COP rumor?

Figment632

Original Poster
While in DCA in the Blue Sky Cellar the video that plays said that the park will be redone to look like Hollywood when Walt first arrived. I know we should take anything from CM's lightly but something she said got me thinking. She said that the COP could be, I repeat could be moved to DCA to add to the theme of it being Walts park.

I thought she was full of it but the more I think of it the more I think it could be possible. It would add something nice to that park and maybe could be located by or in the new theater they are building. With that said I don't want it to leave but even though nothing had been announced there eventually will be an overhaul of TL.

1. Is this possible and do you see it eventually hapening?
2. Would you want it to happen?

Jasonflz

While in DCA in the Blue Sky Cellar the video that plays said that the park will be redone to look like Hollywood when Walt first arrived. I know we should take anything from CM's lightly but something she said got me thinking. She said that the COP could be, I repeat could be moved to DCA to add to the theme of it being Walts park.

I thought she was full of it but the more I think of it the more I think it could be possible. It would add something nice to that park and maybe could be located by or in the new theater they are building. With that said I don't want it to leave but even though nothing had been announced there eventually will be an overhaul of TL.

1. Is this possible and do you see it eventually hapening?
2. Would you want it to happen?

1. I highly doubt that it's possible and will happen anytime soon.
2. No unless they will add an attraction to that space to them it to the land better.

Figment632

Original Poster
2. No unless they will add an attraction to that space to them it to the land better.

I could see it happening if they do go ahead with a major overhaul of TL :shrug:

Jasonflz

I could see it happening if they do go ahead with a major overhaul of TL :shrug:

yes but with the money invested into DCA already they aren't going to put anything new in for quite a while. It could happen but not for a good 8 years minimum.

Fun2BFree

It's entirely possible -- it's been moved from New York to DL in 1965 and from DL to WDW in 1975. But it's not probable certainly... I can't see Disney caring enough about CoP to even bother to move it over.

jt04

I love this idea immensely. It's the perfect attraction for DCA. Also, it just never meshed well with MK's TL in my opinion.

It belongs at DLR, plain and simple.

SirGoofy

Plus, if it was moved, we would truly have a pretty big expansion pad for TL...that would probably sit empty for 10 years.:lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Possible? Sure. They moved it twice before, no reason they couldn't do it again.
Will they? Highly doubt it....but I'm for it.

jt04

Plus, if it was moved, we would truly have a pretty big expansion pad for TL...that would probably sit empty for 10 years.:lol:

You combine that area with a rebuilt Skyway building and the space formerly occupied by the Galaxy Theater and I am pretty sure there would be enough space for another E ticket which TL really needs. I am convinced the rumored makeover of TL and FL are gaining steam in Glendale. Just a hunch though.

Fun2BFree

I am convinced the rumored makeover of TL and FL are gaining steam in Glendale. Just a hunch though.

It's quite ironic -- New Tomorrowland's sci-fi approach was supposed to stop that land being constantly dated and in need of update, and Disney have messed it up so badly with character tie-ins that we need another revamp.

GothMickey

You combine that area with a rebuilt Skyway building and the space formerly occupied by the Galaxy Theater and I am pretty sure there would be enough space for another E ticket which TL really needs. I am convinced the rumored makeover of TL and FL are gaining steam in Glendale. Just a hunch though.

No way. It is the perfect spot to build a stage for Buzz Lightyear's Dancing Among The Stars Celebration!!!!!!!

Jasonflz

It's quite ironic -- New Tomorrowland's sci-fi approach was supposed to stop that land being constantly dated and in need of update, and Disney have messed it up so badly with character tie-ins that we need another revamp.

Why not just change the current rides without changing the land itself. it has the coolest looking theme.

jt04

Why not just change the current rides without changing the land itself. it has the coolest looking theme.

I think that is mostly what they will do. Plus improving the aesthetics to at least bring it up to this century.

I think they should seriousy consider a name change for the area too. Recently I thought of Port Galaxy or SpacePort, something along those lines. Anything but Stitchland. :brick:

Fun2BFree

I think they should seriousy consider a name change for the area too. Recently I thought of Port Galaxy or SpacePort, something along those lines. Anything but Stitchland. :brick:

Frankly, Tomorrowland is too iconic a name to be changed. It's practically synonymous with Disney and is quite well-recognised in popular culture.

It would be like changing the Haunted Mansion to 'House with Ghosts in it' or Spaceship Earth to 'Vague edutainment ride with ending of dubious quality'.

Frankly, Tomorrowland is too iconic a name to be changed. It's practically synonymous with Disney and is quite well-recognised in popular culture.

It would be like changing the Haunted Mansion to 'House with Ghosts in it' or Spaceship Earth to 'Vague edutainment ride with ending of dubious quality'.

lol

Agree with Tomorrowland name being too iconic to change... I would hate if they did that. I still call MGM Studios, MGM studios... oops... what's it called now again? :p

jt04

Great point but WDW has a Tomorrowland already, it's called Future World. At any other resort I would agree with you but WDW is a unique situation IMO. And Discoveryland works in Paris I think.

Fun2BFree

Great point but WDW has a Tomorrowland already, it's called Future World. At any other resort I would agree with you but WDW is a unique situation IMO. And Discoveryland works in Paris I think.

Paris is a different culture and its Discoveryland was a Vernesque realisation of a Victorian past-future, an entirely unique slant on the land's concept. Tomorrowland is a Walt-era name (it's got nostalgia going for it) and sounds better than the rather-stilted options you suggested. Why replace a well-known futuristic term with another that does essentially the same job?

And just out of curiosity, how is WDW's TL unique, making it unsuitable for the name when DL's is?

Jasonflz

Paris is a different culture and its Discoveryland was a Vernesque realisation of a Victorian past-future, an entirely unique slant on the land's concept.

It used to be like that but now you can just call it Tomorrowland considering all of it's Vernelike rides have been replaced with rides you would easily see in another TL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom