Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

ArmoredRodent

Should I go back to it and finish the movie??
Count me as a yes, even though this might be a bit late. If you're looking for deep story or super dialogue, this is the wrong movie. But if you're looking for cutting edge artistic animation (that's not anime), this is an excellent example. The later parts of the movie have some fabulous characters with amazing artistic effects. For example, if you're familiar with the Cubism movement, or Pablo Picasso, you HAVE to see the later characters (I'm desperately trying not to give spoilers). But if you don't mind spoilers, check this out on Youtube "From Picasso to Soul", with Director Pete Docter explaining how Pixar designed the ethereal characters of soul, and it does explain the relationship to Inside Out and several other movies. Hint: it's not the same, much less a retread of Inside Out.

Is it the greatest Pixar movie? No. But it has some stuff in it that makes the movie stand out.

MickeyCB

That was super fun to follow along, thank you for sharing!
And I just have to say your son seems like a dream! Very brave to try all of those rides and also appeared to be a very cooperative kid!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Count me as a yes, even though this might be a bit late. If you're looking for deep story or super dialogue, this is the wrong movie. But if you're looking for cutting edge artistic animation (that's not anime), this is an excellent example. The later parts of the movie have some fabulous characters with amazing artistic effects. For example, if you're familiar with the Cubism movement, or Pablo Picasso, you HAVE to see the later characters (I'm desperately trying not to give spoilers). But if you don't mind spoilers, check this out on Youtube "From Picasso to Soul", with Director Pete Docter explaining how Pixar designed the ethereal characters of soul, and it does explain the relationship to Inside Out and several other movies. Hint: it's not the same, much less a retread of Inside Out.

Is it the greatest Pixar movie? No. But it has some stuff in it that makes the movie stand out.
Great explanation!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
That was super fun to follow along, thank you for sharing!
And I just have to say your son seems like a dream! Very brave to try all of those rides and also appeared to be a very cooperative kid!

Thank you! We are very lucky. He's always been such a good, well behaved, sweet child.

Wonderful trip report! Cam looks like he had a blast! Wishing him the best for tomorrow.

Thank you so much, he had the time of his life which made even more special for us. And he's very excited about tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!

LisaBelle

I finally got around to reading the rest of your report. I loved every minute of it. You can tell you were all enjoying yourselves. It’s so much fun when the kiddos are big enough to ride everything! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I finally got around to reading the rest of your report. I loved every minute of it. You can tell you were all enjoying yourselves. It’s so much fun when the kiddos are big enough to ride everything! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Thank you. We really did have so much fun. You are right. It makes a big difference when they get big enough and brave enough to ride.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Just found this and got caught up! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast. I remember when my kids were finally 'brave' enough to experience their first time on some of the 'thrill' rides, it's a really special time and I am glad to follow along as Cam was experiencing that first time awesomeness!

I am also glad you got on ROTR, I would have felt like a real heel, because I was bragging like crazy how easy it was to get the boarding passes in my TR. :(

Thinking about it now, there were 5 of us trying while one of us ran the world clock, so I think my perception was extremely skewed.

ANYWAY - I am glad you guys had an awesome trip. You also reminded me that I missed the Karmell Kuche for the first time in all our trips. Which of course means I have to double up next time I go. ;)

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Just found this and got caught up! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast. I remember when my kids were finally 'brave' enough to experience their first time on some of the 'thrill' rides, it's a really special time and I am glad to follow along as Cam was experiencing that first time awesomeness!

I am also glad you got on ROTR, I would have felt like a real heel, because I was bragging like crazy how easy it was to get the boarding passes in my TR. :(

Thinking about it now, there were 5 of us trying while one of us ran the world clock, so I think my perception was extremely skewed.

ANYWAY - I am glad you guys had an awesome trip. You also reminded me that I missed the Karmell Kuche for the first time in all our trips. Which of course means I have to double up next time I go. ;)
Thank you! Yes, there's just something so awesome with that first time experience of riding the BIG rides.
LOL, well according to my husband it was easy. It just had to be him doing it. I blame it on being in the room and the connection. That's what I'm rolling with.

I always have to make that stop in Germany. I almost missed out though since the decision to go to Epcot that evening was a last minute decision. Yum!

Thank you for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom