COP rumor?

Great point but WDW has a Tomorrowland already, it's called Future World. At any other resort I would agree with you but WDW is a unique situation IMO. And Discoveryland works in Paris I think.

I would say that Tomorrowland is more widely known than Future World. I think most visitors just call Future World, EPCOT. The Tomorrowland name wont go anywhere... I would be extremely surprised and disappointed if they made that sort of move... and there's really no reason to do so.

Figment632

Original Poster
As much as I love it I think it should be moved to DCA. I was just there and right now it is a disaster if they move that and perhaps One Mans Dream, this combined with the changed in apperance and theme, Walt Disneys World of Color Show, Silly Symphony Swings, DCA could be a very nice park.

Besides after my first visit to DL I plan on returning so I wouldn't really lose it and maybe they could finally redo the final scene.

I don't see this happening anytime soon if it ever does happen. Disney would not only have to spend all the money to get it to DCA, but then they'd have to fill the void it leaves with a new ride. These days we're lucky when WDW gets a new ride built on an empty spot, nevermind spending a ton of money to ship an existing ride across the country first.

jt04

I would say that Tomorrowland is more widely known than Future World. I think most visitors just call Future World, EPCOT. The Tomorrowland name wont go anywhere... I would be extremely surprised and disappointed if they made that sort of move... and there's really no reason to do so.

Exactly I think it confuses most people. Future World is the realization of Walt's concept of a Tomorrowland on a grand scale. I think it is the only real "Tomorrowland", in a sense, at any Disney park, even more than the original at DL.

And the more time that passes the less Tomorrowland at MK seems very Tomorrow-y. I like the sci-fi vibe and hope they keep it moving in that direction. Yep Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Comic/Retro/"Jetsons"-land. Works for me :lol:

Or maybe just GalaxyPort or some such. Tomorrowland? No, not feeling it.

jt04

As much as I love it I think it should be moved to DCA. I was just there and right now it is a disaster if they move that and perhaps One Mans Dream, this combined with the changed in apperance and theme, Walt Disneys World of Color Show, Silly Symphony Swings, DCA could be a very nice park.

Besides after my first visit to DL I plan on returning so I wouldn't really lose it and maybe they could finally redo the final scene.

I like your vision!

Jasonflz

Exactly I think it confuses most people. Future World is the realization of Walt's concept of a Tomorrowland on a grand scale. I think it is the only real "Tomorrowland", in a sense, at any Disney park, even more than the original at DL.

And the more time that passes the less Tomorrowland at MK seems very Tomorrow-y. I like the sci-fi vibe and hope they keep it moving in that direction. Yep Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Comic/Retro/"Jetsons"-land. Works for me :lol:

Exactly!

Feeling it or not, you'll be saying it for a long time because it's not likely to go anywhere. Disney renaming a land in its signature park is 99.9% not likely to happen anytime soon. And GalaxyPort... how does that solve a naming issue that exists with Tomorrowland? That's just weird and extra nerdy. Disney doesn't cater to the Trekkie types... Tomorrowland keeps it simple and keeps its options open.

jt04

Feeling it or not, you'll be saying it for a long time because it's not likely to go anywhere. Disney renaming a land in its signature park is 99.9% not likely to happen anytime soon. And GalaxyPort... how does that solve a naming issue that exists with Tomorrowland? That's just weird and extra nerdy. Disney doesn't cater to the Trekkie types... Tomorrowland keeps it simple and keeps its options open.

I stated my opinion, why the attack?

And if people can refuse to call DHS by it's name, I'll call TL anything I like thank you.

I did think it over though. Tomorrowland? No, still not feeling it.

Jasonflz

I stated my opinion, why the attack?

And if people can refuse to call DHS by it's name, I'll call TL anything I like thank you.

I did think it over though. Tomorrowland? No, still not feeling it.

While I agree that the "Tomorrowland" name doesn't fit I look at the land's poster and I feel it.

Figment632

Original Poster
I like your vision!

Thanks I'd also like to see them do a Turtle Talk type attraction with Walt as the star. If they could some how make a synthesizer that no matter who talks into it the audience hears Walt it would be awsome!

EPCOT Explorer

NO.

:fork:

:D

It's a little out of place in TL, but it works better than DCA. The theme of Progress and the Future works well in a Tomorrowland anywhere. The Metro Retro Backstory makes it fit.

And Walt's Park? I think that's Disneyland.

Figment632

Original Poster
NO.

:fork:

:D

It's a little out of place in TL, but it works better than DCA. The theme of Progress and the Future works well in a Tomorrowland anywhere. The Metro Retro Backstory makes it fit.

And Walt's Park? I think that's Disneyland.

But if you look at what DCA will be after the refurb with the 1920's theme and again Walt Disneys World of Color, Silly Symphony swings, and even the rumor that they will change the the name to either Walt Disneys California Adventure or Walt Disneys Adventure, it fits much better in DCA.

EPCOT Explorer

But if you look at what DCA will be after the refurb with the 1920's theme and again Walt Disneys World of Color, Silly Symphony swings, and even the rumor that they will change the the name to either Walt Disneys California Adventure or Walt Disneys Adventure, it fits much better in DCA.
Hmm...This is true.

Why not just clone it?:D:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom