Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

4) I’m not 100% sure what that means. For a ride with a small ride vehicle you could limit it to just family groups together but how do rides with lager ride vehicles like the safari, Star Tours,ToT and pirates for example work if the capacity is limited to family groups only. That would make for a very limited hourly capacity. They will probably just stagger seating like point #2. Disney probably has more of this than most places.
For larger ride vehicles, it has been suggested loading every other row and yes, this will reduce capacity.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Huh? It still is the same amount of gas, because they plan to ensure children from the same family all go at the same time and everyone is only going half a day,

You're doubling the drop offs and pick ups potentially. Buses + drivers aren't going to magically double (which is another set of expenses).

If Students A go to school in the morning, you have to pick them up, drop them off at school, pick them up at school, and drop them off at home (or designated stop). Then you have to do the same thing for the B level schools.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For larger ride vehicles, it has been suggested loading every other row and yes, this will reduce capacity.
I agree with that completely. If that’s the case then it’s not just members of the same family together. There will be multiple people mixed in and they will just be safely distanced.

cmwade77

Anyone still anticipating June 1st? Lol
Considering that they just reopened one of the parking lots at Disney Springs and have been receiving deliveries, I expect something will be open at WDW sooner than June 1. My guess is restaurants at Disney Springs in some capacity.

I think it will then be a wait and see for a couple of weeks and go from there.

cmwade77

You're doubling the drop offs and pick ups potentially. Buses + drivers aren't going to magically double (which is another set of expenses).

If Students A go to school in the morning, you have to pick them up, drop them off at school, pick them up at school, and drop them off at home (or designated stop). Then you have to do the same thing for the B level schools.
Ah, schools in our area don't have buses, this is up to the parents to do, so again, as long as the same family are going at the same time, it won't matter. So that might explain why I didn't understand your comment.

lilypgirl

All of this. Couldn't agree more.

You're right. Those kids need help. School isn't meant to be that purpose though in regards to a way to escape their home with the crackhead mother and wondering if electricity is going to be gone the next day. We need to find another avenue and a way that is more focused in on those kids rather than making schools and those teachers the ones who are supposed to 'rescue' the kid.
In a perfect world but I have been doing this since I was right out of college back in 1998 and nothing has changed.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Ah, schools in our area don't have buses, this is up to the parents to do, so again, as long as the same family are going at the same time, it won't matter. So that might explain why I didn't understand your comment.

I didn't know such a district existed.

If kids are going only half the day, what happens if the parents are at work? Or is your district primarily a one-income household?

ImperfectPixie

In a perfect world but I have been doing this since I was right out of college back in 1998 and nothing has changed.
Wouldn't CPS be involved in the worst cases though? Serious question.
There's not a way for it to be perfect. Employers have an opportunity at this time to truly embrace this or look like fools who cater to the bottom line instead of taking care of their employees. I will be surprised if I'm back in an office sometime in the next year on a regular basis. Going remote is going to have to become a necessity for companies now with so much uncertainty as it pertains to families who have kids at home.
I'll give you two guesses which category my husband's company falls under. :rolleyes:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Wouldn't CPS be involved in the worst cases though? Serious question.

I'll give you two guesses which category my husband's company falls under. :rolleyes:

Which is disappointing because these companies clearly show now more than ever how little they value their employees by forcing them into an office, to sit in a cubicle, just so they can ensure they're meeting the prescribed productivity rates. It's short-sighted.

Disney Analyst

Disney theme parks face a potential $21 billion revenue loss through 2022 due to the ongoing coronavirus closures of its resorts around the globe along with the economic recession projected to follow, analysts warn in a new research paper.

An analyst report from research firm MoffettNathanson paints a grim picture of the financial impact of shuttering Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Florida and around the world amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We believe that investors are underestimating the lagging recovery nature of Disney’s theme parks,” according to the MoffetNathanson report.

ImperfectPixie

Which is disappointing because these companies clearly show now more than ever how little they value their employees by forcing them into an office, to sit in a cubicle, just so they can ensure they're meeting the prescribed productivity rates. It's short-sighted.
Oh, it's not even a cubicle. It's businesses and people's homes. He installs floors for a living. The office manager sent out an e-mail a few days ago saying that ALL clients had been notified that they'd be required to social distance and wear masks while the workers are in their homes/places of business.

Guess what...FAILURE on day 1 back to work (today).

So these guys are coming into contact with homeowners, businesses employees, tenants in section 8 apartments (that makes up a large portion of their business), long-term care facilities workers, etc. etc.. It's BAD.

The Mom

Premium Member
There appears to be a thread on the political channel that debates this issue. Which is why I would assume "Mom" would direct traffic there.

There is a thread where you can discuss school closings, remote school, etc to your heart's content - even throw in some political stuff. ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Considering that they just reopened one of the parking lots at Disney Springs and have been receiving deliveries, I expect something will be open at WDW sooner than June 1. My guess is restaurants at Disney Springs in some capacity.

I think it will then be a wait and see for a couple of weeks and go from there.
Disney Springs will be open before June 1. The parks...who knows. The WDW Sr VP on the local task force did say “We do not have any opening date yet. As some of you may know, at this point we’re taking bookings that were in June but that does not mean that we’re opening in June. At this time, I want to make it clear that we don’t have any plans to share [on reopening] for Walt Disney World or any of our other parks. Clearly, regulatory guidance is an important element of this in each area and country where we work, and at this point I want to be clear that we don’t have any plans to share about Walt Disney World yet.”

If Shanghai is any indication about how long it could be between the shopping area opening and the actual parks they are coming up on 2 months apart now. Will it be that long here? Anyone can guess but nobody really knows.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Oh, it's not even a cubicle. It's businesses and people's homes. He installs floors for a living. The office manager sent out an e-mail a few days ago saying that ALL clients had been notified that they'd be required to social distance and wear masks while the workers are in their homes/places of business.

Guess what...FAILURE on day 1 back to work (today).

So these guys are coming into contact with homeowners, businesses employees, tenants in section 8 apartments (that makes up a large portion of their business), long-term care facilities workers, etc. etc.. It's BAD.

Yikes. I'm not certain why the office manager would even send that email when it's an impossible standard to guarantee or promise if you're not going to empower your employees to walk away from the job once those standards aren't met.

I'm not even sure what the solution would be here.

Disney Analyst

Not really. Closer to $50 million.

Okay. So really still pennies when you think about the losses they face. I guess my question is... that loss is based on expected income/ profit? But once they can start running again, they will be making money? It’s not like their properties are being paid off still. I’m sure they have debts of course, but it does seem like spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom