connect the Animal Kingdom by monorail

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes one bus accident can shut down an entire highway. I have been on highways stuck behind an accident for hours.
How many time has that happened in WDW in the last 44 years?

How many time has a monorail shut down an entire rail in the last year?

A bus crash shutting down an entire transportation route is a once in a century anomaly.

A monorail simply breaking down and shutting down an entire route is a monthly inevitability.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK, lets just shut down the monorails they are a useless, expensive , dangerous form of transportation. You can argue this forever but I'm just trying to say that expanding to the AK would be great for guests.
You have yet to prove that argument.

Show me the droves of people that are not going to AK because they can't take a monorail there. So far we only have you.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
LA, Chicago, Philly, Vegas, and New York constitute "almost every major city" to you? o_O

This is just the top 10 major US cities by population:
New York 8,491,079
Los Angeles 3,928,864
Chicago 2,722,389
Houston 2,239,558
Philadelphia 1,560,297
Phoenix 1,537,058
San Antonio 1,436,697
San Diego 1,381,069
Dallas 1,281,047
San Jose 1,015,785

Then that was possibly your fault since there are many roads to choose from with which to get around an accident. Only very rarely have I seen accidents that shut down a road and do not allow for people to turn around and/or take another road to bypass the accident. Try that on a monorail.

using these numbers I would say YES they are major citys. The reason they use them is because of population size and they need to move large numbers of People FAST and efficiently. Thanks for the numbers

Tony the Tigger

For example? There are buses, trains, boats, people movers and Monorails constantly in operation, what new thing can you imagine? Besides the thought that AK is difficult to get to is not reality. It's as easy as any of them.

That's up to the Imagineers. If I had an answer, I would have more money LOL.

Whether or not it's difficult to get to, it's the least fun to get to. Buses suck. And it usually takes the longest to get to.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
That's up to the Imagineers. If I had an answer, I would have more money LOL.

Whether or not it's difficult to get to, it's the least fun to get to. Buses suck. And it usually takes the longest to get to.

exactly, if we worked for Disney we could figure out the solution but we don't. We are customers that want a certain service, its on them to figure out how to provide it.
People on this board are constantly throwing roadblocks in front of ideas like they are Disney themselves. The company is cash RICH, and could do anything they want. We have no idea why they don't. It could be as simple as they have great demand with the product as is and see no need to do a darn thing until people stop accepting their offerings. Not the way I would do business but its their game to win or lose.

G00fyDad

OK, lets just shut down the monorails they are a useless, expensive , dangerous form of transportation. You can argue this forever but I'm just trying to say that expanding to the AK would be great for guests.

They are neither useless, expensive, or dangerous. They are useful to a point, expensive to build, and dangerous if used inappropriately/recklessly. I'm not going to argue it forever. I will only say this: They will not be building a monorail to AK, ever.

Tony the Tigger

Why does the transportation system need to be futuristic? Futuristic is an ancient word meaning "Neat, but buggy as hell and completely undependable".

Since you would need to move up to 6 figures worth of people per day I would want that system to be fast, flexible and dependable. I could care less if it looked cool.

I guess it's all in how you interpret futuristic. Apparently you interpret it as looking cool. I don't think that has anything to do with it. It can, but it doesn't have to.

But I think it would be in the spirit of classic Disney. How about something at least partially solar powered? Especially going to animal kingdom I think that would make sense.

G00fyDad

me too, BUT they are not doing that either. They are waiting way to long to add money to the Parks.
it should be continuous improvement.

Disney Springs
DHS Toy Story Land
DHS TSMM 3rd track
DHS Star Wars Land
DHS (Phase 3)
DHS (Phase 4)
DHS Parking garages
AK River's of Light
AK Pandora
MK New Fantasyland
MK Hub expansion
MK Skipper Canteen
MK Bypass

Yeah. They aren't doing anything are they? o_O

HRHPrincessAriel

exactly, if we worked for Disney we could figure out the solution but we don't. We are customers that want a certain service, its on them to figure out how to provide it.
People on this board are constantly throwing roadblocks in front of ideas like they are Disney themselves. The company is cash RICH, and could do anything they want. We have no idea why they don't. It could be as simple as they have great demand with the product as is and see no need to do a darn thing until people stop accepting their offerings. Not the way I would do business but its their game to win or lose.
They don't see a need for a monorail to AK therefore they aren't going to spend the $ to build one.

Tony the Tigger

LA, Chicago, Philly, Vegas, and New York constitute "almost every major city" to you? o_O

This is just the top 10 major US cities by population:
New York 8,491,079
Los Angeles 3,928,864
Chicago 2,722,389
Houston 2,239,558
Philadelphia 1,560,297
Phoenix 1,537,058
San Antonio 1,436,697
San Diego 1,381,069
Dallas 1,281,047
San Jose 1,015,785

Uh...yup. See your own list.

ULPO46

I love these monorail debates because they bring out those passionate fans and those people who seem like they don't care about them. As for the Animal Kingdom yes it's the only park not directly connected to the other three. From the TTC one may take a monorail or ferry to the MK. One may take a monorail to EPCOT and then transfer to a boat to the DHS.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
YES, I pointed out they WAIT TO LONG. They ran the Parks down now they are in catch up mode. It will take YEARS for all of that to come online. I mentioned something called continuous improvement.

YOU READ WHAT YOU WANT TO READ.

what I said in previous post:
(me too, BUT they are not doing that either. They are waiting way to long to add money to the Parks.
it should be continuous improvement. )

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Disney Springs
DHS Toy Story Land
DHS TSMM 3rd track
DHS Star Wars Land
DHS (Phase 3)
DHS (Phase 4)
DHS Parking garages
AK River's of Light
AK Pandora
MK New Fantasyland
MK Hub expansion
MK Skipper Canteen
MK Bypass

Yeah. They aren't doing anything are they? o_O

YES GIVE ME THE DATES THE RIDES WILL COME ONLINE? THese are just names on a list, what are the Star Wars Rides? What are the Toy Story Rides? What are the completion dates or even the start dates?
catch up mode/scramble mode, names on a list that pacify fans for now.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
YES GIVE ME THE DATES THE RIDES WILL COME ONLINE? THese are just names on a list, what are the Star Wars Rides? What are the Toy Story Rides? What are the completion dates or even the start dates?
catch up mode/scramble mode, names on a list that pacify fans for now.
So, no we've moved from connecting the monorail to DAK to the standard p&m routine of TWDC either changing things you don't want them to, or not spending capital either quickly enough or how you desire. Kind of like all of your other threads....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom