Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoblu

I’m just hoping they open this year.

I was supposed to have my Disney wedding this week, May 15.

We cancelled and moved it to the first week of August. Now we are scrambling trying to push it AGAIN to later date this year.

While I believe Disney will be somewhat open in August, I don’t think they’ll be offering things like parades and fireworks yet. The ending to our wedding was supposed to be an EPCOT dessert party, and with no fireworks and EPCOT potentially being the last thing to open...it’s looking like we will have to move our wedding to another date yet again. We also don’t want our guests who are all coming to Disney for the first time to be nervous and/or see a less-than-stellar version of Disney.

It’s been heartbreaking and most of the Disney wedding team is furloughed and unable to assist us.

Disstevefan1

I doubt they’ll require masks by opening, domestically. Some CDC guidance will come out by then declaring it only necessary for those “at risk.”

In my opinion, I think requiring masks or not in WDW will depend when they decide to open. The sooner they open, the more likely they will require masks.

If WDW remains closed until all local and state governments allow folks to be in public gatherings without masks, then sure, no masks at WDW.

If they open any time while there are still masks in public mandates, masks will be required in WDW.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If they open by August but they want us to wear masks I can give you a sweet deal on 10 DVC nights split between BC and Poly. ;)

I asked DW how she wears a mask all day at work. She said she got used to it after a while, but at the beginning she felt like she needed to take it off every so often to catch her breath.

currently, I am good at about 10 minutes. Lol.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

We cancelled and moved it to the first week of August. Now we are scrambling trying to push it AGAIN to later date this year.

While I believe Disney will be somewhat open in August, I don’t think they’ll be offering things like parades and fireworks yet. The ending to our wedding was supposed to be an EPCOT dessert party, and with no fireworks and EPCOT potentially being the last thing to open...it’s looking like we will have to move our wedding to another date yet again. We also don’t want our guests who are all coming to Disney for the first time to be nervous and/or see a less-than-stellar version of Disney.

It’s been heartbreaking and most of the Disney wedding team is furloughed and unable to assist us.
That’s really disappointing. I can’t imagine how stressful that must be. My wife and I got engaged at WDW 20 years ago this week. I hope it all works out for you, your plan sounds awesome. Just think about how much fun it will be once you finally get to the big day :)

They say it’s good luck if it rains on your wedding day...having your wedding cancelled twice for a worldwide pandemic must be really, really good luck;)

Patcheslee

I asked DW how she wears a mask all day at work. She said she got used to it after a while, but at the beginning she felt like she needed to take it off every so often to catch her breath.

Does she gets the feeling the mask is still on hours after removing it? I've only had a week of it at work and that's the part driving me crazy right now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I was redoing my bathroom last summer and got a paint sprayer and a good mask to use for the project. 10 mins in I decided to take all of the cabinets apart and bring them out in my driveway to spray without the mask ;) I have a new found appreciation for anyone who wears one for work all day.

Incomudro

How many people would have gone to WDW if it hadn’t closed. I know I would have.

I (we) were still prepared to go on our April 10th trip.
Until WDW closed shortly before.
Had WDW stayed open a couple of weeks longer, we would have quite happily taken the trip.

Piebald

I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding . Our wedding in Italy was scheduled for next week and we dont know if it will happen at this point. We are punting it to next Spring but who knows where life will be then in terms of travel.

I guess the only solace you can have is that Disney is a pretty dang good venue/vendor to deal with. Think of all the people whose weddings are likely not happening and they're probably missing out on a ton of money because these independent venues and vendors just went *poof* ...gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom