Construction walls along the entrance way coming into fantasmic

Cody5294

Original Poster
There are constructiom walls along the walkway coming into Fantasmic. The area that is under construction is huge and there is piles of dirt everywhere and there are construction vehicles on site. I'll post a picture once I get home tonight. Anyone know what is going on over there?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting, I had been wondering recently about the permit and if anything every came of it. Curious what they are doing.

Cody5294

Original Poster
Construction is going on behind beauty and the beast. When u exit Fantasmic they take u back stage to exit and u end up at the entrance of the park

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yep, here is a drawing I did of the area called out in the permit:

FantasmicPermit.jpg

TDF

It's the on site napkin folding factory. They'll be making DHS specific napkins on site a part of the Next Gen effort. There will even be a backstage tour where you can fold your own napkin!

Thank you for making my morning!

Anyway if it is backstage I assume it will probably be more storage and something we will never see in our life.

For what it is worth this is where the David Copperfield Magic Underground restaurant was supposed to go. Would have had both in park and out of park entrances much like Rainforest at DAK.

jt04

For what it is worth this is where the David Copperfield Magic Underground restaurant was supposed to go. Would have had both in park and out of park entrances much like Rainforest at DAK.

Imagine if the final Fantasmic show (held after the rest of the park closed) funneled guests through Toontown and all those gift shops on the way to the park exits.

I always like when the final show exits out to the entry plaza, but it would work even better if that were through a "land" that allowed guests to linger a bit longer so they could choose to extend their day just a bit. Not to mention make those final purchases.

Back in the day the 2nd Fantasmic would dump onto Sunset eventually they determined that the merch revenue wasnt worth keeping the shops open. It still dumped on Sunset but everything was closed. Eventually they started funneling everyone backstage to further cut back on the ops CMs needed to shuffle everyone out. Are the Hollywood Blvd shops open at least?

The space isnt really big enough for a full land, but I do think that before Fantasmic was plopped in there it was supposed to be ToonTown. Id love for there to be a family dark ride put in there. The Studios needs it.

Turtle

Hopefully it could be an actual ride because DHS needs another one of those things. A Jack Sparrow interactive thingy won't cut the bill for the park.

Cody5294

Original Poster
Article from thedisneyblog.com:

Disneyland Fantasy Faire Models and a New Show for Both Coasts?

Disneyland has announced that the current Princess Fantasy Faire meet and greet, located in the Fantasyland theater location, will be closing August 12th. They also let it be known that the plan is to prep the theater to once again host a stage show and they’re promising a new concept in entertainment.

With papers filed for some construction on Disney’s Hollywood Studios Theater of the Stars, home to Beauty & The Beast stage show, many are wondering if Disney will be saving costs by building sets and costumes for two shows at the same time. Most speculation is centered on will it be for a past movie (many assume Tangled is the likely candidate) or another revue show (like Animazement). The theme park stage version of Beauty and the Beast didn’t debut until a year after the movie came out, so they’re not too far off that timeline with Tangled. But revue shows have a little bit for everyone… it’s a toss up.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/08/05...ampaign=Feed:+TheDisneyBlog+(The+Disney+Blog)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom