guest satisfaction drops.

My gut feeling is ride distancing goes first than they bring back some more outdoor shows and then add restaurant and store capacity and the last thing to go is masks. I think the goal would be to ramp up capacity by summer (May/June) when they are re-opening a number of resorts and hopefully the vaccinations will be far along. I could see a full relaxing by sometime in the summer if all goes well, but definitely by fall either way.
I do think masks will be last down but I do think character meet and greets will be the very last. Once masks are gone, meet and greets in their traditional form can come back somewhat

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do think masks will be last down but I do think character meet and greets will be the very last. Once masks are gone, meet and greets in their traditional form can come back somewhat
Some little stuff may take longer like self serve buffets and full character interactions.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Orange County is launching its first large COVID-19 vaccination site at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim later this week, officials announced Monday.

The location is one of five in the county labeled as a “Point-of-Dispensing” site, or a “Super POD,” and each will have the capacity to vaccinate thousands of resident each day, county officials said in a news release.

“The Disneyland Resort, the largest employer in the heart of Orange County, has stepped up to host the county’s first Super POD site – undertaking a monumental task in our vaccination distribution process,” said Chairman of the Orange County Board of Supervisors Andrew Do.

The county said it will announce the location of the other “Super PODs” as agreements are finalized. The intent is to increase efficiency and provide multiple vaccine distribution points throughout Orange County, officials said.

Vaccine distribution in California is managed through a phased, tiered approach."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom