Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Crush continued
IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437D.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0441D.JPG

It was Max's first time seeing Crush and he really like it. Or...so we thought...until just yesterday he randomly told my sister he was mad he missed Soarin' :joyfull:
After this we briskly walked to Italy for our lunch plans.
Jill really wanted to go to Via Napoli for lunch for her birthday. I had a very hard time finding a reservation but eventually about a month before the trip I got one!
IMG_0443D.JPG

I took this photo because I could not understand why it was so hard to find a reservation when the restaurant was practically empty.
IMG_0445D.JPG

IMG_0446D.JPG

Anyway - back to lunch.
We started off with bread.
IMG_0447D.JPG

Then we got the large Mezzo Metro pepperoni pizza and a large picante to share
IMG_0448D.JPG

IMG_0449D.JPG

Next up: more lunch

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
I decorated our window a bit for Christmas - my name was just cut off
IMG_0466.JPG

Then we spent some time by the pool (not in it - it was still fairly cold out)
IMG_0468.JPG

We did not have any evening plans, but Jill wanted to go to Disney Springs and I wanted to see the Tree Trail so off we went!
We headed down to the boat.
DSC_0249.JPG

Max was my boat buddy - until it got to be too cold :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0474D.JPG

Some photos from the boat...
fullsizeoutput_4c6b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4c6c.jpeg

First stop was the Christmas Tree Trail!
We did check in for Santa but the wait was like an hour or something crazy so we figured we would miss it and we did.
fullsizeoutput_4c6d.jpeg

I took a bunch of tree photos but they are a bit rushed and the lighting was weird so sorry :facepalm:
fullsizeoutput_4c6e.jpeg

DSC_0263.JPG

Next up: more Tree Trail

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
For some reason we got super separated at this point. Max was not into the tree trail and he was hungry so my Dad and Betta took him to get food. Then - Jill and Nick stopped at the bar in the middle and somehow my Mom and I were on separate sides of the trail. I was not answering my phone because I was trying to take photos and did not feel it. Thankfully it's not huge in there and we all found each other - well the people who were left in there anyway :hilarious:
My favorite ornament - I wish they sold it :cry:
DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

SNOAP!
DSC_0283.JPG

I did also end up getting a drink - this was a Claus-mo and it was delicious (and super strong).
DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

Pinocchio's nose :hilarious:
DSC_0287.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4c79.jpeg

IMG_0476.JPG

Next up: almost done with the trail

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Back at POFQ we stopped to get some dinner. Betta and Max went back to their room but the rest of us ate.
My food photos are terrible ...
My Mom, Jill and I had Mac and cheese - Nick had fried chicken which I did not take a photo of - but is what is in the corner of that dish :hilarious:
IMG_0505D.JPG

My Dad had jambalaya
IMG_0504D.JPG

Then my Mom got some ice cream
IMG_0506D.JPG

Which we pretended was Jill's Birthday cake
IMG_0508D.JPG

POFQ has a whole new set up. There's an actual bar space now for Cat Scat's Club and the old bar space is where you get the beignets. We briefly looked in the lounge area...
IMG_0510D.JPG

Then said goodbye to Jill and Nick as they were leaving SUPER early the next day.
My Dad and I decided to get some beignets
I got some infused with baileys (which were not as great as I would have hoped) and my Dad just got regular kind.
IMG_0512D.JPG

Please enjoy my Mom's lovely photos...
IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

And that was it - for some reason we all went to bed super early this day!

Next up: Day 4

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 December 6, 2019
We got up, got ready and grabbed some breakfast.
This is Max's pancake/bacon
IMG_0521D.JPG

My Mom's waffle
IMG_0522D.JPG

My Dad and I just had tater tots or something.
After this we hopped on a bus to AK!
DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

Thank goodness for AP line !
DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

We split up at this point. Betta took Max to the Outpost to meet Mickey and Minnie and my Mom and Dad and I headed to Everest.
DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

Next up: more AK

Oh bother!

Day 4 continued
View attachment 435852
For some reason this is the first time we have ever seen this eagle!
View attachment 435853
View attachment 435854
Meanwhile ....
View attachment 435850
View attachment 435851
After this we met back up and headed over towards Pandora.
Cool wall along the way.
View attachment 435855
View attachment 435856
Pandora...
View attachment 435857
View attachment 435858

Next up: more AK
I asked my OH if that eagle had always been there during our trip.... he swears it has but I’d never noticed either 😬

slipperalwaysfits

I took this photo because I could not understand why it was so hard to find a reservation when the restaurant was practically empty

I never understand why it's so hard to find a reservation and then you see the restaurant half empty! That's happened to us before!

The Christmas Tree Trail is really fun...I love looking at all the different movie and character trees!

Then my Mom and I rode with out FP - my Dad felt good with one ride

I love, love, love Everest! :geek::geek::geek: Because of the turns at the end, my max is 4 times in a row but it's such a fun ride!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
LOL, I noticed your Mom always eats Mickey waffles for breakfast! So do I! I love them. I get the kid's meal with the grapes, so good!!!!
You are right, your sister does not look 40 y/o:) loving your report!

She LOVES waffles - she eats them all the time here too :hilarious:
Thanks for reading !

I asked my OH if that eagle had always been there during our trip.... he swears it has but I’d never noticed either 😬

I swear I've never seen it before !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I never understand why it's so hard to find a reservation and then you see the restaurant half empty! That's happened to us before!

The Christmas Tree Trail is really fun...I love looking at all the different movie and character trees!

I love, love, love Everest! :geek::geek::geek: Because of the turns at the end, my max is 4 times in a row but it's such a fun ride!

I love the Tree Trail! I wish I could have spent more time there!
I love Everest too - I feel like I could keep riding it forever but I'm sure there is a limit :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We had a FP for NRJ so we headed there next
I really did not take any photos I guess :hilarious:
IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

Our next FP was for the Safari. We knew it would take my sister awhile to get there due to the crutches so my Mom and I went to get a Night Blossom while she hobbled over.
IMG_0571.JPG

Moss Wall Photos...apparently this is a thing. We saw it in an article before we left :)
IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

Then we walked over to Africa
I spotted this Pumba along the way
IMG_0573D.JPG

And a light ....
DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

Then we headed onto the Safari. P.S. you stroller park before getting in the FP line now. The CM said it was because it was holding up the line too much which makes sense.
fullsizeoutput_4cb8.jpeg

DSC_0323.JPG

Next up: more Safari

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After taking the bus back to POFQ we stopped for some lunch.
My Mom, Max, and I all had Mac and cheese again :happy:
IMG_0587D.JPG

My sister had the Sassagoula Power Salad (Shredded Kale, Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, and Radicchio with Quinoa, Dried Cranberries, Mandarin Oranges, Walnuts, and Red Onions with a Citrus Vinaigrette)- she asked for shrimp but got chicken instead which she took as a sign that maybe the shrimp wasn't good or something :joyfull:
IMG_0588D.JPG

My Dad got the voodoo chicken sandwich (Grilled Chicken Breast with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Swiss, and Voodoo Sauce on a Brioche Bun)
fullsizeoutput_4cbc.jpeg

We also got some beignets (which I over-ordered)
IMG_0590.JPG

After this we split up a bit. My Mom, Dad and I hung out around the pool (but not in - still not super warm out) and my sister and Max went back to the room so he could take a nap.
It said 77 but I do not think it was - felt colder
IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

Somehow my Mom and I ended up in the arcade to play Air Hockey - we got into this in October at the Contemporary arcade :hilarious:
IMG_0597D.JPG

IMG_0598D.JPG

file-173.jpg

Next up: MVMCP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom