Trip Report COMPLETED - I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...

Our last Spring Break trip was a little bit of a nightmare. We said we'd never go during Spring Break again.

Well, no cruising means we got to do something. For our last cancelled cruise (7 of them) we went to Mexico and spent time a wonderful all-inclusive (TRS Coral) that felt like cruising sans kids. If you're looking for a place without kids, this is it. Our next one on the books is DCL Bermuda in October. I've got a TRS Coral reservation in my back pocket if DCL cancels.

This is the main adult-only pool:

20201224_074525.jpg

Back to business.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

When: April 3-10

April 3: We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Orlando and plan to hit a few breweries.
April 4: Boardwalk Villas
April 5 -10: Saratoga Springs

Dining Reservations:

April 4 - Big River Grill
April 5 - Morimoto Asia
April 6 - The Wave
April 7 - Narcoosee's
April 8 - Il Mulino
April 9 - Cityworks

Narcoosee's was a tough reservation to find, but from what I've been reading, dining reservations have been scarce. The Wave was pretty easy and the rest are on Opentable, which is highly more preferable than Disney's reservation system and often has better dining times.

We are not going to the parks. We were really holding out for APs, but that's not happening and while we can get the DVC discounted 4 days with 2 days free ticket, we didn't want to put any more money towards tickets since we are going in July as well.

We will be hanging out at the pools, drinking our drinks, and eating food while enjoying being away from home.

Blizzard Beach tickets are discounted for DVC members, so that may happen one of the days.

We're looking forward to getting back to Disney!

Last edited:

fractal

Day 3 ctd...

After riding Frozen we stopped in Kringla Ka (or however you spell it, paging @Tuvalu ). It was slim pickins'

View attachment 549995

But wee weren't there for food. We were there for some Einstock!

View attachment 549996

We took our beers over towards equitorial Africa and enjoyed them with a great view of the Stargate. As we finished, C noticed her magic band was missing! And yes, that's what was missing from the last photo I posted. We figured it must have come off on or around Frozen. I scrolled through our pics and noticed it wasn't on her in the photo I took in front of the waterfall. We grabbed our stuff to head back and then I noticed my mask wasn't on the table and it must have blown away. We're about 100+ yards away from Norway and I had no mask...eek!

I expected to be completely bombarded by CM's on our way back and be given looks of sheer horror and disgust from families seeing an unmasked man, Especially considering that anytime you take more than two steps with your mask below your nose you are immediately confronted and ordered to fix it. But nope. I strolled all the way to Norway without so much as a glance from anybody. And to top it off, as I walked in the store at Norway and approached a CM to inquire about purchasing a mask, she didn't even say anything to me about not wearing a mask! It was crazy.

I asked her where the masks were so I could buy one and while she was pointing me in the direction, things returned to normal as another CM ran over and harshly exclaimed I need a mask on immediately. That's when I explained that my mask had blown away and needed to buy one. The second CM told me to stand where I was and she would go get one for me. The CM who I had first approached waited with me and laughed how she didn't even notice I wasnt wearing a mask. We joked how we were both living in pre pandemic times for a brief moment.

View attachment 549997

The other CM returned with a mask and I asked how I'd like to pay for it. Them I realized C had my debit card and cash in our backpack and she had gone back into the ride to try and find her band.

I wasn't able to use my band either because I had t set up a pin. Boy was I in a pickle. I joked that since I had no way to pay for it that the only option was to walk around maskless. The one CM laughed, the other did not. She didn't find it funny AT ALL! She got even more grumpy.

I told her I could find my wife if she gave me the mask and I'd come.back and pay for it. And then, in a very grumpy tone, she told me just to take it and not worry about it. I took the mask and told her I'd be right back to pay but she said it was fine. Then C walked in! She had found her band! I told the CM I could now pay for the mask but all the sudden she was in a good mood and told me she was happy to help out and I could keep it. It was almost as if she didn't believe my story until C showed up. Either way, we thanks them and headed back out, masked up and back to scamdemic...I mean pandemic life.

I found this post to be highly entertaining!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3 ctd...

After our lost magic band and mask fiasco, we headed back out to World Showcase to drink away the stress of the last few minutes. And that's when I reached in my back pocket and discovered my mask that I thought had blown away. Smh. We laughed it off and figured at least we had a good memory of the occasion.

We didn't have any lunch reservations but we walked up to @lostpro9het 's absolutely hands down favorite Italian restaurant on property and were able to get a table. Via Napoli! They make a da pasta.
Screenshot_20210421-180633.png

Screenshot_20210421-181210.png

We enjoyed some fried cheese and beers and also the weather was great. We were glad we got a table outside. We did joke about how Via Napolis prices have gotten a bit absurd over the last few years. We paid our $40 something dollar check (for 2 beers and cheese, with tip) and headed back out.

Screenshot_20210421-181236.png

Some beers from Marrakesh and C manged to fit SSE in her hands.

Screenshot_20210421-181255.png

Screenshot_20210421-181310.png

Cheers to General Jack O'Neal and Captain Samantha Carter.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3 ctd ...

We stopped in France since we always enjoy an ice cold 1664. Beauty and the Beer!

Screenshot_20210425-105640.png

I snapped the pic right as C spilled her beer, lol.

We went back towards the gift shop to enjoy our drinks and shop around.

Screenshot_20210425-105716.png

Next we made our way to the Rif Raff Express!

Screenshot_20210425-105742.png

Next stop...HS! We were SOOO excited to be able to park hop once again!!!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Day 3 ctd...

After our lost magic band and mask fiasco, we headed back out to World Showcase to drink away the stress of the last few minutes. And that's when I reached in my back pocket and discovered my mask that I thought had blown away. Smh. We laughed it off and figured at least we had a good memory of the occasion.

We didn't have any lunch reservations but we walked up to @lostpro9het 's absolutely hands down favorite Italian restaurant on property and were able to get a table. Via Napoli! They make a da pasta. View attachment 551821

View attachment 551822

We enjoyed some fried cheese and beers and also the weather was great. We were glad we got a table outside. We did joke about how Via Napolis prices have gotten a bit absurd over the last few years. We paid our $40 something dollar check (for 2 beers and cheese, with tip) and headed back out.

View attachment 551823

Some beers from Marrakesh and C manged to fit SSE in her hands.

View attachment 551824

View attachment 551825
Cheers to General Jack O'Neal and Captain Samantha Carter.
giphy.gif

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 3 ctd...

We exited the riff raff express and it was time for C to check out the newest attraction in the park. And nothing can stop us now...

Screenshot_20210502-082448.png

C was not impressed. Either was I the first time I rode it. She felt similar to how I did. It's not a bad ride, it's just nothing great. It's hard to tell what the heck is even going on a majority of the ride.

We felt it was necessary to drink and eat away our sadness for the loss of a (The) great (Movie) ride.

We went to @lostpro9het 's second favorite Italian spot (after Via Napoli of course). PizzA Rizzo!! (😉 @Tuvalu ).

Screenshot_20210502-083936.png

Another Disney slang term I can't stand is when people say or type Via "Nap". Is it that difficult to say or type the extra three letters. I digress.

I couldn't get mobile order to work on my phone and after several attempts I just walked up and told the CM I needed to pay cash or card because the app wasn't working for me. The CM seemed quite perturbed by my request. She basically insisted we use mobile order or there was no mother option. I was polite but firm in my second (and same) request of needing to pay another way because the app was not working. She let out a big sigh and got on the radio and asked for a register to be opened. She was very snarky about it. Snarky to the point that a complaint to management should have happened, But I didn't. There are just a few CM's that are ridiculously strict with the new protocols even when it's nothing serious, such as the app not working or if you attempt to exit a shop through the wrong door, even if nobody else is in the shop.

We enjoyed our food and drinks. I believe we had Peroni for the beers. Afterunch we rode TSMM. Our drinking definitely affected our scores, haha.

Screenshot_20210502-082659.png

Afterwards we mosied on back towards Star Tours but made a quick pit stop.

Screenshot_20210502-082643.png

C had the pilsner and I had the Lagunitas I think. I can't remember, lol.

We went over to Star Tours after and when we entered, they ushered to a side entrance. There was something going on in the regular queue (nothing that seemed major) probly a kid puking up their mickey bar, lol, jk, I have no idea what it was. But we got to enter the ride this way...

Screenshot_20210502-082617.png

After Star Tours we headed back to the room. We showered up and relaxed for awhile. The plan was to catch a late drink at California Grille.

C got sleepy and I went solo. I snagged a seat at the bar and ordered a beer. I have no idea what it was. Probly Stella.

Screenshot_20210502-082736.png

I have tattoos on my arms and I've gotten quite good at telling when a person judges it, especially bartenders who assume I'll probly leave them a crappy tip. This was one of those occasions. And how do I know? First, it took the bartender several minutes to ask what I'd like, even though there was only one other couple at the bar (and there was a second bartender who appeared to be making drinks for table orders). The bartender was very chatty and friendly with the other couple. He even went over to them and asked how their drinks were before he even spoke to me (and yes, he had seen me sit down, I was literally right next to them). After he was done chatting with them, he asked me "do you know what you want". No hello, or how are you doing or even any shred of friendliness the other couple got.

I debated (in my mid) ordering a cocktail in an effort to impress upon him that I wasn't a schlemiel , but I decided to go with a beer, which is probly exactly what he expected, lol.

I struck up a conversation with the couple next to me and we were talking about travelling through California and our favorite places. I shared some stories of our trip to Carmel and Pebble Beach (which we LOVED) and they told me some of their tales of visiting wineries. They were very nice and we had a great chat. The bartender overheard and seemed to be much more friendly to me after that. I'm talking complete 180° change in attitude, smh.

I ordered another beer and took in the sights, sounds and views of the bar. See and I have dined here many times but I've never sat at the bar for a drink. It was very pleasant and I looked forward to returning. I noticed another couple sat down and I know they are Disney vloggers because I had seen them on YouTube and they were actually vlogging while they were there, but I have no idea their name. Look familiar to anyone?

Screenshot_20210502-082753.png

After creeping a pic of the vloggers I paid my tab and headed back to the room. I left the bartender a generous tip in hopes that next time he wont be so quick to judge a person next time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I couldn't get mobile order to work on my phone and after several attempts I just walked up and told the CM I needed to pay cash or card because the app wasn't working for me. The CM seemed quite perturbed by my request. She basically insisted we use mobile order or there was no mother option. I was polite but firm in my second (and same) request of needing to pay another way because the app was not working. She let out a big sigh and got on the radio and asked for a register to be opened. She was very snarky about it.
You can't possibly be the only customer who had issues with their app. There was no justifiable reason for her attitude; it was rude and ridiculous. Each food outlet should always have at least one register open for situations like this.

I have tattoos on my arms and I've gotten quite good at telling when a person judges it, especially bartenders who assume I'll probly leave them a crappy tip. This was one of those occasions. And how do I know? First, it took the bartender several minutes to ask what I'd like, even though there was only one other couple at the bar (and there was a second bartender who appeared to be making drinks for table orders). The bartender was very chatty and friendly with the other couple. He even went over to them and asked how their drinks were before he even spoke to me (and yes, he had seen me sit down, I was literally right next to them). After he was done chatting with them, he asked me "do you know what you want". No hello, or how are you doing or even any shred of friendliness the other couple got.
I wish you ordered just a glass of water! :p That would have really messed up his "profiling" of you. ;) Joking aside, I'm beginning to wonder if the customer service training (only for "some" CMs) is nonexistent (budget cuts in the training dept.)?! Sorry to hear you were not initially shown the respect that the others received. You (and C) have been excellent customers for years at WDW, and you should have received a more welcoming greeting at the bar.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 4

It was a HS day!! We got there shortly after rope drop and headed right down the middle of Hollywood Boulevard. Nothing like starting off the morning amidst the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, ...

Screenshot_20210523-073420.png

We browsed around the shops because C wanted a smaller size mask and also to check on any new AP or DVC pins. Then we took a drop on Tower of Terror and then headed over to one of our new favorite spots in the morning to have some coffee and just enjoy the vibes.

Screenshot_20210523-073516.png

It's just so peaceful and quiet in the morning over by the benches looking over the lake with Gertie sunbathing in all her glory.

We did some more shopping and soon it was time for one of our favorite attractions to open... Baseline! Yes, I call it an attraction.

Screenshot_20210523-073553.png

Fun fact: I spilled both of our beers as I walked to the table. It was gloriously embarrassing. The CMs were very polite about it and got us two fresh beers right away.

One annoying thing with Baseline is the very limited seating with all the social distancing and the people who did not buy any drinks or food and just take one of the few tables, such as this person. And yes, we did keep an eye to see if she was perhaps holding the table while someone else got drinks/foods. That was a negative, Ghostrider.

Screenshot_20210523-073614.png

With the bazillion signs for Covid and if they're gonna have a CM at the door to make sure too many people don't crowd the place, they should put a sign or CM telling people that the limited tables and seats are for customers of Baseline.

And here's my next rant with the complete ridiculousness of the covid rules. Here's a pic of the line for the restroom in Galaxies Edge.

Screenshot_20210523-073653.png

Can you see the line? Probly not. Just a crowd of people. Well, there actually is a line that is serpentining around that circular seated area. The line has the social distance markers so people in lin don't get too close. But anybody walking through or sitting down is literally right on top of or next to the people in line. Safety, aka, Theater. Ok, back to the trip.

We strolled thru GE and ended up in TSL to ride SDD.

Screenshot_20210523-073719.png

After Slinky, it was time for a drink! We caught a show on the way. Chip and Dale doing their thing. It was hilarious.

Screenshot_20210523-073743.png

Last edited:

BwlrBry212

We did some more shopping and soon it was time for one of our favorite attractions to open... Baseline! Yes, I call it an attraction.

One annoying thing with Baseline is the very limited seating with all the social distancing and the people who did not buy any drinks or food and just take one of the few tables, such as this person. And yes, we did keep an eye to see if she was perhaps holding the table while someone else got drinks/foods. That was a negative, Ghostrider.
I completely agree with both of these opinions. Baseline is for sure an attraction. I miss the good ole days back before everyone else discovered that it existed and it was so easy to get a table. Now, between social distancing and table squatters who have no idea that they have these crazy new inventions called benches that are made just for sitting, it was a struggle to find a small standing table to squeeze two flights and a giant pretzel on it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Day 4 ctd...

After the show from Chip and Dale we hit the patio bar at Brown Derby. We met Ron the bartender who is apparently quite popular. As we ordered our drinks, several people walked by and said hello to him. He was very nice and definitely poured some stiff drinks.

Screenshot_20210530-084739.png

We got a specialty margarita that Ron whipped up and a seltzer.

Screenshot_20210530-085021.png

For our second round we ordered a rum and coke, and once again, Ron didn't disappoint. I don't think we took a picture of it. I did get a pic of C's tattoo of the paw imprint of our cat, Chloe. It matches her bag quite well.

Screenshot_20210530-085043.png

We took a ride on TSMM after our drinks.
Screenshot_20210530-085107.png

Up next , it was time to Rise Up! And not rise up like @lostpro9het favorite NFL team, the Falcons, it was time to Rise against the Resistance! You may be wondering why I hadn't mentioned earlier that we had obtained a boarding time, and that's because we didn't. But Keith, however did you gain access to the attraction, you may be asking? Well, we had a little magic served up earlier that morning. The MDE app kept freezing on my phone and I went to Guest Service for some help. When we were called over by the CM and he asked how he could help, I acted like we were upset about not getting a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance, and I quickly told him I was joking and that I just needed help with the app freezing. You could see the look of relief on his face when I said I was joking. As he fixed the issue with my phone, he shared some very funny stories of people who had come in to complain about not getting a boarding pass.

We had a great conversation with him and as we thanked him for his time, he told us to check our MDE real quick. As we opened it, we noticed we had boarding passes!! He gave us a wink and told us to enjoy! We headed back into the park with huge smiles on our faces. Just another why we love WDW so much. You never know what kind of magic will happen!

Back to Rise....and we needed eyes on Beck!!

Screenshot_20210530-085409.png

We found Beck and all was good!

Screenshot_20210530-085218.png

Before we headed out, we wanted to find a special treat. After a quick search, we discovered where it was located!

Screenshot_20210530-085649.png

What were looking for??? We acquired our treat and waited until we boarded the Riff Raff Express to enjoy it.

The Wookie Cookie!!! We really enjoyed it. A great size snack for two drunkards on the riff raff!!

Screenshot_20210530-085819.png

Screenshot_20210530-085850.png

ETA: we stopped at Guest Relations again on our way out and asked for a supervisor, and there happened to be one right there and we made sure to compliment the amazing service we received earlier from the CM earlier. We did not mention that he slipped us a boarding pass we simply told him that the service was outstanding and and we also gave him the name of the cast member from Baseline tap House who got us fresh beers when my dumbass spilled them lol. We let him know that we had such a great day there and that our trip had been filled with lots of Great moments interacting with cast members.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210530-085332.png
    Screenshot_20210530-085332.png
    931.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Rista1313

Day 4 ctd...

After the show from Chip and Dale we hit the patio bar at Brown Derby. We met Ron the bartender who is apparently quite popular. As we ordered our drinks, several people walked by and said hello to him. He was very nice and definitely poured some stiff drinks.

View attachment 560820

We got a specialty margarita that Ron whipped up and a seltzer.

View attachment 560821

For our second round we ordered a rum and coke, and once again, Ron didn't disappoint. I don't think we took a picture of it. I did get a pic of C's tattoo of the paw imprint of our cat, Chloe. It matches her bag quite well.

View attachment 560822

We took a ride on TSMM after our drinks.
View attachment 560823

Up next , it was time to Rise Up! And not rise up like @lostpro9het favorite NFL team, the Falcons, it was time to Rise against the Resistance! You may be wondering why I hadn't mentioned earlier that we had obtained a boarding time, and that's because we didn't. But Keith, however did you gain access to the attraction, you may be asking? Well, we had a little magic served up earlier that morning. The MDE app kept freezing on my phone and I went to Guest Service for some help. When we were called over by the CM and he asked how he could help, I acted like we were upset about not getting a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance, and I quickly told him I was joking and that I just needed help with the app freezing. You could see the look of relief on his face when I said I was joking. As he fixed the issue with my phone, he shared some very funny stories of people who had come in to complain about not getting a boarding pass.

We had a great conversation with him and as we thanked him for his time, he told us to check our MDE real quick. As we opened it, we noticed we had boarding passes!! He gave us a wink and told us to enjoy! We headed back into the park with huge smiles on our faces. Just another why we love WDW so much. You never know what kind of magic will happen!

Back to Rise....and we needed eyes on Beck!!

View attachment 560826

We found Beck and all was good!

View attachment 560824

Before we headed out, we wanted to find a special treat. After a quick search, we discovered where it was located!

View attachment 560827

What were looking for??? We acquired our treat and waited until we boarded the Riff Raff Express to enjoy it.

The Wookie Cookie!!! We really enjoyed it. A great size snack for two drunkards on the riff raff!!

View attachment 560828

View attachment 560829
ETA: we stopped at Guest Relations again on our way out and asked for a supervisor, and there happened to be one right there and we made sure to compliment the amazing service we received earlier from the CM earlier. We did not mention that he slipped us a boarding pass we simply told him that the service was outstanding and and we also gave him the name of the cast member from Baseline tap House who got us fresh beers when my dumbass spilled them lol. We let him know that we had such a great day there and that our trip had been filled with lots of Great moments interacting with cast members.
What the heck are you wearing? That's no white tee!

I'm glad to hear that cast members are finally getting to be nice again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom