COP rumor?

hack2112

Thanks I'd also like to see them do a Turtle Talk type attraction with Walt as the star. If they could some how make a synthesizer that no matter who talks into it the audience hears Walt it would be awsome!
No. That would just be creepy. Don't make me remind you of those Orville Redenbacher commercials that test audiences hated, and then were quickly destroyed.

yeti

Paris is a different culture and its Discoveryland was a Vernesque realisation of a Victorian past-future, an entirely unique slant on the land's concept. Tomorrowland is a Walt-era name (it's got nostalgia going for it) and sounds better than the rather-stilted options you suggested. Why replace a well-known futuristic term with another that does essentially the same job?

And just out of curiosity, how is WDW's TL unique, making it unsuitable for the name when DL's is?

I dunno....Tomorrowland is a pretty stilted name itself.

FigmentJedi

I really like the idea of sending Carousel of Progress back home. You'd have the full set of the World's Fair attractions all together at Disneyland once more, plus it would free up a ton of space in Tomorrowland for all sorts of stuff, like something based on Meet the Robinsons.

Expo_Seeker40

the CoP in DCA.....I dunno....maybe...I don't see how it's Walt Disney's California Adventure (when the story takes place near Albany, NY :lookaroun) then again the CoP isn't really appropriate in tomorrowland/fantasyland east either so maybe it should head back to the resort it was supposed to be a permanent part of in 1967.

Thrill Seeker

What I think should happen is for a replica of the original World's Fair version of CoP to come to DCA, while we get an updated version with a more modern overlay and a new future scene. I know you all hate the idea of bringing more characters into Tomorrowland, but I still think that an intro and conclusion by the cast of Meet The Robinsons would be a good addition to CoP. Most of the show would remain unchanged, but the opening would become a short video from the Tomorrowland Retro Historical Society, hosted by the Robinsons. I can easily see it working out really well and making CoP fit a bit better in our Tomorrowland. I still like show, even though it is outdated, and think it should stay if that is an option.

jt04

What I think should happen is for a replica of the original World's Fair version of CoP to come to DCA, while we get an updated version with a more modern overlay and a new future scene. I know you all hate the idea of bringing more characters into Tomorrowland, but I still think that an intro and conclusion by the cast of Meet The Robinsons would be a good addition to CoP. Most of the show would remain unchanged, but the opening would become a short video from the Tomorrowland Retro Historical Society, hosted by the Robinsons. I can easily see it working out really well and making CoP fit a bit better in our Tomorrowland. I still like show, even though it is outdated, and think it should stay if that is an option.

Thumbs up. :sohappy:

kingslyZISSOU

as much as I want it to be accessible to me personally, I think it would be better off out west. Here, it has to be altered to fit the setting. There, it could be presented, and understood in the proper context.

If they ever just want to get rid of it as it's own attraction, they could even incorporate a single scene, as part of a tribute show for Walt.

Enchantâmes

Exactly I think it confuses most people. Future World is the realization of Walt's concept of a Tomorrowland on a grand scale. I think it is the only real "Tomorrowland", in a sense, at any Disney park, even more than the original at DL.

And the more time that passes the less Tomorrowland at MK seems very Tomorrow-y. I like the sci-fi vibe and hope they keep it moving in that direction. Yep Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Comic/Retro/"Jetsons"-land. Works for me :lol:

Or maybe just GalaxyPort or some such. Tomorrowland? No, not feeling it.
It doesn't matter what it feels like to you, its a classic title tradition started by Walt. :wave:

PaisleyMF

After seen it yesterday the last scene just needs some little TLC that don't need to change the scene at all, Just change the TV to a "hologram" and the Virtual Reality and get new computers. Everything else almost fits.

EPCOT Explorer

After seen it yesterday the last scene just needs some little TLC that don't need to change the scene at all, Just change the TV to a "hologram" and the Virtual Reality and get new computers. Everything else almost fits.
Right. It shouldn't be that hard.

Maybe after the SM Refurb...

Animaniac93-98

Don't forget new clothes for everyone, a new coat of fur for Rover, dropping the references to Laserdisc and car phones and new skins on the AAs.

I thought I read that the set itself has not changed at all, only new decor and props and costumes for the figures were added.

If 3rd shift work can clean up Acts 1-3 well then a 2 week closure or something sounds like it would be enough. If they bought all the new things and did the recordings ahead of time (which I'm sure they would) it would save time for sure.

Too bad they didn't do this last year between January and October (when no MK attractions had major rehabs) so that all the new crowds for the attraction this year could see an up-to-date show.

EPCOT Explorer

Don't forget new clothes for everyone, a new coat of fur for Rover, dropping the references to Laserdisc and car phones and new skins on the AAs.

I thought I read that the set itself has not changed at all, only new decor and props and costumes for the figures were added.

If 3rd shift work can clean up Acts 1-3 well then a 2 week closure or something sounds like it would be enough. If they bought all the new things and did the recordings ahead of time (which I'm sure they would) it would save time for sure.

Too bad they didn't do this last year between January and October (when no MK attractions had major rehabs) so that all the new crowds for the attraction this year could see an up-to-date show.
But...You know...That would work too well.:lookaroun

ttalovebug

I really like the idea of sending Carousel of Progress back home. You'd have the full set of the World's Fair attractions all together at Disneyland once more, plus it would free up a ton of space in Tomorrowland for all sorts of stuff, like something based on Meet the Robinsons.

Except nowadays, anytime something closes and "frees up space", we usually end up with corporate and storage space.

For some reason, I can't see them using Meet the Robinsons characters in anything new. It wasn't a huge success, and it really can't make them much more money, no matter how well it would work themeing-wise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom