Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
@joshsprincess921 You will not be disappointed in Trattoria al Forno for dinner. The pizzas are great an they even have a cheese one for kids. They also have other fantastic Italian meal options other than pizza as well. The desserts are great too as is the salad.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We eventually went back up to the room and got ready for dinner before walking over to Boardwalk. Once again, we were seated quickly. We were in an entirely different area of the restaurant than where we had breakfast, so that was nice.
IMG_3714.jpg

Our server brought out warm bread with an olive oil and olive tapenade. Sooo good and I didn't get a picture. So far things were looking promising.

For our entrees, I got a pizza with a side of olives (because apparently I really love olives).
IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

Cam got the kid's pizza.
IMG_3708.jpg

Josh got the chicken parm with the shrimp scampi side.
IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

The olives and shrimp scampi were very good, but the entrees were just ok for us. Josh thought his was really bland, but that could be that we are from Louisiana and are used to lots of spice. Lots of food taste bland to us when we travel. :joyfull: Unfortunately, the service was subpar. Our server took our order and that was the last time he stopped by our table (another person from the kitchen delivered our food). It wasn't until we flagged him down as he was zooming by, that we were able to ask him for a refill on our drinks. Eventually, he brought us a carafe of water and that was it until he brought the bill. Cam was sure to remind him that he was supposed to get gelato with his meal. I hate complaining, but we definitely had a better experience with breakfast than with dinner and I get that things get busy, but he was tending to the other tables in the room and it was almost as if he forgot about us sitting over in the corner. Regardless, we still had a nice time at dinner. While Cam enjoyed his gelato, we through around the idea of walking to EPCOT, but we were tired.

We enjoyed our walk back to the resort before calling it a night.
IMG_3715.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
What a lovely vacation you and your family look like you are having. Trattoria al Forno is one of my favorite places to eat although I have never ate there for breakfast the dinners are wonderful. It looks like your days at both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom have been fantastic and the weather has been beautiful. It also looks like you and your family have been able to experience quite a lot. Looking forward to more adventures.
Thanks for following! We did have a fantastic time.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
@joshsprincess921 You will not be disappointed in Trattoria al Forno for dinner. The pizzas are great an they even have a cheese one for kids. They also have other fantastic Italian meal options other than pizza as well. The desserts are great too as is the salad.

I don't know if I'd rule out trying dinner again, but we really like our breakfast there better than we did dinner.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
I don't know if I'd rule out trying dinner again, but we really like our breakfast there better than we did dinner.
I have never had the breakfast there, but from the photos you posted it looked great. The experience I had with dinner there our waiter was fantastic. I suppose it is just who you get and maybe even how busy it is at the time. I also like spice , but I am not from the Louisiana south so it is not like that. I am from New York City and I actually thought the Lasagna was really good. The dessert that I got was Tiramisu which I love and it was really tasty.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I have never had the breakfast there, but from the photos you posted it looked great. The experience I had with dinner there our waiter was fantastic. I suppose it is just who you get and maybe even how busy it is at the time. I also like spice , but I am not from the Louisiana south so it is not like that. I am from New York City and I actually thought the Lasagna was really good. The dessert that I got was Tiramisu which I love and it was really tasty.
I actually almost got the lasagna. You should give breakfast a try. I think you'd like it.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Friday, April 30th

It was our last full day and last park day and also my last day to have a chance at Rise of the Resistance. I set my alarm and woke Josh for his assistance. He pulled up the World Clock on his phone and we counted down to the second and DID NOT get a boarding group. :cry:We'd have one more chance at 1:00pm. I got ready and ordered some breakfast from Ale and Compass.

Cam spent some time on the balcony playing his Switch.
IMG_3718 (1).jpg

We picked up our breakfast and joined him.
IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

Once we were ready, we took the walking path to Hollywood Studios. We rope dropped Slinky Dog! I knew Cam was going to love it.
IMG_3722 (1).jpg

My Mom told Cam to send her a picture of him on Slinky. Only one problem here, you can't really see Cam because Josh was having so much fun. :joyfull:
IMG_3738.JPG

We went to Midway Mania next.
IMG_3723 (1).jpg

Cam was mad that he lost, so I pointed out that his accuracy was better than mine and that made him happy.
IMG_3725.jpg

Then finished up the Toy Story Land rides with a couple spins on Aliens!
IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
IMG_3729.jpg

Josh didn't want anything from Ale and Compass so he was starting to get hungry. We put in an order from Woody's Lunchbox and didn't wait very long before it was ready.
IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

Josh had the Totchos which he absolutely loved and Cam and I split the pop tart. It was devine!
IMG_3732.jpg

It was 9:30 and we had done everything there was to do in Toy Story Land with no wait at all. By the time we were leaving, the line for Midway Mania stretched out way past the entrance to Toy Story Land.

What should we do after eating? Ride Tower of Terror of course! No worries because this was the longest line we waited in the entire week. We waited a full hour. This is one of Josh's favorites and Cam had the courage to go on so we said, why not.
IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3794.JPG

Cam didn't cry or anything, but when it was over he said never again! LOL!

Stopped to take some PP on Sunset.
IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3749.jpg

Rockin' Roller Coaster was up to an hour wait as well and we wouldn't have had time to do it before lunch plus Cam hadn't gotten brave enough for that was yet, so we meandered on. We stopped to watch the little Mickey cartoon. I thought the chairs were cute.
IMG_3739.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
IMG_3740.jpg

We walked around the corner and checked in for lunch at Sci-Fi.
IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

Cam said at one point that the movies were inappropriate for him. He said this is horror movies. That he saw someone getting killed and another person with razor teeth. :hilarious: Just as he said that, Tom and Jerry came on and he got happy about that.
IMG_3753.jpg

Cam was really into finding Hidden Mickeys and was so proud of finding this one on the car.
IMG_3744.jpg

I ordered the seasonal burger which had pimento cheese, fried green tomato and bacon. I loved it! Josh got the regular cheeseburger with a milk shake and of course, Cam got the kid's cheeseburger. We all really enjoyed our meal and the A/C felt so good!
IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3754.JPG

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
View attachment 556965

We walked around the corner and checked in for lunch at Sci-Fi.
View attachment 556966
View attachment 556967

Cam said at one point that the movies were inappropriate for him. He said this is horror movies. That he saw someone getting killed and another person with razor teeth. :hilarious: Just as he said that, Tom and Jerry came on and he got happy about that.
View attachment 556976

Cam was really into finding Hidden Mickeys and was so proud of finding this one on the car.
View attachment 556968

I ordered the seasonal burger which had pimento cheese, fried green tomato and bacon. I loved it! Josh got the regular cheeseburger with a milk shake and of course, Cam got the kid's cheeseburger. We all really enjoyed our meal and the A/C felt so good!
View attachment 556975

View attachment 556969
Not to say I didn't like the atmosphere of the Sci Fi restaurant , but your family seems to be having the opposite reactions to dining then I did when I was there. I did not like the Sci Fi meal. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Salad and it really wasn't that great in my opinion. I also had ate at the 50's Prime Time and enjoyed the much better(both atmosphere and the food. What you ordered however looked really good.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Not to say I didn't like the atmosphere of the Sci Fi restaurant , but your family seems to be having the opposite reactions to dining then I did when I was there. I did not like the Sci Fi meal. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Salad and it really wasn't that great in my opinion. I also had ate at the 50's Prime Time and enjoyed the much better(both atmosphere and the food. What you ordered however looked really good.
Both times that I've dined there I got a burger, so I can't vouch for anything else on the menu. That seasonal burger was really good. I do want to try 50's next time. That's the only TS in HS that I haven't tried yet.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I kept an eye on the time because 1:00pm was quickly approaching. We finished up and set off to find a quiet place to hang out and try to grab a boarding group when it was time. Someone on YouTube said to get away from lots of people so I was willing to try anything at this point. We went down the alley way next to the Muppets. There was another guy at the table next to us waiting to do the same thing and two other family's down the alley as well. I gave Josh my phone and he pulled up the World Clock on his. 😬 It was time!

We cheered!
IMG_3755.PNG

Then I felt bad because the guy next to us didn't get in. But I was so happy! Now I could walk into Galaxy's Edge with a little more pep in my step! YAY!
IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

I was blown away! It is truly spectacular! I was just soaking it all in. Can you tell what side Cam is on?
IMG_3760.jpg

My brother thought he was upset, but he said he's a storm trooper. :hilarious:

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Before long, Cam's appointment at the Droid Depot was up. They were only letting on parent in per child, so I opted to sit out. I told Josh to take pictures and I was going to go hang out. I picked up a blue milk and found me a cool corner.
IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

Found me a corner and hung out with this guy a bit.
IMG_3777.jpg

I got a text from Josh with a package that you can get that includes a personality chip for your droid and a carrier bag. You can also just build the droid without the personality chip and they give you a box with handles that your droid fits in.
IMG_3854.PNG

This was the only picture he took of the process LOL
64149742411__0D0848B1-E248-4940-8674-423F37580A20.JPEG

And the finished product!
IMG_3780.jpg

They both said they loved making it together and that the cast member was super helpful and friendly. Once with had droid in tote, we headed to Smugglers Run. We waited about 30 minutes. Josh and I were pilots and Cam was a gunner. Let's just say, it was fun, but I'm glad I had stuff to do to keep me occupied because I was feeling it. :depressed: It was a fun ride for sure and I was excited that I got to take us to light speed. Just glad it wasn't any longer than it is.
IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

Still had some time before our boarding group was up so we went to visit the Muppets.
IMG_3783.jpg

It's been a long time since I've seen it and we enjoyed it. Cam's been watching the Muppets since we've been back. We also went and rode Mickey and Minnie's again. While in line we got the text saying our boarding group for Rise had been called. We rode and went back to Galaxy's Edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom