connect the Animal Kingdom by monorail

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
So, no we've moved from connecting the monorail to DAK to the standard p&m routine of TWDC either changing things you don't want them to, or not spending capital either quickly enough or how you desire. Kind of like all of your other threads....

here comes the POLICE AGAIN,

just answering someones post directed at me. If they go off track thats their issue not mine.

WHY DON"T YOU POINT OUT THE ONES THAT HAVE GONE OFF TOPIC. OH THAT'S NOT YOUR AGENDA IS IT NOW.

Goofyernmost

OK, lets just shut down the monorails they are a useless, expensive , dangerous form of transportation. You can argue this forever but I'm just trying to say that expanding to the AK would be great for guests.
It appears to me that you read the words, but, you don't understand them at all. This was never an argument about how cool it is that they have Monorails or that any of us advocate getting rid of the ones that exists. You asked for a monorail to be extended to AK, strictly because you would like to see that. There is no purpose or reason, other then imaginary reasons, to spend that kind of cash to put one up. What the rest of us, at least me and others, have been trying to point out is not whether or not it would be nice to have one, but, the real life reasons why it isn't going to happen. You refuse to accept that, which is too bad because it is going to lead to a lifetime of frustration.

It is a simple measure of common sense that explains why it isn't going to happen, so why even discuss it. And especially why get your feathers all ruffled over it. It isn't cost effective, it isn't really needed for transportation, AK is no further away from anything then the others and with the exception of MK and Epcot... there is no direct link. Even that doesn't have a direct link unless you want to ignore the time consuming transfer at TTC. Myself and others have detailed a number of reasons why, some were ignored and some were scoffed at as if the absolutely only reason, no other, is they don't want to spend the money. The decision to not spend the money stems from many facts and realities. All reasons listed play a part in that decision to not extend the line. A company that just approved a 3 Billion dollar upgrade will spend money if it has merit. This has none, they have a big system set up to take anyone that wants to go to AK a way to do it. The time waiting for a bus, is probably less then what it would take to make the connection with a Monorail at TTC.

My mother used to have the same complaint about airlines. "why don't they just have planes that go directly to every city in the U.S. so I don't have to transfer."

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It appears to me that you read the words, but, you don't understand them at all. This was never an argument about how cool it is that they have Monorails or that any of us advocate getting rid of the ones that exists. You asked for a monorail to be extended to AK, strictly because you would like to see that. There is no purpose or reason, other then imaginary reasons, to spend that kind of cash to put one up. What the rest of us, at least me and others, have been trying to point out is not whether or not it would be nice to have one, but, the real life reasons why it isn't going to happen. You refuse to accept that, which is too bad because it is going to lead to a lifetime of frustration.

It is a simple measure of common sense that explains why it isn't going to happen, so why even discuss it. And especially why get your feathers all ruffled over it. It isn't cost effective, it isn't really needed for transportation, AK is no further away from anything then the others and with the exception of MK and Epcot... there is no direct link. Even that doesn't have a direct link unless you want to ignore the time consuming transfer at TTC. Myself and others have detailed a number of reasons why, some were ignored and some were scoffed at as if the absolutely only reason, no other, is they don't want to spend the money. The decision to not spend the money stems from many facts and realities. All reasons listed play a part in that decision to not extend the line. A company that just approved a 3 Billion dollar upgrade will spend money if it has merit. This has none, they have a big system set up to take anyone that wants to go to AK a way to do it. The time waiting for a bus, is probably less then what it would take to make the connection with a Monorail at TTC.

My mother used to have the same complaint about airlines. "why don't they just have planes that go directly to every city in the U.S. so I don't have to transfer."
Well he/she did give reasons...

I avoid the place because of distance and time to get there, so I never hop the AK

Which were refuted when it was revealed that there already was a mode of transportation in place that would get him/her to AK in a mere 21 minutes. ;)

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Maybe when there are so many responses to a thread the orginal text gets lost. Maybe some forget the orginal post: Here is how it started.....

with all the talk about overcrowding and spreading out the guest would it be the time to connect the AK to the monorail system? You can hop all parks easily but the AK. If it were connected would more people hop and visit during their stay and thin the crowds if they could easily get there? I'm sure this has been a topic before but circumstances are different now.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
No.

How is it any less connected? You can get on a bus from any park or resort and get to AK

its way less connected,
to navigate between parks..........
From DHS you have multiple ways including a WALKING PATH.
Epcot has multiple ways including the Monorail.
MK has multiple ways including the monorail.
AK or AKL has one way a BUS, you can not walk, monorail or boat.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
its way less connected,
to navigate between parks..........
From DHS you have multiple ways including a WALKING PATH.
Epcot has multiple ways including the Monorail.
MK has multiple ways including the monorail.
AK or AKL has one way a BUS, you can not walk, monorail or boat.
And has been explained before, the route to DAK isn't much longer....

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
can I ask, with all the explaination about why the monorail should not be or will not be expanded to AK. Why were these reasons not valid when they expanded it to EPCOT. Why did it ever get expanded there if it was not cost effective etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
can I ask, with all the explaination about why the monorail should not be or will not be expanded to AK. Why were these reasons not valid when they expanded it to EPCOT. Why did it ever get expanded there if it was not cost effective etc.
The cost per mile in 1980-82 was significantly lower even when you account for inflation. There was also much less at WDW when Epcot was built making a monorail connection to what was at the time, the majority of the on property resorts, quite practical.

The landscape is much different now.

A monorail line from the TTC to AK put up today connects less than half of the on property resorts and would come it at a 8-9 digit price tag.

Goofyernmost

It was cheaper then! Only two parks instead of four. Equipment was new and maintenance was less costly. There was a need and a demand to connect the two that no longer exists. (at the time all tickets were park hoppers, no single park tickets) They didn't have the intricate bus system that exists now (pretty much all that existed were the Monorail resorts) It fit in, at the time, with the futuristic theme of EPCOT Ctr.

At the time, just about everyone went through TTC to get to MK. There were no direct buses to the resorts, there weren't that many other places on property where other people even stayed. (the other places that were considered on property were over by DtD and the golf resort areas. The campground was connected via boat. People that came in to the parks either parked at TTC to travel between MK and EPCOT or they parked at EPCOT and hopped to MK. It was one or the other. The turning point was probably when they got the bill to build the line from MK to EPCOT. That probably screamed about the rising cost of doing that form of transportation and the decision was made back then to just not go any further. They discussed it a few times since then, but, still haven't been able to seriously consider it.

Tony the Tigger

Because they said so. All the imaginary Disney bosses here. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom