Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't recall any discussion about getting the virus from water fountains. It's all about social distancting. I mean if we're driven by that kind of fear, water fountains would have been ripped out long ago because of cold, flu, stomach virus, etc., etc., etc.
They didn’t talk about water fountains specifically but the OC local guidelines for hotels re-opening mentioned removal of items like coffee makers, cups, dishes, etc from rooms. The concept is the same but multiplied by however many people used the fountain. Removing things with a common touch point. They also mentioned removing things like hotel buffets and shared food items. I would assume that extends to the drink refill stations at the resorts. Same concept. Multiple people touching the same buttons and then drinking. I think with non-food items like elevator buttons they will just sanitize more frequently and ask people to wash their hands after use.

TrainsOfDisney

This is the problem most of us have with people staying home. I don't want to pay for your to stay home and not work because you are scared to go to work. If you can work then work. If you legitimately lost your job and need help til you find a new one then okay. But in no way should everyone sit home because they are fearful to go out.

There are many that are home that CANNOT get unemployment and are suffering. Let them go back to work with the right precautions and be able to support themselves and their families. The money is going to run out and then what??

Well... I’m not scared to go to work. My job currently doesn’t exist. I’m basically in the same boat the Disney world employees are in.

I didn’t create the unemployment system, I’m just following what I’m being told to do.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What people are forgetting to take in account is the increased testing in other states. I know in my state they were only testing the sickest of the sickest...now as they have dramatically ramped up testing they are for the most part testing anyone who wants one....it is said you need symptoms but it can as minor as you can get....including just saying your feeling feverish even if you don't have a fever or just having a cough in allergy season. Our new cases were declining but with the ramped up testing increased again. Because of that they are now looking at a 14 day percent decrease of positive cases instead of the amount of new cases. Which feels like we are seeing now. It's tough to check other states as deeply as I can check my own, but I have heard some similar increased testing stories as well. Our hospitilizations have been steadily decreasing quite a bit as well. I am guessing the actual infection rates has lowered.

Yes, the number who've tested positive is muddled because of availability of testing and who gets tested.

What can't be as muddled is the number of deaths. Habeus corpus.

Even with the large decline of deaths in the NY and NJ area, the number of daily deaths in the U.S. is still at a plateau. Which means there are now portions of the country outside NY/NJ whose death counts are going up.

1588799109303.png

Everyone should be checking their state's daily death rates for a better picture of what's happening locally.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The three Disneyland resort hotels are no longer accepting reservations before July as the closure of Disney’s Anaheim theme parks stretches toward two months amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

New reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel are currently available for travel dates on July 1 and later, according to Disneyland officials.

Dining reservations and bookable merchandise experiences at the Disneyland resort are also unavailable until the Anaheim parks set a reopening date."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"The three Disneyland resort hotels are no longer accepting reservations before July as the closure of Disney’s Anaheim theme parks stretches toward two months amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

New reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel are currently available for travel dates on July 1 and later, according to Disneyland officials.

Dining reservations and bookable merchandise experiences at the Disneyland resort are also unavailable until the Anaheim parks set a reopening date."

Interesting that they haven’t changed WDW...at least not yet. CA seemed to be trending towards a longer road to re-open than FL but both resorts were previously taking June 1 and forward reservations. Is this a sign that WDW may open in June or will the other shoe drop sooner than later and they push FL back too?

MickeyLuv'r

I don't recall any discussion about getting the virus from water fountains. It's all about social distancting. I mean if we're driven by that kind of fear, water fountains would have been ripped out long ago because of cold, flu, stomach virus, etc., etc., etc.
Henh?

I didn't say anything about getting virus from water fountains. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Another poster (multiple posters?) mentioned water fountains being closed. I only said, if that is the case, then here's a possible solution. Either way, WDW doesn't have very many; WDW water fountains disappeared some time ago. Many of the old ones were old.

Either way, I don't see any food service establishment putting out a tray of self-serve water cups that just sit out, and people handle them as they please.

Calmdownnow

I received a message from Mom saying something I posted on this forum breached guidelines. There was no information in the message that indicated what I had said that breached guidelines. The only post I can find that appears missing from my history is a factual post relating to the 1918 Flu pandemic. I understand that a lot of other factual posts on the same subject may have been deleted. The Mods can choose what to keep in the forum and what to delete, but it would help moderate contributions if they were more specific about what they don't think we should be talking about and if they had a private messaging option where we could ask this question rather than having to pose it in the broader forum. This is a thread of more than 1,000 pages -- if moderators have posted guidance earlier in the thread but. I and others have missed this, then perhaps Mods need to post a "sticky" on each page that re-iterates the guidance so that people don't unwittingly cross the line.

That having been said, I have great admiration for the mods who have allowed this thread to prosper -- I just wish I had insight into why they believe I may have crossed a line in a post.

Lilofan

Interesting that they haven’t changed WDW...at least not yet. CA seemed to be trending towards a longer road to re-open than FL but both resorts were previously taking June 1 and forward reservations. Is this a sign that WDW may open in June or will the other shoe drop sooner than later and they push FL back too?
I think for WDW to come out first and announce to the world the longer road to re-open would be bigger impactful news than DLR, so I think DLR announcing first, then slowly followed by WDW. One of my concerns that I had mentioned before is that Central Florida is beginning their long hot summer. If the AC is preset at higher than normal operating temps, that's a invitation to a lot of mold and mildew.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Posted this many pages back. It comes into play even more now if you think about it. With land taking reservations from July 1 onward, does this mean World will be later? With 85% of visitors to world being out of state or the country, Makes me think later? The wait and see continues.

ToTBellHop

Obviously, therapeutics are quite impactful on reopening.

This obviously needs more study, but the most-serious COVID-19 patients require ventilators. If blood thinners can truly cut the fatality rate of this group in half, this is significant. It is unlikely that there will be one “miracle drug”, but a combination of therapeutics could be what saves the day, month, and year until we have a vaccine.

ToTBellHop

Posted this many pages back. It comes into play even more now if you think about it. With land taking reservations from July 1 onward, does this mean World will be later? With 85% of visitors to world being out of state or the country, Makes me think later? The wait and see continues.
WDW will open well before DL. I would not seriously plan a visit to DL until Fall, at the earliest.

MickeyLuv'r

Incidentally....long ago...in the before times....people used to open threads to complain about bad parenting at WDW. Remember those days?

WARNING: the rest of this post might be too gross for some posters!!!!

One charming thread topic was about how too many parents changed diapers outside of restrooms.

I've never seen this myself, but multiple posters referred to WDW's water fountains as, "baby bidets."

Still, after I read that, it is a mental image I can't un-paint. Shudder!

Tom P.

Anecdotal: It’s official in my case. I just received an email that my trip for the week of 5/25 to WDW has been cancelled. Second time I’ve had to cancel (first time was last week in March)
What, if anything, did they offer in the way of incentives to re-book for a later date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom