Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

Parteecia

Yes I keep it nice n drafty at home when I’m wearing my mask. I only don’t like to wear it in public
All righty then.

Seriously, I do recommend an O2 sensor. They are relatively cheap - dirt cheap by Disney standards - and can be used for reassurance, testing masks, and, if you do catch covid, deciding when it's time to head to the hospital.

mickEblu

All righty then.

Seriously, I do recommend an O2 sensor. They are relatively cheap - dirt cheap by Disney standards - and can be used for reassurance, testing masks, and, if you do catch covid, deciding when it's time to head to the hospital.

Lol. Cmon u know what i meant. I can’t feel the air hitting my face.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
All righty then.

Yes I also recommend getting a wearable outdoor thermometer so you know if its too hot or cold outside.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes its all in their head, masks actually dont make any difference in breathing 🙄

It's important to tolerate the fact that not everyone is the same. While you may be OK with a mask, for some folks they become lightheaded after an extended period of time.
Hmm, so all those first responders (a lot of times in 100+ degree weather), nurses, doctors, etc., that have been wearing masks for literally decades for periods sometimes as long 18-36 hours at a time must not be able to breathe.

And here we are complaining about wearing them at a theme park. :rolleyes: First world problems....

Tamandua

Here's what I don't understand... Pasadena has an 80% vaccination rate and apparently has so many new cases that they're bringing back the mask mandate and requiring public employees to be vaccinated. If you have 80% vaccinated and your case count is out of control... Then the vaccine doesn't work. Wasn't 80% constantly cited as herd immunity over the last year or more? It's getting ridiculous.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Hmm, so all those first responders (a lot of times in 100+ degree weather), nurses, doctors, etc., that have been wearing masks for literally decades for periods sometimes as long 18-36 hours at a time must not be able to breathe.

And here we are complaining about wearing them at a theme park. :rolleyes: First world problems....
Not worth my time but I never claimed this at all.

I have to wear one at work as does my wife and we cant wait to "breathe" at the end of the day. My friends in nursing also agree with this sentiment.

Try running with vs without a mask. It's much easier to get oxygen per breath without one.

Communicora

Premium Member
Here's what I don't understand... Pasadena has an 80% vaccination rate and apparently has so many new cases that they're bringing back the mask mandate and requiring public employees to be vaccinated. If you have 80% vaccinated and your case count is out of control... Then the vaccine doesn't work. Wasn't 80% constantly cited as herd immunity over the last year or more? It's getting ridiculous.
One issue is that the 80% vaccination rate is not accounting for children who aren't eligible yet. That said, the key problem is the Delta variant. Sadly, it's significantly more transmissible. Please get the vaccine if you haven't got it yet.

Tamandua

One issue is that the 80% vaccination rate is not accounting for children who aren't eligible yet. That said, the key problem is the Delta variant. Sadly, it's significantly more transmissible. Please get the vaccine if you haven't got it yet.
It sounds like the vaccine doesn't help much against this variant. What about all those vaccinated Texas lawmakers who have tested positive this last week, and spread it in DC to other vaccinated lawmakers? The vaccine is sounding less and less effective while the list of side effects grows and grows. I worry that the FDA will approve these vaccines simply because they've rushed them out to over a hundred million people and they would never admit to making a mistake that big.

Tamandua

I think more people would be willing to take the vaccine if

A) They took away the liability protections from the drug companies so that there's recourse if something goes terribly wrong and

B) They didn't continue restrictions on vaccinated people

But A is a really, really big deal. As long as drug companies are shielded from liability, I will never take it. It's alarming that they're trying to push everyone to take it before the liability is restored. Drug companies want as few people to take it after liability is restored as possible because there's a smaller pool of possible plaintiffs.

If they really want people vaccinated, don't tell people they're SOL if the take it and have severe complications.

Communicora

Premium Member
It sounds like the vaccine doesn't help much against this variant. What about all those vaccinated Texas lawmakers who have tested positive this last week, and spread it in DC to other vaccinated lawmakers? The vaccine is sounding less and less effective while the list of side effects grows and grows. I worry that the FDA will approve these vaccines simply because they've rushed them out to over a hundred million people and they would never admit to making a mistake that big.
I can understand that it feels like it doesn't help that much as far as getting infected, especially when you hear about high profile sporting events like the Olympics where testing is mandated and a few are testing positive even after being vaccinated.

However, the results are showing that even if infected, people who are vaccinated are not suffering severe illness the way people who are unvaccinated are. Side effects are also rare from the vaccine. If there are side effects that worry you in particular, I'd urge you to talk to your doctor. Take care!

smooch

What are these severe complications that you're so terrified of taking the vaccine? Out of the hundreds of millions of fully vaccinated people here in the US how many of them have had such severe problems that you're scared of taking it? 99% of current hospitalizations from COVID are unvaccinated people, and people who are vaccinated but still catch COVID have far less severe cases, which should be a reason to want to get the vaccine, not want to not get vaccinated. If you get vaccinated you have basically a 0.1% chance of any sort of actually severe side effect, you are much less likely to catch COVID, and even if you do it reduces the severity of the sickness greatly. If you don't get vaccinated you don't have that 0.1% chance of a severe reaction, but instead you are completely at risk to an extremely transmittable virus that can either be asymptomatic, be a moderate sickness, be a severe sickness, hospitalize you, kill you, or even if you aren't hospitalized still cause permanent damage to your lungs and heart. I'm truly curious what this "growing list of side effects" consists of and exactly just how common (or should I say rare) these side effects are? And if you're scared of having severe side effects in the long term years from now then you need to just admit you don't understand how vaccines work.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not worth my time but I never claimed this at all.

I have to wear one at work as does my wife and we cant wait to "breathe" at the end of the day. My friends in nursing also agree with this sentiment.

Try running with vs without a mask. It's much easier to get oxygen per breath without one.
My point is that there are literally millions of professionals that have been wearing masks daily for decades in worse conditions than what has been requested of the public to date. And I have family members who have been in nursing for longer than you have been alive, and they don't and have never complained about not being able to breathe.

Also professional athlete's have been using mask training for decades as a way to improve stamina and blood oxygenation. I've personally known many NFL players that have done this since the 80s and have survived without a single ill-effect.

So these ideas that masks hinder a persons breathing or otherwise normal functionality of life is a bit ridiculous.

Nirya

80% of eligible people being vaccinated gets you to around 60% of the total, and you need to get to around 77% of the total for herd immunity. It’s why one of the best paths forward is getting trials complete and opening up eligibility for children so that we can start adding their numbers to the total, thus lessening the need for hold-outs among the eligible populations to suddenly have a change of heart.

October82

What are these severe complications that you're so terrified of taking the vaccine? Out of the hundreds of millions of fully vaccinated people here in the US how many of them have had such severe problems that you're scared of taking it? 99% of current hospitalizations from COVID are unvaccinated people, and people who are vaccinated but still catch COVID have far less severe cases, which should be a reason to want to get the vaccine, not want to not get vaccinated. If you get vaccinated you have basically a 0.1% chance of any sort of actually severe side effect, you are much less likely to catch COVID, and even if you do it reduces the severity of the sickness greatly. If you don't get vaccinated you don't have that 0.1% chance of a severe reaction, but instead you are completely at risk to an extremely transmittable virus that can either be asymptomatic, be a moderate sickness, be a severe sickness, hospitalize you, kill you, or even if you aren't hospitalized still cause permanent damage to your lungs and heart. I'm truly curious what this "growing list of side effects" consists of and exactly just how common (or should I say rare) these side effects are? And if you're scared of having severe side effects in the long term years from now then you need to just admit you don't understand how vaccines work.

This is a really nice post. But you're still overstating the risks of "severe side effects" from the vaccines. The most common "severe side effects" from vaccination occur with rates measured in the single digits per million, or about 0.0001%, not 0.1%. Your odds of severe health problems due to Covid, for all demographic groups, are much higher than this figure. Even in the lowest risk group, your odds of hospitalization due to Covid infection is a factor of 10-100 higher, and your odds of significant longterm health impacts due to Covid infection are factors of 10 higher than that.

It can not be overstated how much safer it is to get the vaccination than it is to be infected, even if you are in a low risk group for Covid hospitalization or death. There's no comparison and it's not a question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom