Trip Report COMPLETED - I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...

Our last Spring Break trip was a little bit of a nightmare. We said we'd never go during Spring Break again.

Well, no cruising means we got to do something. For our last cancelled cruise (7 of them) we went to Mexico and spent time a wonderful all-inclusive (TRS Coral) that felt like cruising sans kids. If you're looking for a place without kids, this is it. Our next one on the books is DCL Bermuda in October. I've got a TRS Coral reservation in my back pocket if DCL cancels.

This is the main adult-only pool:

20201224_074525.jpg

Back to business.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

When: April 3-10

April 3: We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Orlando and plan to hit a few breweries.
April 4: Boardwalk Villas
April 5 -10: Saratoga Springs

Dining Reservations:

April 4 - Big River Grill
April 5 - Morimoto Asia
April 6 - The Wave
April 7 - Narcoosee's
April 8 - Il Mulino
April 9 - Cityworks

Narcoosee's was a tough reservation to find, but from what I've been reading, dining reservations have been scarce. The Wave was pretty easy and the rest are on Opentable, which is highly more preferable than Disney's reservation system and often has better dining times.

We are not going to the parks. We were really holding out for APs, but that's not happening and while we can get the DVC discounted 4 days with 2 days free ticket, we didn't want to put any more money towards tickets since we are going in July as well.

We will be hanging out at the pools, drinking our drinks, and eating food while enjoying being away from home.

Blizzard Beach tickets are discounted for DVC members, so that may happen one of the days.

We're looking forward to getting back to Disney!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 4 ctd...

If anybody is wondering (which you're probly not) why this TR is taking so long, aside from my usual slow pace, it's that all the pics from my phone went to the cloud and my laptop is having issues and takes FOREVER to do anything so I have to access the pics from my phone and screenshot them, then crop them, then save them so I can use them.

If you're wondering (which you're probly not) why I don't just send the pics from the cloud back to my phone, it's because I use most of my phone's memory every day taking videos of dog training to send to the families and I have to send all the videos to the cloud to make more room which means the pics would get sent back to the cloud either way.

Fret not, because I WILL get this done! And I'm ordering a new phone and probly getting a new laptop as well within the next week and that will help. We have a very exciting trip coming up and we can't wait to get the PTR started! For now tho, back to this report!

We headed back to the room for an afternoon break. When we arrived at the bus stops, we saw a bus for GF waiting and we hopped on and figured it would be fun to catch the monorail back to BLT.

Screenshot_20210613-075741.png

Drinks on the patio after we showered up.

Screenshot_20210613-075847.png

C had some papers delivered by courier ad when they arrived we headed down to the lobby so she could sign them.

Screenshot_20210613-075907.png

Look at that professional lady handling business!! What a cutie! My cutie!!!

We went to MK after our business was handled.

Screenshot_20210613-075939.png

Screenshot_20210613-080000.png

C had the munchies. The beer munchies, not the other type, lol. Popcorn hit the spot

We hit up Big Thunder because why would anybody NOT hit up Big Thunder after dark? Maybe if you're Canadian and your milk comes in a bag. But I digress.

Screenshot_20210613-080636.png

After Big Thunder we hit PoTC and told Carlos to be brave.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Allright, I've gotta finish this bad boy. Big thanks to @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek for allowing me to hijack this report with my own, but I'd prefer that my TR be reserved for those with enough intelligence to understand the breadcrumbs I dropped to find it.

And @Animaniac93-98 is already on day 3 of their TR which has inspired me to fire this bad boy back up. And we will also be heading back to the Florida swamps in a few weeks for Halloween and I'd like to start a PTR.

But wait, there's more. The final day of our trip was by far the most exciting with a special guest appearance by the one and only @Darstarr and man did we black the F out at HS. Details to come. But probly not, hahaha. In the words of Supreme Leader Snoke, ....we shall see. We shall seeeeeee!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Dat 5, 6 and 7 ctd...

We did return to Enchanted Rose at Grand Floridian to give it another try. And Fun Fact: my BIGGEST pet peeve with Disney slang is when people say "Grand Flo" or "The Grand" Any of those to describe The Grand Floridian make me puke in my mouth.

We arrived a few minutes before they opened to make sure we would get a good seat on the patio. And we did.

IMG_20210314_163037437_HDR.jpg

Let the indulging begin!

IMG_20210314_163607153_HDR.jpg

C ordered some type of vodka thingy and I got an old fashioned. Both were great! We also ordered the truffle fried and sliders as well. Again both were AMAZING!

IMG_20210314_172808841.jpg

IMG_20210314_173115129_HDR.jpg

We ordered several more rounds of various drinks and even got more sliders because they are that good!

We finished off with some type of gin thingy and a beer.
IMG_20210314_182949611_HDR.jpg

Our first visit to Enchanted Rose which was several days prior was abysmall. Crappy seating, service slower than an injured turtle and crying babies. However, we are so glad we gave it another shot because we had an excellent time on this visit. Our waitress was outstanding and the patio is great. We are looking forward to returning soon. Sooner than you may know... *wink

Zipadeelady

Dat 5, 6 and 7 ctd...

We did return to Enchanted Rose at Grand Floridian to give it another try. And Fun Fact: my BIGGEST pet peeve with Disney slang is when people say "Grand Flo" or "The Grand" Any of those to describe The Grand Floridian make me puke in my mouth.

We arrived a few minutes before they opened to make sure we would get a good seat on the patio. And we did.

View attachment 594384

Let the indulging begin!

View attachment 594385

C ordered some type of vodka thingy and I got an old fashioned. Both were great! We also ordered the truffle fried and sliders as well. Again both were AMAZING!

View attachment 594386

View attachment 594387

We ordered several more rounds of various drinks and even got more sliders because they are that good!

We finished off with some type of gin thingy and a beer.
View attachment 594388

Our first visit to Enchanted Rose which was several days prior was abysmall. Crappy seating, service slower than an injured turtle and crying babies. However, we are so glad we gave it another shot because we had an excellent time on this visit. Our waitress was outstanding and the patio is great. We are looking forward to returning soon. Sooner than you may know... *wink
Only one with the status of "rift raft" would call it the Grand Flo.

"Said in my most hoity toity voice".

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 8

The day started like any other Disney day. Warm sunshine, excitement to hit the parks and magic in the air.

We started at Epcot and then headed over to the Boardwalk for lunch. We did attempt to break into Crews Cup but...

IMG_20210315_124735552.jpg

Access denied!!!

We headed over to Big River Brewery instead. Our table had a great view.

IMG_20210315_131007225_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210315_132706599.jpg

Nachos and brews are always a good choice. These did not disappoint.

IMG_20210315_132709432.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 8 ctd...

After lunch, we wanted to say hello to Mrs Marlene, one of the managers of The Boardwalk Resort. We have gotten to know her very well since we bought our DVC there.

A few years ago I was double billed when I ordered room service and the following morning I went to the front desk to have it fixed and Mrs Marlene happened to be the one who helped me. We had a great conversation and our relationship has flourished ever since .

When C and her mom last visited there, Mrs Marlene was aware of C's mom's condition and had upgraded their room from a studio to a 1 br villa. Mrs Marlene is seriously an amazing and kind woman. We love her.

As I walked through the lobby I heard somebody hollar out my name. I can't remember if she said Keith or wdw9000, I think it was Keith. Either way, I'm used to woman just calling out my name and going crazy when they see me, (just kidding). But the person who saw me was the one and only @Darstarr !! I think she recognized the v-neck white tee and beer smell combination. And as an added bonus, she was with Big Rigg-a-TONE!

We didn't get any pics right away and 'Tone was headed for the airport but @Darstarr was staying one more night. We commenced with the pleasantries and 'Tone headed out.

What happened next? Well, let me ask you a question. What comes before part B?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom