Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Dole whips, churros, pretzels, turkey legs, bottled drinks, Mickey ice cream, soft serve... this is how Disney makes a profit!
I figure a lot of carts will be consolidated due to typically being needed during gathering venues when the parks are busier and staffed frequently by CPs who are not there at the moment.

Just a heads up. I hope they would Alter Soarin procedures out of all of the attractions. I never liked being under people's kicking shoes and having them right above my head in the healthiest of times.

ImperfectPixie

I think Six Flags is gonna have a harder time enforcing masks than Disney. Have YOU ever tried telling know-it-all teenagers to obey strict rules?
Hey! I take offense because I was a particularly rebellious teenager. 😈

Kidding...I agree completely. They've also got that "invincible" and "know everything" mindset working against them.

TrainsOfDisney

I figure a lot of carts will be consolidated due to typically being needed during gathering venues when the parks are busier and staffed frequently by CPs who are not there at the moment.

See... I would figure the opposite so guests get food and snacks outdoors instead of indoors. Anyone’s guess!

As far as CP’s... Disney has 50,000 something furloughed cm’s? I don’t think there will be any shortage of help.

celluloid

See... I would figure the opposite so guests get food and snacks outdoors instead of indoors. Anyone’s guess!

As far as CP’s... Disney has 50,000 something furloughed cm’s? I don’t think there will be any shortage of help.

That would make sense in terms of replacing or moving locals that are not already open windows to kiosks.
To the other point, I meant
not a shortage of those want hours, but very possible to see slashed hours available for budgeting for awhile.

_caleb

Just came back from Lowe's.......people be takkin dum!

I'm pushing one of those heavy duty lumber carts to the register checkout line and standing on my designated 6' spot (like the 3 year old at ballet lessons standing on her "star"). I'm 3rd in line for the register for building materials(large sized purchases)

I had 10' lumber on the cart and the end of the lumber was very near the customer in front of me who was on his 6' mark. Nuckelhead in front on me started in with "your cart is too close to me and your wood is too close; you ever hear of the 6' feet rule ?!? We're in a pandemic, remember??!!"
Decorum on this site won't allow for me to say how I verbally jumped all over him. Those behind me cheered and simpleton got out of line and presumably went to another register at the far end of store.
So a guy standing in front of you in the checkout line at Lowe’s asked you to to give him some space and you verbally jumped all over him?

And then you went on a Disney World message board to brag about this?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We may not agree on masks, but we do agree on this.
And just for the record I do think if Disney decides to open WDW before FL gets to phase 3 the only safe way to do it is to have people wear masks. There’s just no way to effectively stay 6 feet apart in a theme park at all times. I just don’t see Disney actually requiring it and then enforcing the rule. This is the same company that put chips in our soda cups to avoid confrontation with guests who were literally stealing from them. Thou shall not steal...its in the 10 commandments, towards the end of the list, but still pretty cut and dry that it’s bad behavior;)

DisneyCane

And just for the record I do think if Disney decides to open WDW before FL gets to phase 3 the only safe way to do it is to have people wear masks. There’s just no way to effectively stay 6 feet apart in a theme park at all times. I just don’t see Disney actually requiring it and then enforcing the rule. This is the same company that put chips in our soda cups to avoid confrontation with guests who were literally stealing from them. Thou shall not steal...its in the 10 commandments, towards the end of the list, but still pretty cut and dry that it’s bad behavior;)

Just to nitpick like Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci, we are talking about "face coverings," not "masks." I have no idea what the distinction is. Maybe something to do with a mask protecting the wearer?

ImperfectPixie

Just to nitpick like Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci, we are talking about "face coverings," not "masks." I have no idea what the distinction is. Maybe something to do with a mask protecting the wearer?
Yes. Masks are rated to offer protection from certain things. When it comes to keeping an infected person's germs in, one mask is just as good as any.

Chi84

Premium Member
The kind of homemade non medical masks that people are wearing provide some protection from expelling virus but experts caution that they should be worn in addition to staying 6 feet away from others and practicing good hygiene such as hand washing.

Lil Copter Cap

Like many have said, enforcing mandatory mask wearing is impossible. Despite the specifics of eating & drinking, Orlando weather, and masks not securely attached during rides—you also have a large majority of the population that don’t abide by rules. And Disney is a Guest-first business. Exceptions are made every single day.

You can’t kick people out because, honestly, businesses are afraid of losing guests-for-life. And I get it. Money makes the world go ‘round.

jmp85

DreamalittleDisney

Agree with this if they are social distacing inside they are going to need as many carts spaced out as possible across the parks to feed people and make $$$

Lilofan

Well that's the other issue with masks in general - people must remove them to eat or drink. How long does someone have to enjoy their coke and churro before they're shouted at, either by another guest or a CM, to put the mask on.
I can see in a restaurant if someone may sneeze without their mask on and not cover their mouth in time and the nearby guests also without their masks on go into panic mode... Sign of the current times. Are the number of therapy dogs one sees in the theme parks will have face masks since some animals can contact covid too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom