Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem most of us have with people staying home. I don't want to pay for your to stay home and not work because you are scared to go to work. If you can work then work. If you legitimately lost your job and need help til you find a new one then okay. But in no way should everyone sit home because they are fearful to go out.

There are many that are home that CANNOT get unemployment and are suffering. Let them go back to work with the right precautions and be able to support themselves and their families. The money is going to run out and then what??

Unless your an employer, you're not paying anyone. Unemployment doesn't come from your personal taxes.

DisneyDebRob

They’re still there and still required by code.
Is there a certain amount of fountains in each park that are required? I’ve always wondered what the number was if there is one.I know there are less then I remember when going in the 70’s and 80’s but wasn’t sure if they had more then was required back then and just cut back.

MickeyLuv'r

They’re still there and still required by code.

I was forgetting Epcot, and I should think you are correct.

I'm sure a number of old ones were removed from MK; perhaps they were replaced with new ones that are in less visible locations? I used to know many in MK in particular, but now I only know of a few in that park.

In the before times, I tried to keep an eye out for water opportunities.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
That's for sure. Start with the China park opening first, however since TWDC park is about a 50/50 partnership with a country that hasn't been so positive lately, will the Truth be known and told??

I’m sure Disney has a separate team of people working on that issue. For sure.

JohnD

What, if anything, did they offer in the way of incentives to re-book for a later date?
“Your upcoming travel dates are impacted by these closures. You have the option to modify or cancel your Disney Resorthotel reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to your original check-in date. If no action is taken, we will process any refund due to your original form of payment if a payment had been made.”

lazyboy97o

Is there a certain amount of fountains in each park that are required? I’ve always wondered what the number was if there is one.I know there are less then I remember when going in the 70’s and 80’s but wasn’t sure if they had more then was required back then and just cut back.
Yes, Table 403.1 of the EPCOT Plumbing Code and the Florida Building Code - Plumbing. At the low end for the parks it is 1 per 500 people but in the parks it gets to about 1 per 2,500 but its based on the nearby buildings. High and Low fixtures are also required by accessibility codes, so you really get a minimum of two.

Kevin_W

Anecdotal: It’s official in my case. I just received an email that my trip for the week of 5/25 to WDW has been cancelled. Second time I’ve had to cancel (first time was last week in March)

Interesting. We are/were scheduled to be there 5/23 - 5/20. They cancelled 5/23 a week or so ago, but haven't canceled anything else yet.

DisneyDebRob

Yes, Table 403.1 of the EPCOT Plumbing Code and the Florida Building Code - Plumbing. At the low end for the parks it is 1 per 500 people but in the parks it gets to about 1 per 2,500 but its based on the nearby buildings. High and Low fixtures are also required by accessibility codes, so you really get a minimum of two.
Thank you! Never knew that.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes, the number who've tested positive is muddled because of availability of testing and who gets tested.

What can't be as muddled is the number of deaths. Habeus corpus.

Even with the large decline of deaths in the NY and NJ area, the number of daily deaths in the U.S. is still at a plateau. Which means there are now portions of the country outside NY/NJ whose death counts are going up.

View attachment 468911

Everyone should be checking their state's daily death rates for a better picture of what's happening locally.

anyone know the current infection and death rates for those that are essential workers at grocery stores, etc.?

brianstl

50 MTA transit workers have died in New York City.

Drivers of mass transit busses and trains have had the highest mortality rate from COVID 19 of any frontline workers. The rate has even been higher than medical workers. It is understandable when you consider the work in an enclosed space with poor ventilation with the real possibility of being close to someone infected for an extended period of time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As per the governor's address this morning, 66% of new cases in NY came from people who were staying at home. Dont know what kind of wrinkle this puts on any of the stay at home orders or the levels to reopening. Marie
It’s a good question. This is totally anecdotal, but my co-worker‘s father got sick a few weeks ago. He had been sheltered at home for weeks before that only going out once a week for groceries, but his adult son lives with him and works at FedEx so was still working. The son was never sick or tested until after his dad got sick (he tested negative) but we suspect he was likely infected at work but was asymptomatic. I guess an anti-body test may confirm for sure. I don’t know if they would consider him part of the 66% or not but I assume yes.

ImperfectPixie

anyone know the current infection and death rates for those that are essential workers at grocery stores, etc.?
I haven't seen data compiled anywhere as of yet, but a Walmart in Massachusetts had to close because 81 of it's workers tested positive, and another Walmart in Quincy, MA closed as well after 11 tested positive and one died - and they require masks to enter, have directional arrows and tape for line spacing, etc.

ImperfectPixie

As per the governor's address this morning, 66% of new cases in NY came from people who were staying at home. Dont know what kind of wrinkle this puts on any of the stay at home orders or the levels to reopening. Marie
66% of new cases for today? Or for a particular date range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom