Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We only waited about 5 minutes for this :)
fullsizeoutput_4d5d.jpeg

DSC_0070.JPG

We were starving after this because the only thing we had to eat all morning was a cookie my Mom had in her backpack from the Christmas party :joyfull: We were debating about to eat when we walked by TSM and it had a 10 minute wait so we figured why not!
We could complete the Toy Story Land trifecta!
IMG_0680D.JPG

IMG_0684D.JPG

IMG_0686D.JPG

IMG_0687D.JPG

IMG_0688D.JPG

We always try to guess who will be on the car and I ALWAYS guess Hamm but I am never right. For once!
IMG_0692D.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

:joyfull: Not my best
IMG_0696D.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Chess board wall?
IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

At this point they were already at boarding group 25 and it was not even 9 am yet. We thought about going back to POFQ, but we figured it was better to stick around-ish just in case. You have 2 hours to get back to the park when your boarding group is called, but we did not want to take any chances. Nothing appealed to us to eat at HS so we decided we would head out and take the Skyliner to Epcot.
PP picture on the way out.
My Mom is wearing the baby Yoda shirt my sister made me :)
586815568.jpeg

I took this photo at 8:53 am
IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

Thumbs up only that we got one...I do feel bad for people who did not know to get there early.
IMG_0705.JPG

Then it was Skyliner time!
IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

Next up: Epcot

Matt and Kelly

I’m scared we won’t get a boarding group when we go next week! We are planning to go to Hollywood studios the day of the 5k. So Matt has already said I better run fast and get to the park. I think they changed the park opening to 7 am. With all the races you have ran, is it pretty easy to exit soon as pass the finish line? Also we always guess our character for toy story too!
kelly

slipperalwaysfits

I will not share any of them except this one of my Dad with his Jack tsum tsum because you will see it in pretty much all the photos :hilarious:

Great pic of your dad!

Club Tinsel

I'd never heard of Club Tinsel but now I'm excited about it for next year!

When we got off our first ride the line was much shorter so we hopped back in! This time we waited less than 20 minutes. Clearly everyone went to SDD then left

Wow! I am glad I read these TR's so I know to get to the park super early for the RotR boarding line!

We always try to guess who will be on the car and I ALWAYS guess Hamm but I am never right. For once!

May the odds be ever in your favor!o_O

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I seriously don’t know how we missed each other! Looks like we arrived at DHS at nearly the exact same time, then hung around TSL at about the same time, then got on the skyliner at about the same time!

What really !?!?!? That's so crazy !

I’m scared we won’t get a boarding group when we go next week! We are planning to go to Hollywood studios the day of the 5k. So Matt has already said I better run fast and get to the park. I think they changed the park opening to 7 am. With all the races you have ran, is it pretty easy to exit soon as pass the finish line? Also we always guess our character for toy story too!
kelly

Yes definitely! I have never done a 5K but I would imagine its pretty similar to the rest. As soon as you get your medal its like a 3 minute walk to the buses back to the resorts. We usually don't stick around and get right on a bus. Good luck with the run(s) both of you! I'm still stalking the app and it looks like they are sticking pretty close to the opening time thankfully (now that they have been changing hours).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great pic of your dad!

I'd never heard of Club Tinsel but now I'm excited about it for next year!

Wow! I am glad I read these TR's so I know to get to the park super early for the RotR boarding line!

May the odds be ever in your favor!o_O

Club Tinsel is the best! I swear its the only think we ever really do at the Christmas parties :hilarious: They have both reindeer and polar bears that dance with you - as well as elves! I know its kind of a shame how early you have to get there but at least they changed the opening times to better reflect when they actually open. I'm sure they got some backlash from the first few days

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
At Epcot our first goal was to find something to eat so we headed to Norway for some Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
I had a troll horn
DSC_0076.JPG

And my Mom had this adorable Bruni cupcake
IMG_0712.JPG

Then some random Norway photos
IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

The boarding groups were barely moving at this point. It never occurred to me we may not get on at all/get evacuated off the ride until around this point :joyfull: I was starting to get super nervous about how slow it was moving. Anyway - we pressed on and headed to ride Soarin'. It is weird when you don't have any FPs (we had some for the evening at HS) - we usually don't wait in stand-by lines much to be honest :)
IMG_0719D.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

Then we checked out the Epcot Experience
IMG_0729D.JPG

IMG_0731D.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Even though we just ate like an hour before this we were still hungry so we headed to La Cantina for lunch (well - I should say after some shopping and changing into shorts because it was getting super hot).
IMG_0734.JPG

We both got kids cheese empanadas :happy: YUM
IMG_0737.JPG

We made a promise we would not check the boarding pass until 11:30 so we checked at lunch. They finally moved and they were on boarding group 37 ! Woohoo!
After this we wandered around World Showcase !
We stopped for a treat in Germany.
Sea Salted Caramel for my Mom
IMG_0742.JPG

And I had this butter cake thing - I can not remember its actual name but it was so good!
IMG_0744.JPG

Then we really meandered around World Showcase
IMG_0747.JPG

file-175.jpg

file-176.jpg

587029739.jpeg

587029695.jpeg

Next up: some more wandering

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We waited awhile to look at the boarding group and it was still progressing nicely so we decided to walk over to HS via the Boardwalk.
We got to HS right around the time they got to boarding group 46 - so close!!
fullsizeoutput_4da6.jpeg

At this point my sister, Dad and Max were getting ready to head over and meet us after the ride. Their journey over took well over an hour due to multiple reasons so my Mom and I felt good that we ended up not going back. This could have made us miss our ride time.
Anyway...while we waited for our number 50 to be called we took some photos
DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4db1.jpeg

DSC_0088.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4db2.jpeg

587083141.jpeg

587083303.jpeg

Then we sat outside of Galaxy's Edge waiting for 50. It was 49 for awhile....
There seemed to be a ton of people leaving the land.
IMG_0753.JPG

Then 50 was finally called!!!
IMG_0757.JPG

Next up: Rise of the Resistance

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Ah!! We were so excited! There is something so amazing/nerve wracking/exciting about knowing you are going to ride an attraction for the first time ever. This time was even more exciting because everyone said this one was incredible!
IMG_0758.JPG

When we first checked in we only had to show them my phone which I thought was odd. However, further in the line they did scan everyone's Magic Bands.
I am going to put the rest of the photos under a spoiler just in case someone does not want to see the attraction. My photo's aren't that great because I was not planning on actually taking them :joyfull:

Que photos:
fullsizeoutput_4db3.jpeg

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0767D.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0774D.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Again - spoiler just in case you do not want to see them

Pre- show
IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0779D.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

After the pre-show you head outside again (which I thought was cool) before loading the first part of the ride.
fullsizeoutput_4db4.jpeg

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

The ride is broken up into so many pieces - it is kind of hard to explain. This next part you get on a ship and stand while you travel. Honestly - I need to ride this attraction like 10 more times to fully get all the detail.
IMG_0791.JPG

Next up: more Rise

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued

The ship you are on is captured by the First Order and they storm the ship - everyone is SO in character its crazy. It did not even feel like we were actually traveling yet somehow we end up in this giant room of storm troopers. SO COOL! It's hard to appreciate just how big it is in there.
IMG_0793D.JPG

After this room you get into another que of sorts
Then the first order people (I honestly don't know what to call them :hilarious: ) sort you into a jail type area!
IMG_0798D.JPG

IMG_0800D.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

This is one of the coolest parts - I won't spoil it but the resistance rescues you...
IMG_0804.JPG

Then you get in a vehicle that they commandeered
IMG_0805.JPG

Ride photos - this is the actual main part of the attraction
IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0811D.JPG

And you end up back outside when the ride is over.
IMG_0812D.JPG

All I can really say is - WOW! This was unlike anything I have seen before. Its a ton of attractions all rolled up into one!!! I am so happy we got to experience the whole thing without it breaking down too. I would not consider myself a huge Star Wars fan and my Mom definitely is not one at all and we both had a blast. I even got a little teary eyed just thinking about how amazing of a job Imagineering did! Did I understand everything ? Nope ! Like I said I need to ride it a bunch more times to understand it or see things completely! I definitely can not wait to ride it again! AHHH !! I literally had such an amazing endorphin and adrenaline rush after riding too - it was so action packed. All I can say is - you need to ride it!!

Next up: more HS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom