Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Great video on how they are going to start things. After seeing that I’m not going until this is all over for sure but that’s me.
I do have a question.. towards the end they were in a quick service, pick up your own meal place. The spots on the floor marked where you shouldn’t stand, then before and after that spot they had bigger areas for your group. If there’s a 4 or 5 person party in one spot and another in the next spot, looks like they will be about a foot or two apart. Am I correct or did I miss something?
When will people learn that this stuff is all just an image to make a company look like it’s trying???

It’s like those one-way aisle floor stickers at Walmart. Literally nobody is following those rules (including employees), and on top of that, what good are they actually doing anyways? Ya feel?

Jrb1979

When will people learn that this stuff is all just an image to make a company look like it’s trying???

It’s like those one-way aisle floor stickers at Walmart. Literally nobody is following those rules (including employees), and on top of that, what good are they actually doing anyways? Ya feel?
Its just theatre and just let people do what they want.🙄 I will just keep doing my physical distancing and let others be the guinea pigs.

SoFloMagic

Me too. I got a big "pfft" from someone last week when I realized that I almost went down an aisle the wrong way and turned around really quick.
I don't get the grocery store thing. I still need to pass people in the aisles if they're staring at soup for several minutes, but now I have to walk down a crowded aisle because I can't walk the "wrong way" down the empty aisle? Seems like making me walk twice the distance doubles my exposure.

ImperfectPixie

I don't get the grocery store thing. I still need to pass people in the aisles if they're staring at soup for several minutes, but now I have to walk down a crowded aisle because I can't walk the "wrong way" down the empty aisle? Seems like making me walk twice the distance doubles my exposure.
It definitely takes more patience than a usual grocery store run, but I find I don't need to be closer than 6' to someone more than once or twice a food-shopping trip, and that's where the masks come in.

wannabeBelle

Same for me but it was the milk section. Whats up with that? This guy was just standing there staring at the shelves which were fully stocked with several different types of milk in varying sizes. I was waiting a distance away from him, as was another gentleman. After a few minutes, I went behind him, grabbed what I needed and was on my way. I seem to be seeing this more and more. Marie

Last edited:

AmishGuy91

Same for me but it was the milk section. Whats up with that? This guy was just standing there staring at the shelves which were fully stocked with several different types of milk in varying sizes. I was waiting a distance away from him, as was almost gentleman. After a few minutes, I went behind him, grabbed what I needed and was on my way. I seem to be seeing this more and more. Marie

what I am seeing more of at the grocery store is larger parties. In very few instances should more than 1 person in a family be going to a store. Walked in behind a family of six tonight.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1589086046768.png

Baloo62

Great video on how they are going to start things. After seeing that I’m not going until this is all over for sure but that’s me.
I do have a question.. towards the end they were in a quick service, pick up your own meal place. The spots on the floor marked where you shouldn’t stand, then before and after that spot they had bigger areas for your group. If there’s a 4 or 5 person party in one spot and another in the next spot, looks like they will be about a foot or two apart. Am I correct or did I miss something?

I thought the same thing. But there is something else that is more disturbing to me. Does any guest in the video appear to be having fun? Is there a single area of the park that appears festive or magical? To me it looks like a funeral home with some rides. I wouldn't endure that for free. This makes me even more thankful that our week's vacation at WDW ended three days before they closed. It's crazy to think we were some of the last people on earth to enjoy it under the old "normal". I just can't bare to see it under these new regulations. It would literally break my heart.

Last edited:

brianstl

Your chances of getting the virus passing within a foot someone infected with the virus at the store are infinitesimal because of the virus load needed. Now if you’re standing in line indoors within a few feet of that same person for ten minutes, your chances of getting the virus goes up substantially.

HongKongFooy

This guy was just standing there staring at the shelves which were fully stocked with several different types of milk in varying sizes. I was waiting a distance away from him, as was almost gentleman. After a few minutes, I went behind him, grabbed what I needed

You waited a few minutes for that?
A few minutes, really?

No way, no how, never in a lifetime would I wait more than 2O seconds for something like that.

Polynesia

Fantastic article in the Tampa Bay Times this morning that explores the "Why not Florida?" question:

When Disney announced they were closing this was a big wake up call. We stayed home before orders were issued as apparently many others did, too. That’s why Disney has to get this right. People look to them as an indication of what’s safe, right or wrong. Good article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom