Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

I would assume that people with strollers will the last to return to the parks...I have family that refuse to vaccinate their children for autism risk...they’re not going to Disney anytime soon.
I would assume that people with strollers will the last to return to the parks...I have family that refuse to vaccinate their children for autism risk...they’re not going to Disney anytime soon.
For the protection of others also, they should not be going.
I keep reading about families that can’t wait to take their kids as soon as it opens so unless strollers are banned in the beginning which I don’t see ever happening, it could be a problem.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree that people with young children that tend to put their hands in their mouth constantly will be less likely to return.

On the vaccine front one fear that I have is people refusing to vaccinate will cause the virus to linger longer than it needs to. With H1N1 they only used about 90M doses of vaccine. That’s going to cover less than 30% of the population and like any vaccine a certain percentage will not be effective. That’s not enough for herd immunity. With H1N1 a lot of people had natural immunity (estimates up to 30%) due to previous exposure. It was mostly young people at risk. This one only the currently infected will have natural immunity. We probably need closer to half the population to be vaccinated to snuff this out.

lilypgirl

What do you mean? I was under the impression people who don't vaccinate still go out like those of us who do. Why wouldn't they go to Disney?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Strollers will not be banned...maybe further restricted.
I do think stroller parking could be a problem. They will want to avoid anywhere that people would have to gather in a group and that’s what those places usually are. A mob of strollers. I assume they will mark off rows of boxes with 6 feet in between boxes and rows. As long as attendance is way down shouldn’t be a problem but if crowds ramp up I could see it getting crazy.

DisneyDebRob

Mandatory mask order had to be rescinded in Stillwater OK after residents became angry and made threats. I could see this happening in other places.

Amazing how grown adults will act isn’t it? I’m upset with this so I will threaten you. Grow up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In all honesty, I always thought they’d be the first to return as they are the least likely to get significant illness from this as that is the young family demographic.
Least likely to be hospitalized or die, but it’s going to be really hard to get young kids to wear a mask or stay 6 feet away or not touch everything and keep their hands out of their mouths. I’ve taken my kids to WDW many times in that age range but I think all these hoops to jump through could make it really difficult.

5thGenTexan

1588518509181.png Utilize the technology that I am sure Disney already possesses and no need for a mask to visit. Plus you can park hop across the world.

Lilofan

Strollers will not be banned...maybe further restricted.
Good questions. I would guess no on cameras and pins for now at least. Do strollers have to be parked 6 feet apart? They are going to need to expand the stroller parking lots.
If cast members are continually moving strollers around with the same gloves, that's some major cross contamination going on.

celluloid

A quick sad note. Went out for some milk and to pick up a sympathy card for a member of a friend’s family. None to be found. Went to 3 stores. There were a few but very very generic ones that people didn’t want. Asked the sales lady and she said they can’t keep them in stock.
I understand that there are people dying that don’t have Covid but never saw this before.

The card shortage situation is not because more people are dying from Covid19 as much as people are sending sympathy cards more than usual because of no Funeral Services to be present for. People are sending cards instead of attending. Also, stock on non essentials like that are lower on priority than before.

Patcheslee

I hadn’t seen that. This study showed that cats and ferrets were susceptible to the virus while dogs, pigs, chickens and ducks were not. It does say the virus replicates poorly in dogs not that it’s impossible for them to be infected. Is a pug really a dog though? Closer in size to a ferret ;););)

It was only tested as part of a Duke study, minor symptoms for a couple days with low virus load. I wondered about any smashed faced animals susceptibility considering they already have some breathing problems. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...s/coronavirus-us-pug-wellness-trnd/index.html

Patcheslee

You may be correct. Anxiety , fear, some may need to bring their proclaimed therapy dog (name) into MK with them. With WDW needing to earn some profits again, what's the pet entrance charge?🐕
I use to have a pet mouse, purely for anxiety, hidden in my coat at school eons ago :hilarious:

JoeCamel

It was only tested as part of a Duke study, minor symptoms for a couple days with low virus load. I wondered about any smashed faced animals susceptibility considering they already have some breathing problems. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...s/coronavirus-us-pug-wellness-trnd/index.html
I saw the tv story on this, they tested the family and all were positive so they tested the dog and it was too? I have to wonder about cross contamination of the samples or if the dog had licked the face of one of the family and the virus was present but the dog was not really sick? They said it recovered and was jumping around the yard but.....

DVCakaCarlF

What do you mean? I was under the impression people who don't vaccinate still go out like those of us who do. Why wouldn't they go to Disney?
Based on my experience both observing and speaking with people who do not vaccinate, they tend to avoid germ prone areas, are aware of the risks, etc.

Besides, air travel will be a non starter for a lot of people...I can see TSA asking if you are current on your immunizations.

Patcheslee

Since capacity limits have been mentioned as a possibility, I came across this site with almost every theme parks stats including capacity. Wonder how accurate it is for Disney parks though.

peter11435

Since capacity limits have been mentioned as a possibility, I came across this site with almost every theme parks stats including capacity. Wonder how accurate it is for Disney parks though.
A quick peek at their information for Magic Kingdom and EPCOT shows their stats are very very wrong. Both their park numbers and individual attractions.

DisneyDebRob

The card shortage situation is not because more people are dying from Covid19 as much as people are sending sympathy cards more than usual because of no Funeral Services to be present for. People are sending cards instead of attending. Also, stock on non essentials like that are lower on priority than before.
Of course that’s why. No funerals, no one seeing each other so send a card. That was my point, never seen anything like that before.

DisneyDebRob

A quick peek at their information for Magic Kingdom and EPCOT shows their stats are very very wrong. Both their park numbers and individual attractions.
There are many places that try to determine numbers for Disney, it’s all a shot in the dark. When you don’t release numbers to the public, people will do their best at trying to guess. I don’t believe any of them. I just know when I’m there, must be a million people in the park, that’s my guess. That’s during the so called slow months. 🙂

wishiwere@wdw

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (walk away for one day and I’m 15 pages behind 😂) but I’m being told that some Disney Springs cast have been called back for May 11th. What I do not clearly know just yet is whether this is specific individuals for deep cleaning and/or training or to actually open. My hunch is that we’d probably have another week or two after May 11th for various locations to begin opening. That being said, this is specific to 3rd party. I have no idea what Disney is or is not doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom