Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

blreinsel

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl! That is soooooooo exciting! Please tell him he is going to have some unexpected house guest dropping by :p

And thank you for putting in a good word with Ariel-- I'm not that crazy. (Don't tell her the truth :p)

I am so jealous, make sure you find one with a guest room ;)

I am crossing everywhere too so we have a place to crash LOL

I moved from NJ to PA and while it's definitely different, it's totally exciting to kind of start anew! I send so many positive vibes your way! Do it! We are young and have so much life to live! Disney lives! LOL

When we started looking at places I told him that we need 2 bedrooms because people will be visiting... I don't think he realized that I meant family AND my WDWmagic friends. :rolleyes:

But you totally spoke my mind.. this is the only time that I'm going to be young with no ties to a given place, so now is the time! I keep telling him how excited I am that I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, F&G, etc. and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. :hilarious: You and I really are two peas in a pod...

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

More fish pictures! But this one had a helmet head! Joe and I got a kick out of him! How cool!

056E7C0B-7683-4517-96DF-B6AD7929B1E8_zpsiqe9kbbo.jpg

36D1C70D-F819-4CD3-9481-F15D3D8EB961_zpsy2ifpegu.jpg

Okay never mind, it's a crab not a fish. Whoops! We need some marine biology classes in our lives :p

FCA2B387-B3CC-45AA-89B4-AB3C99A74A84_zpsslgi4izs.jpg

The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there but that is a big mistake!

3C444A55-6EDD-4885-ABC9-20FA807348FB_zpsvxcelwfk.jpg

35BAE30A-9651-44C7-AF17-64CD1CA3D981_zpsbtc42bth.jpg

3BB40BA2-26AE-49E7-B9BF-0201558BFC84_zpsqjwmd77e.jpg

1A8288FD-9F4C-4C42-9055-8249C632A1B0_zpsi8nhn1lw.jpg

We could have stayed at the seas all day long. There was so much to look at! I had to drag Joe away. It was like walking out of a movie theater when we emerged back into the sunshine.

We had spent a good hour and half inside... but we (okay fine, I) made sure to save time for another grey goose slushie! There was only so much time left! CHUG EM WHILE YOU CAN!

This is my ultimate Disney tourist pose. Can I be any more obsessed?

70B9A538-5490-44FB-81DE-51472FC99277_zpsocwqd2ub.jpg

29E1B52C-CCFC-43A2-83CE-526B6E209FE4_zpsx5nq6lh3.jpg

Seriously, in paradise. I like to enjoy life one sip at a time! :)

Joe and I found a bench to sit on for a few moments. It was clear that Epcot was already packed to the brims. We watched a group carrying around a boombox blasting music. Was it 1990? Did we time travel? It was nice to just relax and people watch. Hey, no judgement here! It was nearing noon, but I guess it was 5 'o'clock somewhere!
:)
8991C1B0-C628-4761-A6C2-5A11A025EA44_zpshlq9ta5h.jpg

We then checked in for our lunch ADR. I had booked Teppan Edo per Joe's request. This was the one restaurant that really stuck out to him from our trip back in 2011. Joe watched me obsessed over menus for months, and ask his opinions only to pick what I wanted anyway :p, so I had to give him this one. Hey, a happy wife is a happy life!

DA2ACA89-C22E-4051-BEEF-E8F8E3CD7217_zpsutsw0t1f.jpg

CFBDF9E1-2554-40EC-AE09-26E7301FA739_zpsq1tt8ri9.jpg

Our wait was about 2 minutes flat, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was hungry. What was Disney doing to us?! Joe said he was starving, and I couldn't believe we ate a full breakfast just 2 hours ago. I was freaking out about what our grocery bills would be like when we returned. I don't make enough money to afford all this food! How could we continue to eat like this?! DISNEY HAD MADE US SAVAGES!

D202F15F-B98B-4DB1-B863-AC912417A432_zpsml8lrrn1.jpg

9D7D91CE-FB65-4427-90C7-A6861BCB7523_zpsq0vhpfkp.jpg

First up was the salad. It was refreshing to eat something green. We joked around saying this was not enough food for these two hefty manatees. Gosh, I wanted to be a mermaid and now I'm a manatee.. you win some you lose some! :p

63C4B2C7-DD3A-44E9-A33A-6678B6FDD902_zpsqdldph1r.jpg

Our chef was very entertaining. Joe and I were all smiles this meal! I spy a hidden mickey!!

DE58B7EE-7806-4003-AACB-4D685308965E_zpskm00jfx8.jpg

ABF3B7D1-5555-4E33-A354-B29643B1155C_zpsai22wa6k.jpg

We both ordered the same thing, another usual act for us! We had the beef rice, filet mignon and udon noodes with vegetables.

B65AC37E-E340-4EAB-8251-A1DC4F4EE2A1_zpsgwch05dr.jpg

DAB0D1B5-80FB-46DE-8BFA-A63DC7807610_zpsnu8e2v8n.jpg

DF82D455-A551-472A-90A7-837D2E39F698_zps6itrlw6d.jpg

It was so delicious. I ate every single morsel on my plate. LICKED THAT BABY CLEAN. I am so happy Joe made me feel guilty about his lack of contributing to our plans, because this was an awesome last day meal. I gotta hand it to him, he did well. Maybe next time he can pick two restaurants....

Maybe. :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

Of course what meal is complete without dessert? We each enjoyed the green tea mousse cake. And by enjoyed, I mean stuffed whatever we could fit into our mouths. I feel like this report is becoming the ultimate glutton fest. Hey Disney Food Blog, ya hiring?! :)

CA74E571-F094-42AF-B33A-A6C50E0A4914_zpstibefjtw.jpg

3E22E410-A418-44BE-8F2C-CFC44767E144_zpsu5fuoliv.jpg

I don't know how we did it, but we stood up from our chairs. We put down our forks and walked away from our table. Small steps people!

We headed off towards America. I originally just wanted to sit down in The American Adventure Attraction, but we ended up stumbling upon The Voices of Liberty.

B28E715C-F4F3-4158-8BCB-96C26B470A94_zpslunbuj0o.jpg

7812FF70-271E-48DB-9869-01372765CCCC_zpsjrxeyt4z.jpg

The room was filled with goosebumps and tears. Despite the crazy election of a few days past, The Voice of Liberty brought us all together to harmonize and belt out patriotic tunes.

B64AF827-DD9C-4B3F-8DA6-6A49C912C374_zpsoukn4m3h.jpg

CE85178E-D0C9-42E3-A158-17902AED1C81_zpsc4naqrpy.jpg

What I would do for one of those costumes! I really think I was born in the wrong time period! I would have loved to live during the revolution, or travelled on the Oregon Trail, or... wait. There was no Disney World until 1971.. I take it all back!

EE1D7A89-F98E-4469-935D-654B18F8CFD1_zpsez9neink.jpg

1BEC59AA-007F-434D-A257-B0F2023782B2_zpsdipclaeq.jpg

9FF49C51-9E73-44DD-802D-287FE80EB400_zpsj6b1d4fy.jpg

In the end, we did get our chance to sit down and watch The American Adventure show. I am a cheesy sappy emotional goo ball who just loves this attraction. I was singing and tearing up with the best of them. Joe, I think, fell asleep.

AMERICA SPREAD YOUR GOLDEN WINGS, SAIL ON FREEDOM'S WIND. ACROSS THE SKY. GREAT BIRD, WITH YOUR GOLDEN DREAMS FLYING HIGH, FLYING HIGHHHHHHH!!!
This may or may not be on my iPod at the present moment.

Our plan was to sample some more food and wine, but I just don't know how I possibly thought we could eat any more food. Instead, we wandered around the World Showcase. It was extremely, extremely, packed. Joe waited about 15 minutes for a beer, and I said I would hold off until we got to Mexico because I wanted a margarita. We make our way there, only to see the line is no joke about 100 people long. I think the line for Mexico went all the way to the entrance of the park!

My heart wasn't broken for long, because I spotted a familiar friend!

4D78A0AF-4C29-413C-BE27-01B7D4532B01_zpsi0sfv2na.jpg

C2617384-689B-4EF1-9529-8ED9F3EEEE7C_zpswro6e5ay.jpg

Mexican Donald! I just had to meet him once more before he got deported! :p

2F93CFEF-26DA-4098-90C1-B0F8F1EA6DD6_zpsvjiq1igx.jpg

And look! The trip was not a total bust. I did get the Disney proposal of my dreams....

FROM DONALD DUCK.

DCEC816E-00C1-458C-BC95-E10B79665D34_zpsu1qppqbs.jpg

I had to think quick, should I say yes to Donald, or hold out hope for Joe?! I told Donald I'd be back soon with my answer. Guess I better book my flight back soon to break his little heart. Happily ever after with Joe, or happily ever after living in the Mexican pavilion with Donald... Joe better thank his lucky stars!
8A592E86-ACE0-42A8-B9CE-68500606A372_zpsans8erdb.jpg

285EB997-966A-4C10-9D25-ED1A674CB69F_zpsp0rzqkkm.jpg

87DCD4BC-FF74-461B-8398-C6EC05783D8A_zpswozc2coi.jpg

When my Donald photos appeared on the app, so did my Test Track picture! They told us that since it was so busy, most photos were delayed getting onto the app. It was never delayed by more than a couple hours, so it really was so big deal!

Joe looks unamused, I look like a kid in Candyland. Bout sums it up.
1D3D103D-DA1C-4B32-B82A-46A563C1D741_zpsqawxojlp.jpg

The day was so beautiful, the weather was perfect. The sun was shining, it was warm, and the only clouds in the sky were the one reminiscent of fluffy cotton candy.

1A78EE54-530E-4EE8-8B64-A0FEBD762257_zpsroh1oqne.jpg

The only problem was that is was the last Saturday of the Food and Wine Festival. And it was also Dapper day. It was a mob scene! I got run over by a 1920s flapper. Joe got poked with a cane. You could maybe move a half a step in front of yourself without bumping into someone. Was there any food we really wanted to try? Were we willing to wait in long lines to stuff our faces? HADN'T WE EATEN ENOUGH ALREADY?!

:) :)

RyPat

Fast Forward to December 19th, 2016

So anyway I walk in the door and Joe tells me he put up the tree and I need to go see if he did everything alright. I walk into the living room and notice there is only one single solitary ornament, Minnie and Mickey as the bride and groom. I was super confused and turned to Joe to see him down on one knee. I honestly don't even know what he said, I think I blacked out. He was asking me to marry him! I don't even know if I said yes! I can't remember. Oh what a moment! :) :) :)

Joe had my friend hiding behind one of our porch doors, and she was able to capture the moment. What a little sneak he is!

After calming down, Joe informed me that I did, in fact say yes. And then he told me my bridal Minnie ears would be arriving in 3-5 business days. I don't know which made me more excited. :)

Well... i must make sure my wife NEVER reads this trip report.... it would make my non-Disney proposal seem rather lame to her!! :banghead:
Congratulations! :)

cdeev8690

I just caught myself up on your TR and I'm in love with your energy! Also I love that you couldn't help yourself at the airport and got a cheesesteak for the road. I'll admit, I moved to Philly over a year ago and I've only had one cheesesteak. Oops haha

I love all of your outfits too! Everything looked so cute! And your engagement story was so wonderful! I literally let out an "awe" at my work desk. I told my boyfriend that I wouldn't want a Disney engagement but would not be opposed to celebrating our post-engagement at the parks :cat:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
When we did the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour we learned that the Living Seas is the largest aquarium but the Georgia Aquarium it technically considered larger because it has more plumbing that holds more water. If you really enjoy the Living Seas then I strongly suggest the tour.
I never knew they offered a tour here! I will have to check it out! And what an interesting fact to learn! Thank you :)

Just catching up on your report. A huge congratulations on your proposal!!!!! I may have squealed a little when I saw your picture. Then teared up a little when reading the story.
I also got stung by a bee while in Disney in December. It stung me on my head above my ear on the monorail on the way to Epcot. I can not believe how bad it hurt and hurt all day. Not debilitating or anything but bothered me way longer than I would have thought.
We were in HS on Friday Dec. 9th and it was awful, so crowded. It was our last day and I wish we just did another morning in MK.
Loving your report and can't believe it's almost over. Thanks for sharing your Disney loving spirit with us!

Thank you so much for your congrats and for your compliments! I still cannot believe I am engaged! I still can't get over the fact that my trip is over! I don't want to end my report because the true harsh reality will kick in :(
I agree with your sentiments on the bee sting! I could not believe it bothered me for as long as it did! I thought it would hurt for a bit and then fade away! Mean bees! Why don't you just fly away from us?! :(
HS busy is the worst! I think with all the construction going on there is much less space to jam people. It felt soo congested, and like I mentioned my previous trips were in the summer! They had nothing on crowd levels compared to this last trip!
Thank you for reading... :) :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
When we started looking at places I told him that we need 2 bedrooms because people will be visiting... I don't think he realized that I meant family AND my WDWmagic friends. :rolleyes:

But you totally spoke my mind.. this is the only time that I'm going to be young with no ties to a given place, so now is the time! I keep telling him how excited I am that I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, F&G, etc. and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. :hilarious: You and I really are two peas in a pod...

Man, he if he backs out of this moving opportunity... hit me up! Joe and I can make a long distance marriage work... LOL

But is all seriousness, life is way to short and you must follow your dreams or else you will live with regrets! I still regret not applying for the Disney college program :(

And just think of all the trip reports you can write for us poor little WDWmagic people stuck back at home!

Well... i must make sure my wife NEVER reads this trip report.... it would make my non-Disney proposal seem rather lame to her!! :banghead:
Congratulations! :)
Thank you! I will make sure to never tell her! :p LOL.. I'm sure whatever you did was awesome!!!

I just caught myself up on your TR and I'm in love with your energy! Also I love that you couldn't help yourself at the airport and got a cheesesteak for the road. I'll admit, I moved to Philly over a year ago and I've only had one cheesesteak. Oops haha

I love all of your outfits too! Everything looked so cute! And your engagement story was so wonderful! I literally let out an "awe" at my work desk. I told my boyfriend that I wouldn't want a Disney engagement but would not be opposed to celebrating our post-engagement at the parks :cat:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Disney just brings out the happy little kid in me, I can't help but express it in writing!
And you need to have more cheesesteaks!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! :p

It took me a awhile to plan my outfits, they had to match my ears :) And a post-engagement trip sounds wonderful! I'd love to go down and wear my bride ears!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

Instead of eating, we made a fair compromise. We would drink around the world, but with soda! You may say this is cheating, but I disagree. The ultimate Drink Around the World Challenge can be found in Club Cool! :)

126C74F2-F01C-48A9-B404-655B799EB526_zpscoglj1qk.jpg

Joe loved every single soda. I made him drink the Beverly last and I think he wanted to murder me LOL.. He had to go right back down the line and chug everything again to get rid of the taste. The joys of going to Disney with a beginner! I don't think I can ever get away with this prank again.. time for a new victim..
:p

8336D656-CB1C-4DC5-8CA7-9EBBDAB2289B_zpsbm3gonlt.jpg

Of course, I have to try the Beverly every time. It's like I forget the taste when I am away for too long! I silently cursed myself for taking a ginormous gulp. That first few couple of seconds, everything is fine. You can breathe, the taste is faint, and things are right in the world. Give it about 15 seconds, and you want to rip your tongue out of your throat.

I chugged about 4 cups of VegitaBeta to erase the horrible taste! Guess karma got me in the end!

C2F46E31-521A-482B-9713-59D330CE41DC_zpsl3vf3ctb.jpg

6EB80DB5-C3E8-4766-B7B3-0FF313F9F745_zpszu39a176.jpg

CF9EEDD3-7035-4E93-B264-DD04EF78D3B0_zpsgl7mjmlb.jpg

Joe and I then shopped and shopped and shopped in Mousegears. My little brother, who is 24 years old mind you, wanted me to find him Mickey hands. What for? I may never know.

We bought dolls for Joe's nieces, Christmas ornaments for friends, and kitchen ware for my mama. I stocked up on Disney pens for work, sometimes when the work day is rough, it's a comfort to look down at a Disney pen.

We shopped until we dropped, and decided to say farewell to Epcot. Until we meet again! I blew a kiss to the "big ole golf ball" and tried to suppress my emotions.

We got back to Riverside, and I saw that little traitor of a tag hanging on the door. I refused to open it and accept the truth. Ignorance is bliss!

Joe and I watched some Stacey, took a wee little catnap, and then got ready for the night!

77482418-3269-4829-A85A-64C4AB6BEA85_zpsrcdwmbjo.jpg

It wasn't over yet, it was time for California Grill! We hopped on the monorail and checked in for our dinner. We were about an hour and half early, so the hostess asked if we wanted to be seated sooner than our ADR time or if we'd like to sit at the bar and wait. We chose the latter...

AA91C542-DA1A-42F7-9534-952A54DD8D9D_zpsxsium3ju.jpg

We took the elevator up, and immediately I am speechless. The views are unlike anything I had ever seen before in my life. It was the ultimate Disney immersion. For any Disney fan, it's like you've died and gone right to heaven. PANORAMIC DISNEY WORLD. Right outside the larger than life windows are the images of my dreams. The Seven Seas Lagoon glimmering in the moonlight. Cinderella Castle lit up in it's colorful array of colors. I could not stop looking around. Thankfully, Joe could keep his composure and grabbed us two seats at the bar.

310AEC34-F458-4FF3-A86D-F861AAFC82C4_zpsb8dv01cn.jpg

We ended up chatting for a while with a "regular." All the cast members kept approaching him and making such a big deal, I quickly tried to think of every Imagineer's face I knew. Unfortunately I cannot place him, and he simply told us he dines here all the time. The bartender knew his drink of choice, and his cup was never even half full. Who knows!

He heard me exclaiming about something I was in awe of, and started talking with us. He was so nice, and offered us tips on what to order, and what seat would be the best in the house. Whoever you are dear sir, thank you for your kindness :)

C03CE4EB-D406-49A6-BC04-D11D454CE34F_zpsvlfcqpvr.jpg

AEBD299B-2D5B-4D94-AA30-B04A2A6A4173_zpsd3tzngsn.jpg

We drank, and drank, and drank some more. My last night at Disney depression faded away with each sip. As things grew fuzzy, my heart grew warm.

C6A69041-91C0-4CE4-9320-4070848D28E3_zpsuad9nymv.jpg

After our third round, we were seated. I had to pinch myself a few times to prove that this was real. California Grill has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, and I was so happy to be experiencing it with the love of my life :p

EE35FF15-BAC7-4BAC-82EF-BA5033292572_zps2en2zgcu.jpg

268B2A1D-662E-436F-B3E8-D37DC6BEBFA7_zpstcrimebr.jpg

I felt super fancy, like I was on the Titanic in first class. I felt like a fairytale princess.

40D84968-503E-4809-A27F-A6D2B14A9760_zpsuzkgzp8i.jpg

We cheers-ed to my birthday, to the end of the ultimate trip, to the future. All over our table was Mickey confetti, and I must admit... I placed them one by one into my purse. :p

Can we throw this at my wedding?!?! OH MY GOSH PLEASE.

46FCE9E5-DABF-420B-91FD-23B2EEAE5957_zpsdqvdepam.jpg

EF12990C-B952-48D0-A936-BD9CEFB83D8D_zpslwrptrca.jpg

It was a good thing Joe and I were tipsy, because the menu looked a little daring!

4DBCD80D-62C5-4256-8E84-61B943F57FC5_zps6sq6jgog.jpg

3E895D9F-23A6-462B-BAA0-6ACF784F77CC_zps8cwizwx5.jpg

What should we order?! This seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity! How many times in your life do you get to dine AT THE TOP OF FREAKING DISNEY WORLD?!
374817C1-C688-4660-9B60-2D413AF1F7A9_zps9hmc9zxy.jpg

While we debated back and forth between a few options, we started on the bread. You can never go wrong with bread! :)

1421CFCC-9250-4B9E-B358-DBAC04237664_zpsiuxkefi2.jpg

Would the food live up to view? Would I made it through dinner without bawling? Was this really my life?

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

With all the drinking, it was a godsend that we had so much bread!

FF2BE805-F44B-4D40-9C7B-94E2E6A25CC0_zpskoq8zs7m.jpg

B28CC392-24F2-42D7-BE16-5BB9E948A0E1_zpskakb6qrm.jpg

Our waiter must have knew what was up, because this large water bottle soon appeared at our table :p

E59628A5-7C7B-4ECD-86FB-A61839613D51_zpsnmqse38b.jpg

We ended up being rather brave, and ordered sushi. We had tuna three ways, which I have no idea what that means. Joe and I recently started trying sushi when we go out to the hibachi restaurant in our area. And by trying sushi, I will order a sweet potato roll. Um... who were we right now?!

D6AA2F09-AE15-420B-A208-A2405ADA1B25_zpsm5nsc8zm.jpg

If it weren't for the liquid courage, and the nice man's recommendation, I don't think I would ever try this! But we both agreed, it was pretty tasty!! TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT!

972C8000-BB57-44DB-9F2D-F01808A6E6AA_zps88jcdt5d.jpg

9808C7AD-56FB-4599-84FD-43E26E75A810_zpsd1xsfwru.jpg

I liked this kind best...

D1F53767-C3DC-4261-B075-599A1A0CA561_zpsq1k1qyp8.jpg

They stopped serving, and everyone was told to go outside. The fireworks would soon begin! I died a little.

EC2FBCC4-A15D-49DD-A161-E44FFD939CFD_zpsmm0hbbrj.jpg

Could we cheese any harder?

9597BB31-5312-4D58-A7EF-2825251785AD_zpsemijche8.jpg

The music starts, and my tears are falling. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight......... MAKEUP DOWN MY FACE TEARS.

It was honestly so interesting to watch Wishes from this perspective. I now truly know the meaning of "a bird's eye view." It was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous. The most magnificent spectacle I have ever seen. DOWN RIGHT BREATH-TAKING. I don't know what on earth I did to deserve this.

This is my picture:
BDC6A078-90FA-409D-95FF-F3CD564C4734_zps52ujus70.jpg

This is not:
C4065575-E4A7-4C7E-ACCB-314AA59C45B3_zpsk81hzgjx.jpg

If there ever was a heaven on earth, it can be found standing on California Grill's balcony.

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!

We reentered the dining room, I fixed my makeup, and sent the below selfies to friends. How could life get any better?! Would it all be downhill from here? My emotions were beginning take over!

5656497F-3BF1-4132-B53E-43BD4C097E25_zpsrfkury1d.jpg

7F514A1A-FCDF-4487-8652-985C444C91E6_zps6dzrskvh.jpg

While we waited for our meals to arrive, Joe snapped a bunch of photos. Did I rub off on him or what?!

32F78A51-07F1-414F-B41E-F0E629FC6B6E_zpsomunslyu.jpg

17B8FE7D-F47E-4FC9-AE5E-04FC0BDCBEF7_zpsmsty8a5q.jpg

We both loved the bus stop's lighting! I need a private plane so I can fly over Disney whenever I feel the urge. Joe better start saving :)

6AA7A141-20A0-4EB0-A0C5-7BD593776ADA_zpsqgvwbrfn.jpg

1B22D86C-16FE-4056-97A8-E838E5CBBA6B_zpso7ptswk0.jpg

5EB99858-8B33-4E22-B98E-4590820FB05F_zpsgbmnesnf.jpg

We're all just children, reaching for our dreams. There shining high above us, and even thought it seems so far... we put our faith on a shooting star.

I think I'm all out of Wishes! All my wishes came true! :)

Heatherbell

But is all seriousness, life is way to short and you must follow your dreams or else you will live with regrets! I still regret not applying for the Disney college program :(

Once upon a time two of my cousins and I were going to do the college program. And guess which dummy stayed home with her stupid boyfriend while her cousins went and had the time of their life....I will give you a hint: ME!
I don't believe in regret, I believe everything happens for a reason. Except for that. Biggest mistake ever. In the end it turned out okay, I dumped the stupid boyfriend and met my husband and turned him into a Disney addict. But best believe I often kick myself in the for that one whenever I hear my cousins trade stories.

Love love love your pictures with Donald.

The posts about the demise of Epcot makes me sad. I love that park, and like you Spaceship Earth gives me that old school feeling.

blreinsel

Man, he if he backs out of this moving opportunity... hit me up! Joe and I can make a long distance marriage work... LOL

And just think of all the trip reports you can write for us poor little WDWmagic people stuck back at home!

Lol! Disney obsessed roomies living within 30 minutes of WDW.. I see nothing that could possibly go wrong with that. :hilarious: I soooooo regret not doing the college program too!!! I didn't even know that it existed until I had started into my field experiences/student teaching, at which point it was too late. :cry: I'm in grad school with a girl who did it and we geek over everything Disney all the time (who cares what the professors are saying :rolleyes:). She raves about her experience and makes me have even more regret!!!

I've already been considering the TR possibilities! :hilarious: Will it be a continuous "hey I went to Disney again today" thread? Individual threads detailing each visit? The possibilities are endless!!!

You look gorgeous for your Cali Grill dinner!!! I am so excited to have my turn! I'll be a big ol' cry baby during Wishes too. :cry:

"This is my picture. This is not." I laughed out loud at this. :hilarious:

sheriffwoody

All over our table was Mickey confetti, and I must admit... I placed them one by one into my purse. :p
I did this too!! I mean, you can't just leave it there. I used to have a piece inside my phone case, like between the phone and the case. But it fell out at some point :(.

So glad you got to experience Wishes from California Grill! It's so wonderful. And you look so beautiful in those pictures!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

After the ultimate firework vacation finale, dinner was served!
Joe got... wait for it...wait for it...

OSTRICH. What?!

69ACA084-C7DF-4C77-A4A5-4B94D4B3771E_zpsiiclmw0z.jpg

C13EFB45-FF5D-4A06-AF74-5430B3FE9FB8_zpsud1lp92g.jpg

He is a braver soul than I ever will be! He said he loved it! Where else can you order ostrich? I swear, the things we get to do in Disney!!

I ordered the filet with potatoes soaked in duck fat. Donald?!

42562106-CB7B-4CFA-BE8C-DD81E64F7049_zpsqflrff30.jpg

C01B0A78-A2B9-4A98-B946-CFE28D886517_zpserrlt9ur.jpg

Again, delicious! I think I've used this word the most in this report- just goes to show I eat entirely way too often! :p

The steak melted in my mouth like butter in the microwave. The potatoes were so full of flavor, so freaking good. I think we ended our meal selections on the highest note possible. There was no going up from here.

E30B75D7-2C24-4223-9A73-C0F6967A0AE6_zpsws4rznjt.jpg

I felt like a stuffed sausage in my dress, but when has that ever stopped me? Dessert at the top of the world? Life is short, but sweet for certain! :)

954EFBB5-B140-4EA2-A2E8-EDA8AAEAF62F_zpsxfq9j7gp.jpg

I was given this special dessert, but it didn't compare to our actual selection!

ECA40FF7-26C3-43EE-A875-ABCE544AB85E_zpsmr3labgz.jpg

We each opted for the Smores crème brulee. I made a crème brulee lover out of Joe! I love that my first experience with this delectable dessert was in Disney World, and now he can claim the same!
How did the smores stack up?

A366C693-6A56-4A24-BD8C-6BD387DF293D_zpso5kwuyid.jpg

The best crème brulee of my life so far. And hey, I'm getting pretty old! :p

I don't know how we managed, but we both ate every last crumb. I was debating sticking the spoon in my purse to lick the residue off of later. Don't judge me Disney friends, it was THAT GOOD. Camp fires will never be the same. I am a high class princess now! :)

California Grill exceeded our wildest dreams. It is not just a dinner, it is a dining experience. I don't even think my honeymoon will compare! We were there quite a while, but it was worth every single minute. From start to finish, I was amazed. The ambiance, the view, the service, the food. I can go on and on, but this trip report has already broken 20 pages... :p

We exited and I stopped in the restroom for some Top of the World selfies.
97C9966C-F4DB-4FCC-9701-2F84A331000D_zpssdo6iwmf.jpg

1C25934C-E335-49ED-85E6-11727C8520D0_zpsn0d9wgmz.jpg

F7F2FF19-55EE-458E-B3BB-7802878F6048_zpsdcvdfg7y.jpg

It's not everyday you get drunk in a signature restaurant. Girl's gotta gloat! And I was in there all alone I promise! I am not that much of a creep!

24831970-C181-4FBF-A7CA-F060B3CB4C5C_zpsidimehjj.jpg

AE147796-47B9-460A-8B96-06EAD16CFCFD_zpszppqhtgo.jpg

We were one of the last few waiting for the monorail. It was crazy to think of the crowds from earlier! We even had the chance to sit down! Full bellies and a monorail seat! The perfect nightcap!

F08519FB-8DC5-4333-BF19-3429AB1F481B_zpsmiestp0b.jpg

And then the smiles faded. We got back to the room and I was forced to open our magical express information package. The bus would be picking us up at 7 am :jawdrop:... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WHY OH WHY OH WHY!

funny_zps53514d58.jpg

This is the truth.

I debated lighting a match and proclaiming I never received this, but Joe talked me off my ledge. "Don't think about it now," he whispered. We set our alarms, we'd face reality in the morning. Tonight it was off to dream in Neverland.

Nov 13th

The end had come. That's the thing with time, it keeps on ticking. Tick tick tick and poof it's gone. My vacation was over. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Took some depressing shots of our lovely home. Goodbye bed. Goodbye bathroom. Goodbye mermaid blanket thing that I have no clue what you are.

9829B77C-AB9D-405E-8002-9EE1627FA620_zpsgrlv5b1s.jpg

021F14CA-DDFA-4E49-A8D7-1A1C8D784AC9_zpsugogjfsb.jpg

Goodbye to my very own Southern Mansion.

AD4CFC96-6398-477C-8D72-E92E2CB2BF5B_zpsbnubwfm9.jpg

D90273DF-0D35-46DE-8E63-7CFC57EF3287_zpscqjgfh46.jpg

We trucked through the lobby, and out the doors. I grabbed us some last minute snacks, filled our mugs one last time, and then the magical depress arrived. Just days ago you were the bus to the magic, today you had betrayed me.

The last food photo of the trip was also a sad one.

A9A04841-A3ED-4C4E-A32F-AD33275D3DC7_zps5q7oejwn.jpg

Time passes, but the memories remain.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
THE END.

Ya'll know I can't just end it like that :p

I have too many words. I am sitting here, tearing up because my trip is really and truly over. It was hands down the most magical trip to date. That's just the thing with Disney trips, they just keep getting better. They keep you wanting more. I am halfway tempted to tell Joe let's just forego a wedding and buy into DVC :p

I may not have gotten to see Rivers of Light, or gotten what I thought was my dream proposal, but I wouldn't change a thing. The restaurants, the attractions, the resort, everything was perfect. Maybe all that obsessive pre-planning paid off in the end?!

Disney is the most magical place on this planet. You'll never convince me otherwise. Where else can you let go of all your worries and just be a kid again? Where else can you laugh until your stomach hurts? Where else can make you smile and burst into tears at the very same moment. The magic is real. And I am glad we are all in on it.

I thank you all SO FREAKING MUCH, for following along with the trip and congratulating me on my engagement. The last few weeks have been a complete whirlwind, but I couldn't be happier.

Disney trips may end, but Disney is engrained in us all. In everyday life, don't forget to look for the magic.

I returned to work to these wonderful cupcakes- they sure made my Monday back from vacation a little sweeter!
F4B5CB0F-AF58-4BAB-983C-FE170C4A56E8_zpsgs0hwknx.jpeg

B10060DE-F244-4DE2-BAED-F65423A1827C_zpsom09idoh.jpeg

And I was able to snag a few of these babies, so Joe and I continued our glutton fest for a few more days...

B2F3A437-C3E9-474C-BD17-CEF62AE387ED_zps5nleanjb.jpg

I came home and ordered this hat I had been eyeing all trip- people just buy it if you want it!!! Thank goodness for the Disney Parks app. My wallet hates me.. but hey, I'm getting points! :)

B8F59A52-3B47-40BA-83E4-DEA0E1C29283_zpsu0uccptg.jpeg

My brother was ecstatic with his gloves, I still have no idea....

9AAC0117-BB79-4F68-BD6C-3B9A1A98299C_zpsfwvrnn9p.jpg

And my bee stung Disney Springs purse search was a major fail, but again... Disney Parks app. I am now rocking this sweet little baby where ever I go :)

E0693A8A-8CFB-4BEF-9272-A5414B671E42_zpseauzjxjx.jpg

Just because my trip is over, doesn't mean the magic leaves. The magic is like a ghost on the Haunted Mansion, it follows you home. :)

Some people are not too thrilled that Disney is an everyday part of my life :p
7B3401A8-D73A-4593-9CDC-5323044B8DC6_zpsom4w1pot.png

EAA9DA1F-144C-409C-8FEA-261B58E997DC_zps1h5bpshl.png

And it's not good-bye, it's see you real soon! It's time to start wedding planning, and living out my own happily ever after with my very own Prince Eric!

Way long ago, I started my pre-trip report with this photo, stating I hoped it'd be me!

23796E1D-82C5-43F9-9C95-FECD93F3360F_zpsprpgfxby.jpg

AND IT IS!!! :) :)

Once in awhile, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

ABE74C7C-087B-40D0-8990-000EA54A0E37_zps8w0cnt4l.jpg

:) :) :) :)

xoxoxox
Princess Nicole

CaliKris

Disney Crying Level 11: @prfctlyximprct finishes her trip report!! So SAD!! I have thoroughly enjoyed and looked forward to reading your Disney report and proposal story each day. I am going to go through Princess Nicole Trip Report withdrawals now! What will I do with the rest of 2017? I think we need to take up a collection and send you back to WDW!! I will miss your writing, wit and love for all things Disney. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I loved every minute of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom