CoP heading out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It does seem to fit thematically more with Main St. than Tomorrowland. Now, I dont see space-wise where they could fit it, barring the removal of that parking lot behind MS, which I am sure is required for stocking the shops and eateries on the East side of the street.

As Raven can attest, that parking lot gets a lot of use on a daily basis. Not only for stocking and resupply, but I also know the tour busses for Backstage Magic drop off and pick up there....

Lee

Adventurer
Move it to Main Street USA.

And put it....where? No room anywhere on Main St. And they certainly aren't gonna spend any money to move it.

(Personally, I always thought turning the WoL building at Epcot into a pavillion about the history of technology would kinda work. CoP would fit there.
Never, ever happen....)

gustaftp

I just don't see this happening. It would leave a huge dead spot in Tomorrowland, in a park that needs every extra bit of ride capacity it can get.

However, while I'm no expert, I don't think that putting it in any Smithsonian would be particularly difficult. It could be retooled where it has ONE theater, with a rotating stage (instead of rotating audience), and perhaps scaled-down sets.

kcnole

I rode the CoP recently and agree that it desperately needs an update. That said, I hope they give it one, however I don't think they will. No matter what they do with it, it'll never be more than a walk-on attraction any longer. I see it every time I'm there, but most people just don't care. I'd really like to see it given a full make-over re-doing all the scenes and spreading the years out quite a bit on it so its not such a drastic jump to the future scene. The future scene does need to be redone every 5 years or so.

Rich1

Original Poster
Again, I'm stating what I've been told by people that are typically informed of these things. Did Meg Crofton come to me and say its happening, no but I just report what I've heard. Thanks everyone for being jerks. Wow.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I just don't see this happening. It would leave a huge dead spot in Tomorrowland, in a park that needs every extra bit of ride capacity it can get.

However, while I'm no expert, I don't think that putting it in any Smithsonian would be particularly difficult. It could be retooled where it has ONE theater, with a rotating stage (instead of rotating audience), and perhaps scaled-down sets.

Read some of my replies in regards to the Smithsonian. Keep in mind it is also free and open to the public.

menamechris

(Personally, I always thought turning the WoL building at Epcot into a pavillion about the history of technology would kinda work. CoP would fit there.
Never, ever happen....)

And for essentially the same result. Tommorowland and Future World are essentially the same concept. So...why not just leave it where it is and call it a "history of technology" in Tomorrowland, as opposed to Future World?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Again, I'm stating what I've been told by people that are typically informed of these things. Did Meg Crofton come to me and say its happening, no but I just report what I've heard. Thanks everyone for being jerks. Wow.

No one insulted you personally (unlike your own statements). But, if you want to bring this topic around for the fourth time (by claiming some sort of inside information), perhaps you might want to consider being able to substantiate your information, instead of relying on pixie dust, or insults for those you disagree with you....

WDWmazprty

No one insulted you personally (unlike your own statements). But, if you want to bring this topic around for the fourth time (by claiming some sort of inside information), perhaps you might want to consider being able to substantiate your information, instead of relying on pixie dust, or insults for those you disagree with you....

Yes. who told you? What report did you get this from? give us something.

menamechris

It's a discussion, dude. Nobody's mad at ya.... :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

There is no room, save for one annex to the Air & Space Museum, for CoP to fit. And that annex is a little preoccupied with minor attractions such as a space shuttle, the Enola Gay, and hundreds of other airplanes, helicopters, missiles, rockets etc.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A more humble original post tends to minimize this. When you come in with guns blazing with a rumor that makes the rounds every year or two, people tend to not take too kindly to it.

ParkMan73

I really don't expect it to happen either.

But, just for the sake of discussion.

No one has mentioned the Smithsonian's Arts & Industries Building. It sits on the mall and has not been open for a while now.

What if the Smithsonian were planning to open some kind of Museum of Entertainment or Pop Culture. Those are popular exhibits at the American History Museum, and could perhaps support a new museum of their own.

If they were doing that, then perhaps having a WDW ride inside the museum might actually make sense.

Just an idea.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I really don't expect it to happen either.

But, just for the sake of discussion.

No one has mentioned the Smithsonian's Arts & Industries Building. It sits on the mall and has not been open for a while now.

What if the Smithsonian were planning to open some kind of Museum of Entertainment or Pop Culture. Those are popular exhibits at the American History Museum, and could perhaps support a new museum of their own.

If they were doing that, then perhaps having a WDW ride inside the museum might actually make sense.

Just an idea.

It is an idea, and the building could be used for any number of exhibits or capacities. The only problem is that currently the Arts & Industries Building is basically a shell and in need of drastic renovation, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Plus, even if work were to start tomorrow, the project would take 3-4 years to complete. Could it hold CoP? Sure, in terms of spacing. But it doesn't have the capacity to hold much more than a port-a-potty right now in terms of wiring and other infrastructure right now.

Malvito

Since we are talking about rumours, maybe they are going to combine TT with CoP and replace "It's A Great big Beautiful Tomorrow" with "Detroit" from Happiest Millionaire ... (stoking the flames) :fork: (buahahahahahaha etc)

Originally posted the above on the wrong thread (so hard to keep up, some days ... )

cowanfamily

Seriously dude, Source?

Unless revealing your source would compromise the mission, then I completely understand.

Scuttle

Your just not sounding very credible, your story lacks a lot of details. I'll ask my best friends father who is a mechanical engineer and he works and repairs AA's. He might have insight to this. How can we get the original Tiki room back and then lose CoP? I thought they were trying to get walts magic touch back into MK.

Jakester

Id like to know where you heard this. I just dont see CoP leaving anytime soon. Id rather Stitch get the boot than CoP.

devoy1701

Your just not sounding very credible, your story lacks a lot of details. I'll ask my best friends father who is a mechanical engineer and he works and repairs AA's. He might have insight to this. How can we get the original Tiki room back and then lose CoP? I thought they were trying to get walts magic touch back into MK.

Maybe TDO thought it would lessen the blow?

good time for that "Oh I see what you did there" Simpsons image people use in these forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom