Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

Minnesota disney fan

I had to laugh at your t-shirt! My daughter (in the blue shirt in the picture) has a t-shirt just like it. I always get a giggle out of it!
We've got 2 months before our trip!!!! Yea! Enjoying your report and dreaming of POFQ, where we will be staying!

LisaBelle

I've been away from the boards for a bit, so I was super happy to find this Christmas TR from you! Have never been to Disney at Christmas. Candlelight Processional is on my bucket list. Would LOVE to see NPH! Looks like you all were having so much fun. I can't believe how grown up Max is! Happy Birthday to Jill! She definitely does not look like she's 40!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I had to laugh at your t-shirt! My daughter (in the blue shirt in the picture) has a t-shirt just like it. I always get a giggle out of it!
We've got 2 months before our trip!!!! Yea! Enjoying your report and dreaming of POFQ, where we will be staying!

Oh yay! 2 months is not very far away - we will be there in 2 months too! I love all the T-rex shirts they always make me laugh!

I've been away from the boards for a bit, so I was super happy to find this Christmas TR from you! Have never been to Disney at Christmas. Candlelight Processional is on my bucket list. Would LOVE to see NPH! Looks like you all were having so much fun. I can't believe how grown up Max is! Happy Birthday to Jill! She definitely does not look like she's 40!

Disney at Christmas is so special - I hope you get to go someday! I know Max looks like an actual kid now o_O

Minnesota disney fan

Where are you staying in 2 months? We will be there February 25 thru the 4th of March at POFQ.
If we see you, I will give a Hi and hope you don't go running away! LOL! My daughter is once again comin with my husband and I. She is staying for only 4 days, but we always have a great time. She comes along mostly for the warm weather and sitting at the pool, :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back in the room we got ready for MVMCP and headed out. We were about to miss a bus but could not run due to #crutches. BUT, while my Mom and I were closer to the bus my Dad called us back because ......
DSC_0339.JPG

They offered us a free Minnie Van since they were training !!
IMG_0609D.JPG

It was so nice and we had a great conversation with both drivers! On the way there Max was quiet and when I asked why he said he was "distracted by the animals" - we were all like what? Turns out there were a bunch of deer that we finally saw. It was so funny when he said the word distracted - like how on Earth did he come up with that?!
DSC_0340.JPG

We stopped right away for a ton of PP pictures
586595707.jpeg
586501330.jpeg

586501590.jpeg

Max looked like he was welding the fence with bubbles :)
file-174.jpg

586519958.jpeg

586531417.jpeg

This photographer was super weird and took a lot of individual photos. I will not share any of them except this one of my Dad with his Jack tsum tsum because you will see it in pretty much all the photos :hilarious:
586532294.jpeg

Next up: more xmas party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Where are you staying in 2 months? We will be there February 25 thru the 4th of March at POFQ.
If we see you, I will give a Hi and hope you don't go running away! LOL! My daughter is once again comin with my husband and I. She is staying for only 4 days, but we always have a great time. She comes along mostly for the warm weather and sitting at the pool, :)

We will be there Feb 22-29 ! We are staying at the Yacht Club. Yes please say hi if you see us!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
First cookie! Actually the only cookie picture I took :happy:
IMG_0616D.JPG

More PP pictures...
586574141.jpeg

586573968.jpeg

After this I went to scope out the line situation for Pooh and Tigger (and friends) while my parents got a PP picture.
586535269.jpeg

And then my sister joined without me :rolleyes:
586535657.jpeg

There was only one person in the Pooh line so we decided to ride Under the Sea then check it out again.
IMG_0617D.JPG

IMG_0618D.JPG

IMG_0619D.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Next up: more party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After Under the Sea we headed back to the Pooh/Tigger line and there was still only one person in it. At this point it was already 6:00 and they come out at 6:30 so we decided to wait.
This is me trying to take nice photos...
DSC_0344.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

:hilarious:
DSC_0349.JPG

The gang came out right at 6:30 and we met them right away essentially which was nice!
586589763.jpeg

After this Max wanted to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride so we headed next door
DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

After this we ate dinner at Cosmic Rays (again...it's Max's favorite!). I did not take any photos because it was chaos in there. One of our absolute favorite parts of MVMCP is Club Tinsel so we were pleased it was just starting when we finished dinner.
IMG_0634D.JPG

IMG_0638D.JPG

Next up: more Club Tinsel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After this we debated about what to do. I really wanted to see the new fireworks, but my Mom and I also had some big early morning plans so we decided to head out. We missed the majority of the parade again as usual - maybe someday I will see the Christmas parade :hilarious:
SNOAP
IMG_0659D.JPG

We did pop in to see Mickey on the way out since he had no wait!
586710743.jpeg

586710828.jpeg

586711169.jpeg

586711902.jpeg

Next up: Day 5!

riverside

Premium Member
Then we headed onto the Safari. P.S. you stroller park before getting in the FP line now. The CM said it was because it was holding up the line too much which makes sense.
Thank goodness!! Holding up the line is an understatement. That was complete chaos & made no sense at all to me!!

Dory71

Being from South Louisiana I had to chuckle at the Jambalaya. That is not what jambalaya looks like here. Love that y’all had Zapp’s chips too. They are made in the town where I work!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank goodness!! Holding up the line is an understatement. That was complete chaos & made no sense at all to me!!

I agree. In the moment I was annoyed because we already tapped our bands but now looking back I realize how annoying that line usually is :hilarious:

Being from South Louisiana I had to chuckle at the Jambalaya. That is not what jambalaya looks like here. Love that y’all had Zapp’s chips too. They are made in the town where I work!

:hilarious: I have been to New Orleans many times and I laugh when I see the food at this food court sometimes. I LOVE THOSE CHIPS! We occasionally get them at our one grocery store here and I'm always buying them when I can.

Big Hair

Day 4 continued
View attachment 435852
For some reason this is the first time we have ever seen this eagle!
View attachment 435853
View attachment 435854
Meanwhile ....
View attachment 435850
View attachment 435851
After this we met back up and headed over towards Pandora.
Cool wall along the way.
View attachment 435855
View attachment 435856
Pandora...
View attachment 435857
View attachment 435858

Next up: more AK
I saw the eagle today. I always look to the right but saw it as we were traveling backwards. 4th time riding to see it but I thought it odd too.

k8einwdw

I saw the eagle today. I always look to the right but saw it as we were traveling backwards. 4th time riding to see it but I thought it odd too.

I just noticed the eagle on our most recent trip...and I’ve ridden Everest probably dozens of times at this point. My husband says he’s known it was there all along...I don’t believe him. 😂

Doc Disney

Original Poster

I just noticed the eagle on our most recent trip...and I’ve ridden Everest probably dozens of times at this point. My husband says he’s known it was there all along...I don’t believe him. 😂

Maybe it is because I always look to the right too ? 🤷‍♀️

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 December 7, 2019
So....this is 3 days after the official open of Rise of the Resistance. After tons and tons of instagram stalking/question asking (special thanks to @Ears to Disney ) , research etc my Mom and I decided we would try to get a boarding pass and see what happens. Initially we did not think we would try this trip, but once I learned it was a virtual que I was all geared up to go. I said I would go alone, but my Mom was right there with me wanting to try the new attraction! The park was scheduled to open at 9, but the previous 2 days it opened way earlier than it was supposed to so we figured we would try to get there around 7 am.
We got up around 6:20 am, got ready (quietly....my Dad was not interested in getting up early to join us), and grabbed a Lyft to HS. We pulled up right around 6:45 and the park was already open. From what I can gather it opened around 6:30/40ish so we weren't too late. Security went quickly and we got in the park fast too (despite my Mom's finger not working as per usual :hilarious: ). They were definitely well staffed and prepared. At exactly 6:50 am is when I was able to request a boarding pass via the app and we got boarding group 50! In order to join a boarding group you must be in the park (ie - its not like we could get one for my Dad since he was not there) , but you do not need to go anywhere special to get it - you just open the app as you walk in. I was so pleased we even got a boarding group! It is crazy, however, how early we were there and how far back we were. They ran out of boarding passes at 8:30ish am. So...30 minutes before the park even opened.
It did say we would likely ride around afternoon time, but since we were already there we decided to ride SDD.
DSC_0054.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4d55.jpeg

DSC_0061.JPG

I think everyone had the same idea since the wait time was listed as 50 minutes. It seemed like half the people got boarding passes and left and the other half stayed in the park. We waited about 40 minutes.
IMG_0664.JPG

586795295.jpeg

When we got off our first ride the line was much shorter so we hopped back in! This time we waited less than 20 minutes. Clearly everyone went to SDD then left :hilarious:
IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

586799242.jpeg

After our two rides we decided to ride Alien Swirling Saucers.
IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

Next up: more HSS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom