Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

TomHendricks

Yeah, I work from home as well and they are doing construction right next to our house. I thought they hit our house with their tractor. I jumped up and ran outside to see what the damage was. When I got outside, they were all standing around freaked out themselves.

On a side note, I really enjoy keeping tabs on whats going with the lead up to your wedding. It reminds me of ours and that was simply one of the best times of my life. Also you get married a few days before we get down, the closer you get to your wedding, the closer we get to be down in Disney as well. In fact 35 days, 22 hours and 22 minutes until we leave for WDW.

BrittanyRose428

I agree, the earthquake was so weird! I was on a boat when it happened and there was no waves or anything until like one huge one came out of nowhere and the boat rocked. It wasn't really scary (especially because we had no idea it was an earthquake until like 3 hours later), but weird nonetheless for the northeast.

Also hopefully that hurricane just turns around for both of us, I'm moving back to school in NH on sunday -__-.

And I love your tiara!

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you very much! I love the entire Disney Fairytale Wedding Dress line, I wish I had tried on more but I didn't want to try on dresses out of my price range. Jasmine was in my price range but that's a more relaxed dress for an outdoor or beach wedding.

I followed you back on Twitter! Welcome to the dark side...hehe I'm totally hooked on Twitter. I'm following so many Disney people that someone is in one of the parks every day. I love seeing random pictures of the Disney parks. Recently someone went to Tokyo for 10 days and he tweeted pictures the whole time. Now I want to go there too!!

The Jasmine dress was actually one of my favorites from there. Along with I believe the Belle one (the one that had straps over the arms). I just love all of them though just thinking about them all! Now do you know if there's going to be a new line of dresses every year? I would love to see what else they can come up with!

My one follower! lol. I had to tweet yesterday because I was so excited we got our magical express mail! But yes it definitely gets addicting I'm always on there on my phone reading updates. Ooo Tokyo must have been really nice. Hopefully one day you will get there!

I'm so thankful I didn't feel that earthquake. Me and my boyfriend were driving at the time it happened and probably just didn't notice it, I would have been scared! And I hope you have a safe flight and make it out before the storm hits!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Yeah, I work from home as well and they are doing construction right next to our house. I thought they hit our house with their tractor. I jumped up and ran outside to see what the damage was. When I got outside, they were all standing around freaked out themselves.

On a side note, I really enjoy keeping tabs on whats going with the lead up to your wedding. It reminds me of ours and that was simply one of the best times of my life. Also you get married a few days before we get down, the closer you get to your wedding, the closer we get to be down in Disney as well. In fact 35 days, 22 hours and 22 minutes until we leave for WDW.

Yeah that earthquake was craziness huh? I'm glad it wasn't huge, I can't even imagine what they went through in Japan :(

Aww thanks for reading! I'm so glad people are enjoying my planning journal, it has been quite a whirlwind to say the least!! My Mom and I watched your wedding video on YouTube again this weekend and cried :) You both looked SO incredibly happy and the scenes with Belle and the kids are beautiful.

I was thinking of scheduling an informal meet at Columbia Harbor House at the MK on Oct. 1st for the 40th Anniversary. I'm seeing some rumors now that they are going to have some special events at the MK that day. I know, I know they're just rumors but George Lucas at Star Wars Weekends started as a rumor too :D

I agree, the earthquake was so weird! I was on a boat when it happened and there was no waves or anything until like one huge one came out of nowhere and the boat rocked. It wasn't really scary (especially because we had no idea it was an earthquake until like 3 hours later), but weird nonetheless for the northeast.

Also hopefully that hurricane just turns around for both of us, I'm moving back to school in NH on sunday -__-.

And I love your tiara!

I know a lot of people who didn't feel the earthquake. They were all a bit disappointed but I wish I hadn't felt it! Scared the crap outta me!! I'm not looking forward to the hurricane but I can deal with that a lot better than an earthquake. I just hope I make my flights on time.

The Jasmine dress was actually one of my favorites from there. Along with I believe the Belle one (the one that had straps over the arms). I just love all of them though just thinking about them all! Now do you know if there's going to be a new line of dresses every year? I would love to see what else they can come up with!

My one follower! lol. I had to tweet yesterday because I was so excited we got our magical express mail! But yes it definitely gets addicting I'm always on there on my phone reading updates. Ooo Tokyo must have been really nice. Hopefully one day you will get there!

I'm so thankful I didn't feel that earthquake. Me and my boyfriend were driving at the time it happened and probably just didn't notice it, I would have been scared! And I hope you have a safe flight and make it out before the storm hits!

I'm not sure if they are going to come up with a new line of dresses every year but this year they did unveil a new Platinum Cinderella dress. I don't like it as much as mine and it's more expensive! WooHoo :)

I'm glad you didn't feel the earthquake! A few of my family members were also in the car but they felt it because they were at stop lights. I think if you were moving then you probably wouldn't feel it because in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big. California was probably laughing at us for the big to-do :) I'm glad to hear everyone is safe though.

TomHendricks

Yeah that earthquake was craziness huh? I'm glad it wasn't huge, I can't even imagine what they went through in Japan :(

Aww thanks for reading! I'm so glad people are enjoying my planning journal, it has been quite a whirlwind to say the least!! My Mom and I watched your wedding video on YouTube again this weekend and cried :) You both looked SO incredibly happy and the scenes with Belle and the kids are beautiful.

I was thinking of scheduling an informal meet at Columbia Harbor House at the MK on Oct. 1st for the 40th Anniversary. I'm seeing some rumors now that they are going to have some special events at the MK that day. I know, I know they're just rumors but George Lucas at Star Wars Weekends started as a rumor too :D

Were not setting foot in MK on October 1st. We are hoping that MK will draw people away from other parks that day and were hitting Hollywood Studios.

PartOfYourWorld

I'm not sure if they are going to come up with a new line of dresses every year but this year they did unveil a new Platinum Cinderella dress. I don't like it as much as mine and it's more expensive! WooHoo :)

I'm glad you didn't feel the earthquake! A few of my family members were also in the car but they felt it because they were at stop lights. I think if you were moving then you probably wouldn't feel it because in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big. California was probably laughing at us for the big to-do :) I'm glad to hear everyone is safe though.

I just did a search for that dress, and I like yours much much better as well! The poof goes out at an odd angle on the platinum one. At least thats what it looks like to me. And I love the top on yours much better too the design on the platinum one is a bit much for me.

That's what I was thinking why I didn't feel it in the car. And California must think we're wimps! And I'm glad to hear there were no major problems and everyone was safe as well. Now gearing up to brace Hurricane Irene! I'm crossing my fingers that it just happens to go out to sea and miss MA and you too! I really hate strong winds. :(

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Were not setting foot in MK on October 1st. We are hoping that MK will draw people away from other parks that day and were hitting Hollywood Studios.

I don't blame you, I think it might be a bit crowded :lookaroun I hope it's not as bad as the day Star Tours 2.0 opened but we braved that as well! It was SO worth it to see George Lucas and Bob Iger in person. I doubt they're doing anything that big for the MK but die hard fans will come out in droves. There's a live WDW Radio Webcast for 40 hours during the anniversary. Jason and I are planning to stick with them as long as we can but definitely not for 40 hours!

I just did a search for that dress, and I like yours much much better as well! The poof goes out at an odd angle on the platinum one. At least thats what it looks like to me. And I love the top on yours much better too the design on the platinum one is a bit much for me.

That's what I was thinking why I didn't feel it in the car. And California must think we're wimps! And I'm glad to hear there were no major problems and everyone was safe as well. Now gearing up to brace Hurricane Irene! I'm crossing my fingers that it just happens to go out to sea and miss MA and you too! I really hate strong winds. :(

Yeah the Platinum Cinderella dress is very high fashion couture, not for me. I prefer timeless elegance over trends.

I've been tracking hurricane Irene and my boss said if I wanted to fly out Saturday instead I could do that. Right now it's not supposed to hit us until Sun PM so I *should* be ok. Argh :(

Fashionista007

Original Poster
FairytaleWeddingSham...er...Store.com

I finally got an email from FairyTaleWeddingStore.com apologizing for the delay and I got a shipping notification. I still don't suggest that anyone buy their products. Their website clearly states that processing time takes 3 - 5 days, not 2 months!! Horrible, horrible business practice. But I am secretly happy because I did order some really cute things, I hope they're good quality but I'm not expecting much out of these people. Plus I can easily send my stuff back to Amazon.com using Amazon Prime. I really did not need that headache :fork:

WDW_Princess24

I hope for the sake of your sanity everything finally arrives and is in good condition! geez, what a headache!

sending positive vibes your way Shelley!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I hope for the sake of your sanity everything finally arrives and is in good condition! geez, what a headache!

sending positive vibes your way Shelley!

Thank you for the positive vibes!! I need them SO badly :( I think with the hurricane coming, I have to leave for Vancouver on Saturday instead of Sunday. I guess I'll just have to find some things to do all by myself for the weekend. I'm sure I'll tour Olympic Park and I'll be sure to take my camera! At least after I get home it *should* be smooth sailing until the wedding :sohappy:

WDW_Princess24

Yes I hear you, after the earthquake now this hurricane is coming, ugh, what a mess! I've heard Vancouver is beautiful, hopefully you can share some of those pics when you get back!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Yes I hear you, after the earthquake now this hurricane is coming, ugh, what a mess! I've heard Vancouver is beautiful, hopefully you can share some of those pics when you get back!

Thank you and greetings from Vancouver! It's beautiful here and I will definitely post pics soon. I visited the Whistler Olympic Park yesterday and it was a 2 hr drive for me from Vancouver. Totally worth every minute, I got to drive through the beautiful BC mountains :)

Unfortunately, bad luck is looming...more to follow!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Disaster

So Jason got a call from DFTW today. They told him that because of the construction going on at the GF, we cannot have our wedding on 9.27.2011. I'm not even kidding you, this is the worst day of my life. I am SO MAD!!! Our check just cleared TODAY and they decided to call us after it cleared, of course. Otherwise, I would have put a stop on it IMMEDIATELY. I DID NOT pay over $11k to have them deny me my dream of getting married at the WP at the very last minute. We are just 25 days away from leaving for our wedding trip and I am absolutely LIVID. Jason said that the lady told us we have 2 options - we can either reschedule or get married at the top of Bay Lake Tower. Both options are inexcusable and now I'm feeling like I don't want a DFTW AT ALL!! THEY CANNOT DO THIS TO ME!!!!! I'M SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT :mad:

I have no idea what we are going to do, I'll keep you all posted. This is some serious BS from DFTW :fork:

Ravenclaw87

I just read this on the other board and had to come over here and see what you had to say... and OMG!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEM!!!!!

I am SO mad for you right now. SO mad. OMG!!!!!!

Neither of those options is acceptable. At all. They need to get their CRAP together!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I just read this on the other board and had to come over here and see what you had to say... and OMG!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEM!!!!!

I am SO mad for you right now. SO mad. OMG!!!!!!

Neither of those options is acceptable. At all. They need to get their CRAP together!

Thanks, Jackie :) Knowing that people are there for me in my time of need is crucial right now. I should get a medal for going on with this class I'm teaching like nothing is wrong. Or I should get an Oscar!! My students are doing exercises right now and I'm just sitting here fuming.

On another note, this should be the best day of my life, I have completely rocked this teaching thing. For someone who stutters, this is a BIG WIN for me. I doubt anyone in this class knows I stutter. I've been cool and confident the whole time, even in the face of this wedding nonsense. GO ME!!

sweetpee_1993

Oh Shelley, love.....I had kinda a crappy afternoon anyway....but this is just too much. I'm so sad for you. And crying. How awful. Why can't they do the wedding? Why? What is being done on that beach that prevents you from being able to use the pavillion??? That makes no sense. Ugh. Disney better make this right. They just have to. Your dream was not the top of Bay Lake Tower and you shouldn't have to settle. If they can't give you what you paid for then they need to come up with something better. If you ask me, they need to put you in front of the castle, no questions asked. If you'd like, I'll send them a stern letter on your behalf as well letting them know this isn't about satisfying paying customers...it's about doing the right thing...and not snatching someone's life-long dreams from beneath their very feet. Screwin' the pooch on this one is not an option for them. They need to put up or get ready to shell out the big bucks to cover your costs to reschedule all your travel arrangements as well as for that of your guests.

I'm just sick right now. Bless your heart. Let us know what happens.

And I'm dead serious about writing a letter for you. I believe you could get a full letter-writing campaign from your friends. We'll show 'em!

Oh No! Shelley! I cannot believe that happened! As soon as I read you post I about flipped out! I am about through the roof! I cannot wait to hear what happens when you call!! However, I agree with the it better be in front of the castle. The fact that you are less than a month away and paid up and now they tell you is wrong. I have no idea what I would do if that was me!

I bet that DF will post on here once he reads too. I know Robby is set on WP and if that happened to us he would get mad.

How did Jason react and how did he break it to you? I bet that was pretty hard for him to tell you :(

You know we are all here to support you, and especially since a bunch of us will be here around your big day we got your back 100%!

Let me know if I have to go over there tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind :fork:

On a good note: GLAD to hear Vancouver is going so well for you! I wish I could go to the Olympic Park!! Sounds like you are rocking it with the kids and you should just keep going! It will make you feel better about this other stuff going on! Always focus on a positive and those kids right now are a GREAT one!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Oh Shelley, love.....I had kinda a crappy afternoon anyway....but this is just too much. I'm so sad for you. And crying. How awful. Why can't they do the wedding? Why? What is being done on that beach that prevents you from being able to use the pavillion??? That makes no sense. Ugh. Disney better make this right. They just have to. Your dream was not the top of Bay Lake Tower and you shouldn't have to settle. If they can't give you what you paid for then they need to come up with something better. If you ask me, they need to put you in front of the castle, no questions asked. If you'd like, I'll send them a stern letter on your behalf as well letting them know this isn't about satisfying paying customers...it's about doing the right thing...and not snatching someone's life-long dreams from beneath their very feet. Screwin' the pooch on this one is not an option for them. They need to put up or get ready to shell out the big bucks to cover your costs to reschedule all your travel arrangements as well as for that of your guests.

I'm just sick right now. Bless your heart. Let us know what happens.

And I'm dead serious about writing a letter for you. I believe you could get a full letter-writing campaign from your friends. We'll show 'em!

Thank you so much, Kelly. I am so touched by the outpouring of support I've gotten from people on the internet. I LOVE your idea about the castle courtyard as the only viable change of venue and I will demand that when I talk to them tomorrow. I'm feeling very alone right now, I might as well be 10 million miles from home here in Vancouver and although I am with work people, I do feel very alone. The fact that Jason broke this news to me during my lunch break today AND I didn't cry AND I went on teaching my class must earn me some sort of medal in some book. All this after an earthquake and a hurricane?? WTH??? Anyway, I do believe that everything happens for a reason so we'll have to wait and see what the reason is for this rain of crap.

Oh No! Shelley! I cannot believe that happened! As soon as I read you post I about flipped out! I am about through the roof! I cannot wait to hear what happens when you call!! However, I agree with the it better be in front of the castle. The fact that you are less than a month away and paid up and now they tell you is wrong. I have no idea what I would do if that was me!

I bet that DF will post on here once he reads too. I know Robby is set on WP and if that happened to us he would get mad.

How did Jason react and how did he break it to you? I bet that was pretty hard for him to tell you :(

You know we are all here to support you, and especially since a bunch of us will be here around your big day we got your back 100%!

Let me know if I have to go over there tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind :fork:

On a good note: GLAD to hear Vancouver is going so well for you! I wish I could go to the Olympic Park!! Sounds like you are rocking it with the kids and you should just keep going! It will make you feel better about this other stuff going on! Always focus on a positive and those kids right now are a GREAT one!

Thank you SO much, like I said earlier the outpouring of support I have gotten from people has been astounding.

So here's how it went down - our wedding planner called Jason and not me. First mistake. She has my new cell phone number that I'm using for work and it's printed in our contract. I can only think that she is a coward and did not want a conflict with me so she contacted Jason instead. After she spoke to him with the national director of fairytale weddings, they emailed HIM pictures of the Bay Lake Tower venue. Mistake #2. They should have copied me on the email, what were they thinking?? So when I got a break from class today (I'm teaching software development to adults btw, much harder than teaching children) I called Jason to check in and that's when he broke the news. He was incredibly upset and I know that this was the hardest thing he ever had to tell me. He said that the lagoon is going to be drained completely that week and there was going to be noise from the construction which is why we could not have our wedding. I just sat there in shock AND I was having lunch with 3 colleagues so I had to keep my cool and act like everything was ok. THEN I proceeded to continue on with my day and I finished teaching the class like nothing was wrong. All of this from a girl who has a HUGE fear of public speaking because I stutter. I'm telling you, I ROCKED that class. No one would even know I had a stutter. I should be elated because I just overcame something in my life that has had me at rock bottom before. I'm sorry for the runon paragraph here but I'm so filled with emotion right now I can't help it! On the one hand, I'm incredibly proud of myself for what I accomplished today but on the other hand, my world is falling apart. But I do think that everything happens for a reason so we'll just have to wait and see.

I am planning to get up at 5AM Vancouver time to give DFTW a call when they open at 8AM. I will definitely keep everyone posted but my plan is to remain calm. No one wants to deal with a Bridezilla and I'll show them how classy I am. I am going to be very stern and tell them like it is. I did not pay to get married at Bay Lake Tower. I paid to get married at the WP. It has been my dream to get married there and as I type this I am shaking uncontrollably with anger, fear, resentment, and any other feeling that one person could possibly feel at one time. Here's a list of the demands I plan to make, anyone feel free to add anything! I plan to be as ridiculous as possible because this situation is as ridiculous as possible.

1. 100% Refund, we are not paying a dime for our wedding or honeymoon, including dining
2. Venue change to the Cinderella Castle courtyard
3. All of our guests should be able to stay on property for free with free park passes AND dining
4. Jason and I should get lifetime passes to all 4 WDW parks, water parks, and Disney Quest
5. Free Vow Renewal at the WP in 1 year

I am going to tell them that if they do not comply with these requests, I am going to seek legal council. That's my plan, everyone please pray for me and I will keep you posted on what happens.

Again, thank you all so much (even lurkers) for reading this and supporting me in my time of need. Something beautiful has happened from this situation, it has brought us together whether we meet in person or not. You are all a part of my life and I hope it stays that way. ::hugs::

TomHendricks

I know you're upset but most likely this was not their fault. They probably were told by DVC that they could continue with weddings but then something in the construction phase has changed that. So the Wedding Planners had no control of this what so ever.

They are not going to into your demands, they can just book someone else's wedding into you slot and move on. You also have little legal recourse because they are offering alternative wedding venues. I know this sucks, but you have to look at the bigger picture. I know your dream is to get married here, so you need to be flexible. Imagine if a hurricane came through and destroyed the Wedding Pavilion, you would be looking for a new place.

The MOST important this is the ceremony, not really the venue. You will still have our Disney dream wedding, just in a little different location. We wanted to get married at the pavilion but it was already booked for our day, so we found a location we felt in the end was even better.

Chin up girl, everything will work out.

Thank you so much, Kelly. I am so touched by the outpouring of support I've gotten from people on the internet. I LOVE your idea about the castle courtyard as the only viable change of venue and I will demand that when I talk to them tomorrow. I'm feeling very alone right now, I might as well be 10 million miles from home here in Vancouver and although I am with work people, I do feel very alone. The fact that Jason broke this news to me during my lunch break today AND I didn't cry AND I went on teaching my class must earn me some sort of medal in some book. All this after an earthquake and a hurricane?? WTH??? Anyway, I do believe that everything happens for a reason so we'll have to wait and see what the reason is for this rain of crap.

Thank you SO much, like I said earlier the outpouring of support I have gotten from people has been astounding.

So here's how it went down - our wedding planner called Jason and not me. First mistake. She has my new cell phone number that I'm using for work and it's printed in our contract. I can only think that she is a coward and did not want a conflict with me so she contacted Jason instead. After she spoke to him with someone named Cindy, they emailed HIM pictures of the Bay Lake Tower venue. Mistake #2. They should have copied me on the email, what were they thinking?? So when I got a break from class today (I'm teaching software development to adults btw, much harder than teaching children) I called Jason to check in and that's when he broke the news. He was incredibly upset and I know that this was the hardest thing he ever had to tell me. He said that the lagoon is going to be drained completely that week and there was going to be noise from the construction which is why we could not have our wedding. I just sat there in shock AND I was having lunch with 3 colleagues so I had to keep my cool and act like everything was ok. THEN I proceeded to continue on with my day and I finished teaching the class like nothing was wrong. All of this from a girl who has a HUGE fear of public speaking because I stutter. I'm telling you, I ROCKED that class. No one would even know I had a stutter. I should be elated because I just overcame something in my life that has had me at rock bottom before. I'm sorry for the runon paragraph here but I'm so filled with emotion right now I can't help it! On the one hand, I'm incredibly proud of myself for what I accomplished today but on the other hand, my world is falling apart. But I do think that everything happens for a reason so we'll just have to wait and see.

I am planning to get up at 5AM Vancouver time to give DFTW a call when they open at 8AM. I will definitely keep everyone posted but my plan is to remain calm. No one wants to deal with a Bridezilla and I'll show them how classy I am. I am going to be very stern and tell them like it is. I did not pay to get married at Bay Lake Tower. I paid to get married at the WP. It has been my dream to get married there and as I type this I am shaking uncontrollably with anger, fear, resentment, and any other feeling that one person could possibly feel at one time. Here's a list of the demands I plan to make, anyone feel free to add anything! I plan to be as ridiculous as possible because this situation is as ridiculous as possible.

1. 100% Refund, we are not paying a dime for our wedding or honeymoon, including dining
2. Venue change to the Cinderella Castle courtyard
3. All of our guests should be able to stay on property for free with free park passes AND dining
4. Jason and I should get lifetime passes to all 4 WDW parks, water parks, and Disney Quest
5. Free Vow Renewal at the WP in 1 year

I am going to tell them that if they do not comply with these requests, I am going to seek legal council for emotional distress. That's my plan, everyone please pray for me and I will keep you posted on what happens.

Again, thank you all so much (even lurkers) for reading this and supporting me in my time of need. Something beautiful has happened from this situation, it has brought us together whether we meet in person or not. You are all a part of my life and I hope it stays that way. ::hugs::

sweetpee_1993

I know you're upset but most likely this was not their fault. They probably were told by DVC that they could continue with weddings but then something in the construction phase has changed that. So the Wedding Planners had no control of this what so ever.

They are not going to into your demands, they can just book someone else's wedding into you slot and move on. You also have little legal recourse because they are offering alternative wedding venues. I know this sucks, but you have to look at the bigger picture. I know your dream is to get married here, so you need to be flexible. Imagine if a hurricane came through and destroyed the Wedding Pavilion, you would be looking for a new place.

The MOST important this is the ceremony, not really the venue. You will still have our Disney dream wedding, just in a little different location. We wanted to get married at the pavilion but it was already booked for our day, so we found a location we felt in the end was even better.

Chin up girl, everything will work out.

I disagree completely. Does Disney leave themselves legal loopholes in their contracts? Yes, but it doesn't make it right for them to exploit them for their own gain. It doesn't make it okay to screw people over this way. Shelley's dream since she was 10 years old was never to get married on top of a hotel at WDW. It was to get married at the WP. That's what Disney offered her, that's what she paid for, that's what they accepted payment for, and that's exactly what she should receive. If a guest couldnt honor their commitments when booked to travel to Disney there's a cost to be paid. That should go both ways. This isn't about the legal garbage, this is about doing the right thing and honoring a commitment.

Construction can take an hour break. What a bunch of chumps. I worked on multi- multi- million dollar projects. Don't think for a minute they don't halt a job to have little safety award cookouts and things like that. I worked on a job where every person onsite, a couple thousand people, were brought together to stand for a picture for 1/2 an hour that was taken from a basket on a crane to get everyone in. You cannot tell me that the project management for that site weren't aware of the fact that there's a wedding pavilion adjacent to them. They should've taken that into consideration when running their schedules. This should've been planned for from the time they made the decision to build there. Poor planning on their part should not create a debacle on anyone else's. Period.

The fact that Shelley's wedding planner called her fiancé with this instead of having the balls to call her is absolute garbage. It's cowardly and, to be honest, underhanded and ty. Sending him emails trying to get him to commit to a change of venue behind Shelley's back??? I don't think they could get more unprofessional and/or low. That alone speaks volumes.

Shelley, I think you should add to your list a change of wedding planner. Someone that inconsiderate of you has no business handling anything pertaining to the biggest day/event of your life. I think that person also owes you a huge apology. Those 2 things are not options at this point. Old planner apologizes and you get a different planner.

I stand firm that if Disney can't honor their commitment they should offer you something better. I'm sorry but even according to their own pricing the order of venue quality is: resorts & other locations, Wedding Pavillion, then in the MK. I don't see how they can think BLT is a good alternative. You can still see the lagoon from there! Duh!

Another option you might offer is for them to reschedule you with them footing the expense of all penalties associated for you and all your guests. I don't think anything you listed is unreasonable. Disney gives away free perks and things all the time. The least they can do is the right thing for a life-long paying guest.

Be sure to remind them that making things right is not an option. Let 'em know you have a small army of people poised to storm the chain of command on your behalf. This will not end with them if they don't make this right so they need to make their choices carefully. This ain't no game. There won't be do-overs.

And kudos to you for rockin' the teaching yesterday! You are the woman!

I said it before & I'll say it again. I'm here. Say the word and I'll be burning up the phone lines, sending emails, and written letters shall scream outta here.

All my love, sweetie. You know that. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom