Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
I hope somebody who lives in Florida could help me, please. I have a villa booked near Davenport from 7th June till 28th June and the owners have not yet been in contact. I fear that if I cancel I will lose a lot of money. I have heard that short term rentals were banned under the Florida Governor’s instructions. Is this still the case? I’m hoping so because then they will have to cancel and I stand a chance of a refund! I would then have been moving to WDW so is vaguely related to the thread. I have looked on line but can’t find any up to date information. Obviously we can’t go anyway because of international travel restrictions. Many thanks in advance.

Another poster posted a link (thank you) but this is the pertinent part - as far as your question.

The Governor’s Re-Open Florida Task Force report suggests vacation rentals could open in phase two, but only to Florida residents. Anyone traveling internationally or from domestic hot spots couldn’t rent, according to a subsequent suggestion.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Another poster posted a link (thank you) but this is the pertinent part - as far as your question.

The Governor’s Re-Open Florida Task Force report suggests vacation rentals could open in phase two, but only to Florida residents. Anyone traveling internationally or from domestic hot spots couldn’t rent, according to a subsequent suggestion.
Makes sense. That doesn’t look promising for a WDW re-opening during phase two either. Same risk of people traveling in from hot spots.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Major League Soccer's plan to return to play during the coronavirus pandemic is solidifying, with the league proposing a summer tournament in Florida involving all 26 teams, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The proposal calls for players and coaches to head to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando to begin training on June 1, with the tournament -- involving matches without fans -- set to begin three to four weeks later."

Lilofan

"Major League Soccer's plan to return to play during the coronavirus pandemic is solidifying, with the league proposing a summer tournament in Florida involving all 26 teams, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The proposal calls for players and coaches to head to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando to begin training on June 1, with the tournament -- involving matches without fans -- set to begin three to four weeks later."

Hopefully WDW gets this contract. MLS will help fill up hotel rooms, and more cast members can be called back to work that work at ESPN and the resort hotels!

trainplane3

Oh here we go. I am June 6. Wonder if i get it or not?

edit: no email and still on MDE for Saturday...... but it is inevitable:(. Cause we wont wear a mask.
My 5/23 AKl reservation is still showing in MDE, although FP+ have been cancelled for a while. (This was my daughters first time ever making FP selections for us, she was sad to lose them after her work!)
Heads up. If it's the same way it was for me, my late April trip FPs were dropped about 2 weeks before the trip while the actual room reservations were cancelled the day of my "arrival". No emails either.

wishiwere@wdw

We are week of June 7th and haven’t received anything so far. Wonder if it’s the same for DVC or perhaps there is a reduced capacity plan afloat with only certain resorts? Oh well. Was just hoping for different scenery for a few days but no biggie.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Oh here we go. I am June 6. Wonder if i get it or not?

edit: no email and still on MDE for Saturday...... but it is inevitable:(. Cause we wont wear a mask.
I'm June 6 too and I got the email. It's still on the app though so I can modify the date, etc.

And for I reference we aren't DVC, but we are AP

Last edited:

trainplane3

We are week of June 7th and haven’t received anything so far. Wonder if it’s the same for DVC or perhaps there is a reduced capacity plan afloat with only certain resorts? Oh well. Was just hoping for different scenery for a few days but no biggie.
I had a single DVC day with points that were transferred from the main account. That was actually cancelled a few days before my arrival but the points didn't get put back into the account they were moved from for about 3 weeks.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I'm June 6 too and I got the email. It's still on the app though so I can modify the date, etc.
Odd, maybe mine is related to the comments directly above about DVC. Mine is a DVC reservation. OR they are going in alphabetical order on the emails going out...... With my last name that starts with a Y........ Welll.... Thank the Phoneticians. LOL

DCBaker

Premium Member
Mall of America will reopen June 1st -

"The mall added that the June 1 opening does not mean all the stores will be open on that date. It might take longer for some retailers to get everything in order. Also, in-person dining and attractions, such as Nickelodeon Universe, will remain closed until the state allows those types of businesses to reopen."

ThatMouse

So this misleading headline is exactly the reason Disney fans need to start separating Disney Springs from Disney World! :p If you don't want to give Jacob the clicks, it's just rehashing everything that is known and he has no clue when it will actually open.

Walt Disney World will start to reopen on May 20 — get ready for empty seats on Space Mountain and NO hugs from Cinderella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom