Not open for further replies.

Rider

Deaths:

B89EEDE9-4254-4E5F-B088-94A77E770DCF.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
THIS

is extremely upsetting to me.

Why? Saves people the trouble of figuring out a way to dispute or invalidate the data. Just stop providing it. Problem solved.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s not what’s happening.
Honestly I don’t really care. It was just a joke. I’m done with all the back and forth on the topic. No matter what information they provide it won’t be enough or right if it doesn’t support people’s position. That’s obvious now. People can claim they want more or better data but what they really want is someone to justify that what they want to do is OK. Not sure why the need for justification. If you want to do things just do them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Honestly I don’t really care. It was just a joke. I’m done with all the back and forth on the topic. No matter what information they provide it won’t be enough or right if it doesn’t support people’s position. That’s obvious now. People can claim they want more or better data but what they really want is someone to justify that what they want to do is OK. Not sure why the need for justification. If you want to do things just do them.
Fair enough. Works both ways though.

The Mom

Premium Member
This is a thread specifically about Covid-19 and WDW. Not about the flu, car accidents, missing children, etc. The only comparisons should be comparing the rate of increase or decrease of cases, hospitalizations and deaths due to the virus. And the ensuing arguments about what the charts, graphs, and statistics really mean.

But, if you can't discuss it without bringing in politics or social issues (which I know is very, very difficult for some of you) please bring your discussion over to the correct forum. Thank you.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But the masks come off when you eat. And drink. How often do they stay on in rides and shows, where the lights are off, both official and social-stigma-based enforcement is impossible, and people want to relax? What measures are in place to track and deal with repeat offenders? Have we had any reports of people being kicked out or in any other way punished for non-compliance?
Dining is a big issue. There are plenty of outdoor dining options but it’s a bit uncomfortable “eating on the surface of the sun” outside in FL in the summer. I don’t think we have an answer for that at WDW or anywhere for that matter. The best plan is to do takeout or eat outside but those aren’t always options at WDW.

As far as the rest, I haven’t been there personally so I can’t directly comment. I haven’t seen numerous stories of people removing masks on rides or in shows but it could be happening. As far as enforcement, I haven’t seen any videos of people being kicked out, but that doesn’t mean CMs aren’t enforcing. It’s hard to say for sure if that’s an issue.

Casper Gutman

Didn’t even come close to saying that. How about we stop trying to pick a fight over every post? It doesn’t always have to be “I say black, you say white.”
What did you mean by "it works both ways" in relation to the pandemic? Sorry if I misunderstood.

oceanbreeze77

Dining is a big issue. There are plenty of outdoor dining options but it’s a bit uncomfortable “eating on the surface of the sun” outside in FL in the summer. I don’t think we have an answer for that at WDW or anywhere for that matter. The best plan is to do takeout or eat outside but those aren’t always options at WDW.
I'm really interested in what the restaurant studies find regarding how long mask-less exposure effects infection rate.

Casper Gutman

As far as the rest, I haven’t been there personally so I can’t directly comment. I haven’t seen numerous stories of people removing masks on rides or in shows but it could be happening. As far as enforcement, I haven’t seen any videos of people being kicked out, but that doesn’t mean CMs aren’t enforcing. It’s hard to say for sure if that’s an issue.
This is one of my real questions about the measures: what power do the CMs have to enforce masking? Anything beyond a gentle comment?

Jwink

I make my husband eat in his car at work. He washes hands before exiting the building, then sanitizer in the car. Eats, then re-masks with new ones and goes back in.

Kevin_W

That is a disheartening curve. The only solace we've had in the past couple months is that at least deaths per day for the country was steadily decreasing, indicating that at some point it would flatten out close to zero. It followed that trend nicely in the early exposed areas of Asia and Western Europe and it looked like the US was on that path too. But now the US as a whole is going the wrong direction, with the 7-day average of deaths per day increasing by 50-100 per day (with a significant amount of that coming from Florida, it seems). It's pretty darn depressing.

oceanbreeze77

That is a disheartening curve. The only solace we've had in the past couple months is that at least deaths per day for the country was steadily decreasing, indicating that at some point it would flatten out close to zero. It followed that trend nicely in the early exposed areas of Asia and Western Europe and it looked like the US was on that path too. But now the US as a whole is going the wrong direction, with the 7-day average of deaths per day increasing by 50-100 per day (with a significant amount of that coming from Florida, it seems). It's pretty darn depressing.
I think the drop in NY gave everyone false hope. It was just one state but it accounted for a high number, that didn't mean other states were in the clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom