Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

I agree with you on this. You kind of have to lowball based on paranoia. If I were fighting for unemployment, not sure of my job and when it restarts, I'd be looking for a new one by now. WDW at the rate they have borrowed, millions lost per day and what is it 40+ thousand furloughed; I'd say it's time.
I’ve seen many employees in interviews wanting to get back to work, probably have seen just as many saying that they are a bit worried about their health and need to do this correctly as long as that may take. The unemployment checks that some are receiving or will receive are more then they make in the parks so I’m betting that this plays into it a little on how fast they want to get back. I realize the problem they were having in the beginning of getting them all on unemployment. Any word if most of that has be straightened out anyone?

JoeCamel

Talk about a company hitting the lottery if you were involved with installation. You could name your price and still be under what they would pay.
You would be prosecuted for gouging in Fla. They are used to doing that for hurricanes and the same laws apply.

Seanual757

I’ve seen many employees in interviews wanting to get back to work, probably have seen just as many saying that they are a bit worried about their health and need to do this correctly as long as that may take. The unemployment checks that some are receiving or will receive are more then they make in the parks so I’m betting that this plays into it a little on how fast they want to get back. I realize the problem they were having in the beginning of getting them all on unemployment. Any word if most of that has be straightened out anyone?

As of yesterday they are still being denied and it's taking days to get back on the system. And the governement checks have not arrived for them either.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Masks were just put for pre-order on ShopDisney ;/

"To further help those in need, Disney is donating one million cloth face masks for children and families in underserved and vulnerable communities across the U.S., including California and Florida, that will be distributed by Medshare. Disney will also donate all profits from the sales in the U.S. of Disney’s cloth face masks to Medshare, up to $1 million, now through September 30, 2020."

That's some selection...

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.10.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.09.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.09.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.09.44 AM.png

Last edited:

Seanual757

Such bull. That’s incredible.

Yep friends wife is a CM at the The Emporium she was denied, and has not been able to get back on to the site to re-file she starts at 6am. Now financially they are fine her husband is a pilot but still unacceptable. Now this is not the governors fault the system has sucks as far back as I can remember when I used in in 2008 but it's now his problem and he needs to get it fixed as quickly as he can.

Folks are hurting and need money I am just glad my wife and I are deemed essential so we are working.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yep friends wife is a CM at the The Emporium she was denied, and has not been able to get back on to the site to re-file she starts at 6am. Now financially they are fine her husband is a pilot but still unacceptable. Now this is not the governors fault the system has sucks as far back as I can remember when I used in in 2008 but it's now his problem and he needs to get it fixed as quickly as he can.

Folks are hurting and need money I am just glad my wife and I are deemed essential so we are working.
I was going to say, “well at least the next time, unemployment systems for the states will be prepared to handle something like this.” But I never want to see this kind of unemployment at once ever again. Over 30 million now in 6 weeks across the country.

Polynesia

As of yesterday they are still being denied and it's taking days to get back on the system. And the governement checks have not arrived for them either.
Some cast members have already received notification that they are eligible and payment is processing. The one example they showed on the news for a cast member that was ineligible appeared to have the incorrect effective date. That date needs to be 4/19 as this is the first day they are furloughed. Her date was not 4/19 that she entered. I’m wondering if the system throws it out as ineligible since that person was receiving pay from Disney yet. Maybe some are entering their application date. I’m not excusing what’s happening but this is a possible scenario that is causing headaches for some.

Seanual757

I was going to say, “well at least the next time, unemployment systems for the states will be prepared to handle something like this.” But I never want to see this kind of unemployment at once ever again. Over 30 million now in 6 weeks across the country.

Very crazy times I was part of the 1st round of furloughs when I flew for United during 9/11 and that was depressing. This is beyond that soo many mom and pop places going under, so many people left with what do I do.

Disney Analyst

He is leaving it up the state governors and local officials to make the call, it will be a patchwork based on local conditions. I guess he forgot that people travel.

Strange approach. While each province is handling it differently up here. It’s all with communication between provinces and an overall vision from our federal government. Everyone is working together to ensure Canada gets through this, and that’s all parts of Canada. Not just the rich or elite. Homeless, indigenous, rural.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Strange approach. While each province is handling it differently up here. It’s all with communication between provinces and an overall vision from our federal government. Everyone is working together to ensure Canada gets through this, and that’s all parts of Canada. Not just the rich or elite. Homeless, indigenous, rural.
It is not much different here.

wannabeBelle

Had anyone heard of any change to the 14 day quarantine rule that DeSantis put in place for non Floridians?? I don't think most people could do a self quarantine for 14 days to then have a7 day vacation after that. Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom