Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

It’s already in place...it’s called the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance or PUA. It specifically addressed instances like the one you are describing.
PUA is specifically for people that do not qualify for normal UI, have been denied, or have exhausted the states normal UI benefits. But if I refuse to return to work because of the lack of childcare that does not secure my job.

caseybrn

What are likely going to be the official/WDW reactions when a person has bought several days on property and several day passes + the travel fees, etc. (+) - and fails some "test" at the first gate....will they be just sent home and say tuff luck?

TrojanUSC

Where did you hear that, the app says they’re closed indefinitely along with Disney world and they just updated it the other day to say that

Will reopen restaurants only (no stores) with strict social distancing measures in effect (25% capacity inside, outdoor seating with tables 6' apart, etc).

DS is in a trickier situation because they are, essentially a mall, and would be preventing a lot of third party restaurants from operating when they should be allowed.

The parks are a different animal all together.

TrojanUSC

I can't wait for all of the people who were bashing those for going to their local beaches and socially distant exercise to go to Disney Springs for some to go food and stroll. I know not everyone will, but there is going to be some hypocrites for sure.

If people want to go to their beach to exercise that's fine. People got upset, rightfully so, when people did not socially distance it became a crowded mess.

celluloid

If people want to go to their beach to exercise that's fine. People got upset, rightfully so, when people did not socially distance it became a crowded mess.

I saw a lot of people post "If you go to the beach at all" unfriend me on certain social media sites. Obviously there are extremists on both sides. But socially Distancing at eateries at Disney Springs where you have to park in a garage and possibly take elevators or use handrails of stairs, order food inside buildings is on a different level than most beach areas at this time.

DVCakaCarlF

PUA is specifically for people that do not qualify for normal UI, have been denied, or have exhausted the states normal UI benefits. But if I refuse to return to work because of the lack of childcare that does not secure my job.
No, but it does provide some form of compensation.

No ones job is ever secure, IMO.

celluloid

I would think your smaller attractions like Wonderworks and Ripleys Believe it or Not or Fun Spot attractions would be able to open in a few weeks after then with adjustments. Not sure how much money they will make without the anchor big parks open drawing tourists in.

coasterphil

According to another site deliveries have started at Disney Springs.
https:///2020/05/disney-springs-reopening-ec1/
That delivery sign has been up since Springs closed, and the employee lot has been similarly full every day of CM and vendors’ vehicles. They may well be getting ready to open, but the evidence presented there is worthless.

Last edited:
I needed a decontamination break. LOL. What did I miss?
We apparently are still unable to come to a consensus on the whole mask issue. Although it has shifted from the debate about masks efficacy to the discussion about if we are capable of wearing masks en masse. I for one cant wait to hear what our arm chair Law & Order lawyers think about the legality of forcing people to wear masks......

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't wait for all of the people who were bashing those for going to their local beaches and socially distant exercise to go to Disney Springs for some to go food and stroll. I know not everyone will, but there is going to be some hypocrites for sure.
Disney Springs is going to get more focus than an average shopping mall. When open there will be coverage and it‘s not much of a clickbait story to say it’s all going smooth with no issues. The stories are already written they just need some photos from the right angle to go with the headline. And I’m not one of the people pushing for everything to open immediately either. I‘m just being realistic.

Just deleted over 59 posts of political/racist whatever you want to call it arguing.
I have provided the political board for political debate, please use it. I understand this topic is difficult, put please follow the rules.
I for one would pay real cash for access to a database containing all those deleted posts......

Jrb1979

I don’t know why you are so hung up on that. I’m not saying WDW will reopen June 1. But cast members will not be called back more than 2 weeks in advance. Most cast won’t even be called back more than a week in advance.
Some one on another site posted that no CM's are scheduled the week of May 23rd.

wannabeBelle

Some one on another site posted that no CM's are scheduled the week of May 23rd.
This cant be right as there are CM's working already. Essential workers have been in the parks during this whole time. Im sure I am missing a few but security, Animal care workers, and some limited engineering types are some of the roles that have been working. Marie

celluloid

Disney Springs is going to get more focus than an average shopping mall. When open there will be coverage and it‘s not much of a clickbait story to say it’s all going smooth with no issues. The stories are already written they just need some photos from the right angle to go with the headline. And I’m not one of the people pushing for everything to open immediately either. I‘m just being realistic.

You will find me in an outdoor situation like the beach far before Disney Springs, and I am not paranoid about it. I just think it is interesting on my personal social media circles were trashing locals who live near the beach, going for physical and mental health, practicing common sense easily, and spreading hate about it, are some of the same excited to go get some Polite Pig, Sprinkles or silly Alcoholic beverages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom