Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Another good day for Florida yesterday.

So if 20,000 people are getting tests and a few hundred are positive does this mean they are just randomly testing people at this point? Are they encouraging people to go in for tests even without any symptoms or exposure? It would seem that would have to be the case.

Polynesia

So if 20,000 people are getting tests and a few hundred are positive does this mean they are just randomly testing people at this point? Are they encouraging people to go in for tests even without any symptoms or exposure? It would seem that would have to be the case.
They’re testing anyone who wants a test now at many of the locations. Orange County said yesterday they have many time slots still open. It appears not as many perhaps are being tested. Yes, they are encouraging people to be tested.

ImperfectPixie

They’re testing anyone who wants a test now at many of the locations. Orange County said yesterday they have many time slots still open. It appears not as many perhaps are being tested. Yes, they are encouraging people to be tested.
Is it free to be tested? Are the tests only for if you actually have the virus, or is it antibody testing, too?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll believe that when I see it also. Long time DVC owner here but not in Florida. Have family down there that also is DVC and they haven’t heard anything. Don’t think they would do that for a few dvc’rs. Just imagine the amount of cast they would need for a limited amount of people. Don’t think it’s happening.
A “test” would be done with cast...

I can’t see a scenario under the health concerns where non-employees would be there as a “soft” opening...it would have to be rsvp at a minimum. The last thing they would want is any fluctuation in expected crowd. They’d likely have to stagger entry times also

Polynesia

Is it free to be tested? Are the tests only for if you actually have the virus, or is it antibody testing, too?
The test is free. They just started the antibody tests, too. This morning was for first responders and health care workers. I believe it’s going to be for anybody who wants one at certain locations and times. Antibody testing appears to be just getting started.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The tally rose to 40,001 Saturday with 1,715 deaths. This is an increase of 802 cases and 46 deaths since Friday. I don't think we can describe that as a good day for Florida.
It’s just not coming down quickly...anywhere...

Even in the hotspots which have peaked...the rate of decline has been very slow.

Just like Fauci has said since day 1 when he speaks freely.

Polynesia

The tally rose to 40,001 Saturday with 1,715 deaths. This is an increase of 802 cases and 46 deaths since Friday. I don't think we can describe that as a good day for Florida.
Numbers are coming down slowly. I choose to see something positive in that. If others want to constantly see doom and gloom that’s their choice. Some like to moan and groan. To each their own. 🙂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Numbers are coming down slowly. I choose to see something positive in that. If others want to constantly see doom and gloom that’s their choice. Some like to moan and groan. To each their own. 🙂
There’s no emotion in facts.

Numbers are numbers...semantics have no bearing.

I will say that the focus now should be on a measured response plan. I think too much time has already been wasted on that front.

Epcotfan21

I was referring to the facts pointed out in the tweet, but ok.

Prince-1

It‘s good to be positive but the numbers aren’t painting a great picture as the expected death rate will increase exponentially due to states opening to soon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I usually like to moan and groan with the best of them ;), but Florida’s numbers are actually looking a whole lot better than where I live in PA. I’m pretty sure I’m not going back to my office in NJ until September at the earliest at this point :(

Polynesia

I usually like to moan and groan with the best of them ;), but Florida’s numbers are actually looking a whole lot better than where I live in PA. I’m pretty sure I’m not going back to my office in NJ until September at the earliest at this point :(
I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t want the states to open too early so numbers can keep moving in the right direction. As others have stated on here the purpose was to not overwhelm the hospitals, not to eradicate the virus completely. This is a hard situation. Eventually we have to cautiously open up the best we can. Other countries are also trying. Some are doing better than others. I pray we’re doing it the right way.

DisneyDebRob

I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t want the states to open too early so numbers can keep moving in the right direction. As others have stated on here the purpose was to not overwhelm the hospitals, not to eradicate the virus completely. This is a hard situation. Eventually we have to cautiously open up the best we can. Other countries are also trying. Some are doing better than others. I pray we’re doing it the right way.
The correct way to open was by the CDC guidelines and our own government guidelines. Unfortunately most states are not listening to that and we can only hope things turn out ok.
I also like to look at things positively but I’m also not blind to the inconsistencies with what’s being said and what’s being done. Guidelines are there for a reason, because the people in the know, not us on the boards, think this is what’s best for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom