Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilypgirl

I can see in a restaurant if someone may sneeze without their mask on and not cover their mouth in time and the nearby guests also without their masks on go into panic mode... Sign of the current times. Are the number of therapy dogs one sees in the theme parks will have face masks since some animals can contact covid too?
What about the increase in the number of new therapy dogs that will be needed for people having serious covid fears.

Last edited:

DVCakaCarlF

What about the increase in the number of new therapy dogs that will be needed for people having serious covid fears.
I’m not knocking anyone with a legitimate therapy dog or need, but the whole “pushing my dog in a stroller” is beyond acceptable...it’s outrageous.

I’m waiting on therapy bird on my shoulder to start, too.

True therapy animals are well behaved, trained, and, generally, unnoticeable.

Lastly, what about those of us allergic to animals? Aren’t our rights infringed in indoor spaces?

lilypgirl

I’m not knocking anyone with a legitimate therapy dog or need, but the whole “pushing my dog in a stroller” is beyond acceptable...it’s outrageous.

Lastly, what about those of us allergic to animals? Aren’t our rights infringed in indoor spaces?
I absolutely agree with you. My personal opinion is if you need a therapy dog because of anxiety issues due to coivd 19 to get you through a day in a crowded theme park you may want to rethink going but watch it will be a thing.

Polynesia

I’ve had to change my flights because of an animal on board as I’m severely allergic to certain types of dogs. I can handle the hypo allergenic dogs. If I see a dog in a restaurant or store I leave immediately. I do understand the need for service dogs but it would be nice if they had a few flights that didn’t allow animals. At least the airlines have been very accommodating in letting me switch flights.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can see in a restaurant if someone may sneeze without their mask on and not cover their mouth in time and the nearby guests also without their masks on go into panic mode... Sign of the current times. Are the number of therapy dogs one sees in the theme parks will have face masks since some animals can contact covid too?
There‘s going to be a need for people to adapt their behavior. I just question that a lot of people have the will let alone the ability to actually do that.

On the dog front, dogs can’t get Covid. So far anyway. Cats can. Yet another reason to be a dog person ;). I’d bring my dog with me to the parks to keep people 6 feet back but she’s not very intimidating unless you fear a dog aggressively wagging her tail and licking you :)

Patcheslee

There‘s going to be a need for people to adapt their behavior. I just question that a lot of people have the will let alone the ability to actually do that.

On the dog front, dogs can’t get Covid. So far anyway. Cats can. Yet another reason to be a dog person ;). I’d bring my dog with me to the parks to keep people 6 feet back but she’s not very intimidating unless you fear a dog aggressively wagging her tail and licking you :)
A pug was confirmed to have it :(

lilypgirl

I wonder what the animal mortality rate is?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I hadn’t seen that. This study showed that cats and ferrets were susceptible to the virus while dogs, pigs, chickens and ducks were not. It does say the virus replicates poorly in dogs not that it’s impossible for them to be infected. Is a pug really a dog though? Closer in size to a ferret ;););)

Lilofan

You may be correct. Anxiety , fear, some may need to bring their proclaimed therapy dog (name) into MK with them. With WDW needing to earn some profits again, what's the pet entrance charge?🐕

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When things reopen will cast be allowed to touch and move strollers at stroller parking?
Touch cameras? Trade pins?

Break out the wipes!
Good questions. I would guess no on cameras and pins for now at least. Do strollers have to be parked 6 feet apart? They are going to need to expand the stroller parking lots.

DisneyDebRob

A quick sad note. Went out for some milk and to pick up a sympathy card for a member of a friend’s family. None to be found. Went to 3 stores. There were a few but very very generic ones that people didn’t want. Asked the sales lady and she said they can’t keep them in stock.
I understand that there are people dying that don’t have Covid but never saw this before.

Animaniac93-98

Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneyland have been preparing for weeks to get their parks reopen.

If WDW wants to open June 1 they're going to have to start ASAP setting things up and training people, along with any non-essential maintenance work that has been deferred up until now.

Is there any evidence of employees returning to work this week?

DVCakaCarlF

Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneyland have been preparing for weeks to get their parks reopen.

If WDW wants to open June 1 they're going to have to start ASAP setting things up and training people, along with any non-essential maintenance work that has been deferred up until now.

You would think...hence, “soft opening.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member

If most of the mitigating measures talked about end up being part of the plan it’s going to take more than a few weeks to ramp up. They could be acquiring and stockpiling supplies and equipment for hand sanitizing, deep cleaning and temperature scans behind the scenes. They will still have a lot of work to do to mark off the social distancing 6 foot spaces everywhere a line could form. There will also need to be a lot of training.

robhedin

Mandatory mask order had to be rescinded in Stillwater OK after residents became angry and made threats. I could see this happening in other places.

And the entire state of Ohio-- https://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/ohio-governor-face-mask-order/story?id=70472856 - and that was only requiring masks to be worn inside stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom