Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney Springs is part of Disney World. Disney World is beginning to reopen to the public. It’s not a false headline. A little click bait sure but that’s the game they have to play.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney could cancel those ahead of time they already know where they are coming from.
They could do a limited Florida only open for just MK and maybe a few monorail resorts. There’s not enough demand from FL only to open the whole resort. There’s no profits there.

There’s no way Disney wants to start setting rules on which states or regions people can visit from. If its not safe for people from certain areas to visit then they won’t open. They have to have more of a national view at the situation as opposed to a zoo or small amusement park that mostly serves locals.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Any thoughts on Disney not extending AP room only discounts past July 9, despite extended sun and fun discount through August? We're now within 60 days and it seems unusual to not have a discount out to attract APs who can can then book FPs at 60 days.

All I've come up with is that Shanghai model is being imported and APs will be extended through the "reservation period," and Disney doesn't want to give both the AP extension AND heavily discounted rooms when resort capacity will already be capped.

Or am I reading into this much? Either way, it feels unusual to have an AP room discount expiring writing 60 days and nothing on its tail.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Gatorland Orlando, along with other local attractions like Fun Spot America and Icon Park submitted letters to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings asking to be included in phase two of the governor's reopening plan.

The letters include CDC guidelines for visitors and procedure manuals.

Employees at Gatorland Orlando have safety measures already set up throughout the park-like 6 feet place holders on the ground and signs with new restrictions for guests.

“The fact that we are open-air I think that changes the ball game for us you know. There’s smaller attractions and zoos like us that are starting to open up across the state we are just waiting for our turn,” Hileman said.

Fun Spot America sent News 6 a statement on Thursday that reads:

“We are all in this together and everyone has an important role to play, Fun Spot America continues to do their part with a legacy of providing Safe, Clean, Fun for over 22 years and now even more with the addition of new staff positions working in Clean Teams to strictly focus on wiping down all railing, surfaces and high touch areas regularly; hand sanitizer stations located throughout the park will remind guests to do their part, outdoor seating reconfigured to be at a minimum of 6 feet apart, our queue lines will be 9 feet apart from each other," John Chidester Vice President of Marketing said. "We will also operate with alternate seating on Roller Coasters, Go-Karts, Family, Thrill and Kiddie rides. Our Arcade, Diners and any other indoor attractions will be closed.”

Temperature checks for staff prior to their shift. (Those with temperatures over 100.4 will not be allowed to enter premises.)

“We believe initially we will be operating at lower capacity levels which have yet to be set, and there will be signage throughout the park to remind our guests to join us in practicing Safe, Clean, Fun,” Chidester added.

Polynesia

This is Florida telling those people what to do, not Disney. And it seems to only tell you to quarantine if you pass through an airport. Thanks for the loophole, guys!
Florida has also stopped cars coming in from other states. This was created at the beginning to discourage people from other states overwhelming the area hospitals. Once Disney opens to non Florida residents all states should be welcome. Of course, they’ve got to watch the numbers to see when that will happen.

wannabeBelle

That’s not Disney regulating that. Disney won’t have some CM at the front gate carding people to determine if they can come in.
This is Florida telling those people what to do, not Disney. And it seems to only tell you to quarantine if you pass through an airport. Thanks for the loophole, guys!
Absolutely true, but I know some people who would be hesitant to travel like that, with the risk of being caught. As of right now the only checkpoints I have heard about are the ones at the Florida Keys. But would you self quarantine for 14 days prior to your vacation ( or the length of your stay) to be able to spend a week at Disney? Where can you quarantine? Are you allowed to do that at the resort you are staying at? All of these are questions that have come up in discussion. My understanding is that once this goes into phase 2 this restriction will be lifted completely. Thoughts? Marie

Chip Chipperson

Florida has also stopped cars coming in from other states. This was created at the beginning to discourage people from other states overwhelming the area hospitals. Once Disney opens to non Florida residents all states should be welcome. Of course, they’ve got to watch the numbers to see when that will happen.

I agree that they can't realistically open just for certain states once they decide to allow non-FL residents in. Let's say NY and NJ are on the "do not allow in" list but the surrounding states are okay. How do they know someone from MD didn't visit relatives in NJ before leaving for FL or didn't fly in from Atlantic City because the flight was cheaper and they wanted to fly out of a smaller airport? If they don't use the Magical Express and provide their flight information then there's no way to know.

Lilofan

T
I agree that they can't realistically open just for certain states once they decide to allow non-FL residents in. Let's say NY and NJ are on the "do not allow in" list but the surrounding states are okay. How do they know someone from MD didn't visit relatives in NJ before leaving for FL or didn't fly in from Atlantic City because the flight was cheaper and they wanted to fly out of a smaller airport? If they don't use the Magical Express and provide their flight information then there's no way to know.
There would be a number of DVC owners from NJ/NY that would not be happy.

JohnD

Ron DeSantis just announced the whole of Florida is now at phase 1 with the addition of South Florida.

In an interview this morning "on another network" (as they say), one of the hosts said that hopefully WDW and Universal can open soon. DeSantis just smiled. So you already know he's getting pressure, is in discussion with the parks, etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Absolutely true, but I know some people who would be hesitant to travel like that, with the risk of being caught. As of right now the only checkpoints I have heard about are the ones at the Florida Keys. But would you self quarantine for 14 days prior to your vacation ( or the length of your stay) to be able to spend a week at Disney? Where can you quarantine? Are you allowed to do that at the resort you are staying at? All of these are questions that have come up in discussion. My understanding is that once this goes into phase 2 this restriction will be lifted completely. Thoughts? Marie
My feeling is there is no way Disney wants to open the parks while some areas are still blocked from coming into the state. Too easy to slip through the cracks and there’s no way to effectively stop everyone. Half of NJ flies out of the Philly airport. I am from PA but use the same airport. If a person from NJ is enough of a risk to block them they from entering shouldn’t their whole flight be blocked too. Then what about people with multiple homes. They live in Manhattan but have a house in RI so they keep their license in RI for cheaper insurance. They get in. It’s too hard to effectively regulate.

Chip Chipperson

T
There would be a number of DVC owners from NJ/NY that would not be happy.

I'd be in that group, although we're not planning to go back now until next year so I wouldn't be too upset as long as our Annual Passes are extended for however long the parks are closed/limited. If it's not safe here, I don't want to go anywhere else and risk bringing the virus with me as either an asymptomatic carrier or catching it at the airport or on the plane from someone not going to Disney World.

The Nation

Would not be surprised if we see some local residents only allowed for a partial test run in late June, with a July 4th target to reopen in the same way Shanghai has done.

July 4th is the target date.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In the most dramatic sign to date that even the deepest pockets on Broadway will struggle to recover from the extended COVID-19 shutdown that began March 12, Disney Theatrical Productions confirmed today that its opulent stage adaptation of Frozen will not be returning to New York's St. James Theatre when the sector reopens."

natatomic

This is not specifically Disney related, though I’d imagine Disney would want to implement this policy. For any employer who requires temperature checks, are you punished for having a temperature and marked as absent or whatever? Like, it’s not your fault that you’re sick, and maybe you even feel totally fine and able to work, hence the reason you go to work unaware you gave a fever. Do you still have to take a mark against you on your employer’s attendance matrix? Would it vary by employer?
I don’t know, it just seems like calling out all together is one thing. But actually showing up and being sent home against your choice is different, especially if you feel fine.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
"In the most dramatic sign to date that even the deepest pockets on Broadway will struggle to recover from the extended COVID-19 shutdown that began March 12, Disney Theatrical Productions confirmed today that its opulent stage adaptation of Frozen will not be returning to New York's St. James Theatre when the sector reopens."

Yes. Also, as you probably know, the first Broadway musical to officially close. The rest have been plays.

Would not be surprised if we see some local residents only allowed for a partial test run in late June, with a July 4th target to reopen in the same way Shanghai has done.

July 4th is the target date.

Who says its the target date. Wasn't it supposed to be May something or June something?

Patcheslee

That doesn't keep someone from renting a vehicle and requesting a FL plated one. There are people that will try to work around anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom