Trip Report COMPLETED - I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...

Our last Spring Break trip was a little bit of a nightmare. We said we'd never go during Spring Break again.

Well, no cruising means we got to do something. For our last cancelled cruise (7 of them) we went to Mexico and spent time a wonderful all-inclusive (TRS Coral) that felt like cruising sans kids. If you're looking for a place without kids, this is it. Our next one on the books is DCL Bermuda in October. I've got a TRS Coral reservation in my back pocket if DCL cancels.

This is the main adult-only pool:

20201224_074525.jpg

Back to business.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

When: April 3-10

April 3: We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Orlando and plan to hit a few breweries.
April 4: Boardwalk Villas
April 5 -10: Saratoga Springs

Dining Reservations:

April 4 - Big River Grill
April 5 - Morimoto Asia
April 6 - The Wave
April 7 - Narcoosee's
April 8 - Il Mulino
April 9 - Cityworks

Narcoosee's was a tough reservation to find, but from what I've been reading, dining reservations have been scarce. The Wave was pretty easy and the rest are on Opentable, which is highly more preferable than Disney's reservation system and often has better dining times.

We are not going to the parks. We were really holding out for APs, but that's not happening and while we can get the DVC discounted 4 days with 2 days free ticket, we didn't want to put any more money towards tickets since we are going in July as well.

We will be hanging out at the pools, drinking our drinks, and eating food while enjoying being away from home.

Blizzard Beach tickets are discounted for DVC members, so that may happen one of the days.

We're looking forward to getting back to Disney!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3

If you're lucky enough to have discovered this, then enjoy. It's kinda like finding Reptile in Mortal Kombat 1.

We woke up early for rope drop at Epcot and then realized that Epcot opened at 11, so we relaxed and took our time. I ironed my white tee and we grabbed a seltzer for the walk to the bust stop.

Screenshot_20210410-132811.png

Bus service was great for our entire trip. When we got to the loading area there was a long line for Epcot but they had several busses pull up within ten minutes.

Screenshot_20210410-132833.png

We went to TT to start the day but it was down. C wasn't pleased. This was not a #1 finger. It was the other version.

Screenshot_20210410-132924.png

We enjoyed some of the flowers and then made our way over to Mexico to drink away our anger.

Screenshot_20210410-132941.png

Screenshot_20210410-133247.png

I tried to get a cool angle and make the phot look better but it really just looks sad, lol. I am no @fractal

lostpro9het

Thank you to both @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek for the joint reporting of this relaxing trip

Max
Thank you, sir!

Thanks for the report! Maybe the dummy will be there in July. Hopefully he will bring beer with him this time.
He might be there but I didn't invite him to the beer exchange this time, fool me once and all. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some more reliable folks.

@wdisney9000 Maybe this is why people think you don't finish your own reports? You do - they are just on someone else's!
homer simpson episode 3 GIF
Naw, he doesn't finish them. This is what we call a "convenient cover". ;-)

BrerWayne

Thank you, sir!

He might be there but I didn't invite him to the beer exchange this time, fool me once and all. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some more reliable folks.

Naw, he doesn't finish them. This is what we call a "convenient cover". ;-)
You said you are there July 4th. How long are you there?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3 ctd...

I got Shirley status in the Mexico bathroom before we took our margaritas outside to enjoy. Fun fact: I can't stand when people say "margs" instead of margarita. Especially when a guy says it. I digress.

Screenshot_20210415-140800.png

Screenshot_20210415-140826.png

We finished our drinks over at Norway before turning up with Olaf and the girls.

Screenshot_20210415-140844.png

Screenshot_20210415-141020.png

This next picture will play an important role in the next installment of this TR. Something is missing, can you guess what?

Screenshot_20210415-141055.png

fractal

Day 3 ctd...

I got Shirley status in the Mexico bathroom before we took our margaritas outside to enjoy. Fun fact: I can't stand when people say "margs" instead of margarita. Especially when a guy says it. I digress.

View attachment 549120

View attachment 549121

We finished our drinks over at Norway before turning up with Olaf and the girls.

View attachment 549122

View attachment 549124

This next picture will play an important role in the next installment of this TR. Something is missing, can you guess what?

View attachment 549123

An alcoholic beverage.

krause

In THIS trip report or your own?! 😬 keep forgetting to check a trip report that’s marked as completed for updates on one that is not lol
And I’m gonna go with... shopping bag full of Pandora charms? Surely she bought so many they didn’t fit in her cute little backpack. I can’t go back in the report to refresh my memory because, well, ya know...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Mine is 'ressie' for reservation. Sounds like people are talking about Nessie's (Loch Ness Monster) less-popular cousin, Ressie. Of course, I've got a whole list of these words, but at the risk of offending...
We're way past offending anyone. See the first page of where this TR started. Your groom even got in on the action. I believe his was brekkie.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3 ctd...

After riding Frozen we stopped in Kringla Ka (or however you spell it, paging @Tuvalu ). It was slim pickins'

Screenshot_20210418-100551.png

But wee weren't there for food. We were there for some Einstock!

Screenshot_20210418-100622.png

We took our beers over towards equitorial Africa and enjoyed them with a great view of the Stargate. As we finished, C noticed her magic band was missing! And yes, that's what was missing from the last photo I posted. We figured it must have come off on or around Frozen. I scrolled through our pics and noticed it wasn't on her in the photo I took in front of the waterfall. We grabbed our stuff to head back and then I noticed my mask wasn't on the table and it must have blown away. We're about 100+ yards away from Norway and I had no mask...eek!

I expected to be completely bombarded by CM's on our way back and be given looks of sheer horror and disgust from families seeing an unmasked man, Especially considering that anytime you take more than two steps with your mask below your nose you are immediately confronted and ordered to fix it. But nope. I strolled all the way to Norway without so much as a glance from anybody. And to top it off, as I walked in the store at Norway and approached a CM to inquire about purchasing a mask, she didn't even say anything to me about not wearing a mask! It was crazy.

I asked her where the masks were so I could buy one and while she was pointing me in the direction, things returned to normal as another CM ran over and harshly exclaimed I need a mask on immediately. That's when I explained that my mask had blown away and needed to buy one. The second CM told me to stand where I was and she would go get one for me. The CM who I had first approached waited with me and laughed how she didn't even notice I wasnt wearing a mask. We joked how we were both living in pre pandemic times for a brief moment.

Screenshot_20210418-100716.png

The other CM returned with a mask and I asked how I'd like to pay for it. Them I realized C had my debit card and cash in our backpack and she had gone back into the ride to try and find her band.

I wasn't able to use my band either because I had t set up a pin. Boy was I in a pickle. I joked that since I had no way to pay for it that the only option was to walk around maskless. The one CM laughed, the other did not. She didn't find it funny AT ALL! She got even more grumpy.

I told her I could find my wife if she gave me the mask and I'd come.back and pay for it. And then, in a very grumpy tone, she told me just to take it and not worry about it. I took the mask and told her I'd be right back to pay but she said it was fine. Then C walked in! She had found her band! I told the CM I could now pay for the mask but all the sudden she was in a good mood and told me she was happy to help out and I could keep it. It was almost as if she didn't believe my story until C showed up. Either way, we thanks them and headed back out, masked up and back to scamdemic...I mean pandemic life.

krause

Day 3 ctd...

After riding Frozen we stopped in Kringla Ka (or however you spell it, paging @Tuvalu ). It was slim pickins'

View attachment 549995

But wee weren't there for food. We were there for some Einstock!

View attachment 549996

We took our beers over towards equitorial Africa and enjoyed them with a great view of the Stargate. As we finished, C noticed her magic band was missing! And yes, that's what was missing from the last photo I posted. We figured it must have come off on or around Frozen. I scrolled through our pics and noticed it wasn't on her in the photo I took in front of the waterfall. We grabbed our stuff to head back and then I noticed my mask wasn't on the table and it must have blown away. We're about 100+ yards away from Norway and I had no mask...eek!

I expected to be completely bombarded by CM's on our way back and be given looks of sheer horror and disgust from families seeing an unmasked man, Especially considering that anytime you take more than two steps with your mask below your nose you are immediately confronted and ordered to fix it. But nope. I strolled all the way to Norway without so much as a glance from anybody. And to top it off, as I walked in the store at Norway and approached a CM to inquire about purchasing a mask, she didn't even say anything to me about not wearing a mask! It was crazy.

I asked her where the masks were so I could buy one and while she was pointing me in the direction, things returned to normal as another CM ran over and harshly exclaimed I need a mask on immediately. That's when I explained that my mask had blown away and needed to buy one. The second CM told me to stand where I was and she would go get one for me. The CM who I had first approached waited with me and laughed how she didn't even notice I wasnt wearing a mask. We joked how we were both living in pre pandemic times for a brief moment.

View attachment 549997

The other CM returned with a mask and I asked how I'd like to pay for it. Them I realized C had my debit card and cash in our backpack and she had gone back into the ride to try and find her band.

I wasn't able to use my band either because I had t set up a pin. Boy was I in a pickle. I joked that since I had no way to pay for it that the only option was to walk around maskless. The one CM laughed, the other did not. She didn't find it funny AT ALL! She got even more grumpy.

I told her I could find my wife if she gave me the mask and I'd come.back and pay for it. And then, in a very grumpy tone, she told me just to take it and not worry about it. I took the mask and told her I'd be right back to pay but she said it was fine. Then C walked in! She had found her band! I told the CM I could now pay for the mask but all the sudden she was in a good mood and told me she was happy to help out and I could keep it. It was almost as if she didn't believe my story until C showed up. Either way, we thanks them and headed back out, masked up and back to scamdemic...I mean pandemic life.
I’ll bet you needed a drink after all that chaos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom