Trip Report COMPLETED - I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...

Our last Spring Break trip was a little bit of a nightmare. We said we'd never go during Spring Break again.

Well, no cruising means we got to do something. For our last cancelled cruise (7 of them) we went to Mexico and spent time a wonderful all-inclusive (TRS Coral) that felt like cruising sans kids. If you're looking for a place without kids, this is it. Our next one on the books is DCL Bermuda in October. I've got a TRS Coral reservation in my back pocket if DCL cancels.

This is the main adult-only pool:

20201224_074525.jpg

Back to business.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

When: April 3-10

April 3: We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Orlando and plan to hit a few breweries.
April 4: Boardwalk Villas
April 5 -10: Saratoga Springs

Dining Reservations:

April 4 - Big River Grill
April 5 - Morimoto Asia
April 6 - The Wave
April 7 - Narcoosee's
April 8 - Il Mulino
April 9 - Cityworks

Narcoosee's was a tough reservation to find, but from what I've been reading, dining reservations have been scarce. The Wave was pretty easy and the rest are on Opentable, which is highly more preferable than Disney's reservation system and often has better dining times.

We are not going to the parks. We were really holding out for APs, but that's not happening and while we can get the DVC discounted 4 days with 2 days free ticket, we didn't want to put any more money towards tickets since we are going in July as well.

We will be hanging out at the pools, drinking our drinks, and eating food while enjoying being away from home.

Blizzard Beach tickets are discounted for DVC members, so that may happen one of the days.

We're looking forward to getting back to Disney!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Just curious, where do you get all of these different beers from? And is that one sweet? Or taste like cookies at all?
Breweries, package stores, grocery stores, and the like. Whats nice about package stores, even a few grocery stores, is they often have a “build your own 6-pack” allowing you to sample a few different brews without committing to a 6-pack of all the same.
This one is semisweet and definitely nailed the gingersnap cookie flavor but as Stouts go, this one is too acidic for my liking.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
1985, Day 4 ctd...

We got an early start for the day and headed to Epcot. There was a buzz around World Showcase and my Mom insisted we get pics with the World Showcase characters.

Screenshot_20210408-154910.png

My mom wouldn't allow me to order my usual 1664 so I opted for an apple juice instead.

Screenshot_20210408-155018.png

Check out Young 9000 with the fresh E.T. tank top. I had some inside info about Universal Studios and wanted to support the cause.

Next We visited England Pavilion to catch a show. Again, mom said no to an ale at Rose and Crown so we just got some fish and chips. We headed back to the room for an afternoon break.

BrerWayne

1985, Day 4 ctd...

We got an early start for the day and headed to Epcot. There was a buzz around World Showcase and my Mom insisted we get pics with the World Showcase characters.

View attachment 546514

My mom wouldn't allow me to order my usual 1664 so I opted for an apple juice instead.

View attachment 546515

Check out Young 9000 with the fresh E.T. tank top. I had some inside info about Universal Studios and wanted to support the cause.

Next We visited England Pavilion to catch a show. Again, mom said no to an ale at Rose and Crown so we just got some fish and chips. We headed back to the room for an afternoon break.
So at what point did you leave tank tops behind and graduate to plain white t shirts?

lostpro9het

Forum is making me split the pics up. FYI, the first pic here is the result of a conversation on how to properly hold a wine glass. It seems mine lacks sophistication.
287B1940-3B87-4368-B419-30517A29311C.jpeg
12BD3C55-1F4F-4E4F-B0FF-553FECCF3C38.jpeg
CDC2162D-AD87-4A19-8C6E-788679F546BC.jpeg
FB5AA9A2-D9D7-4736-AD52-FAB80A315D0E.jpeg
2180C92C-727C-4C67-BE20-3F17939C2625.jpeg

Totinos jokes aside, if you think Mama Melrose or Via Napoli is better than Il Mulino, you’re just wrong but we can still be friends. Ill just be the right friend.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
We've said it a million times, but I'll say it again. Il Mulino is THE BEST Italian you are going to get on Disney property. Every single meal has been excellent.

You'll have to scroll to the pictures above for reference, but our meal included the following:

Bionasega Rosso (chianti, I think) - Great, easy-drinking wine and it went well with our meal.
Bread - This is what they always bring out and serve with olive oil and vinegar. Consists of two types of bread. One is like a soft pizza crust.
Caprese Salad with roasted peppers and capers - Solid appetizer and tastes exactly like it should taste.
Meatballs - This was also another appetizer. I assume they were good. We order every time.
Mushroom Risotto - We have ordered this the past two times and it has been excellent every time. The rice is cooked perfectly and the mushrooms have the right amount of pop. The truffle oil is present, but understated and adds a little flair to the dish. We always order one portion, and it's just right.
Broccoli rabe with sausage and garlic - This was a new side item for us. It was amazing and seasoned perfectly.
Limoncello - This is such a nice way to end the meal. It's delicious and sweet and it will sneak up on you pretty fast.

If you want to eat here and want to drive, they do validate parking. It's an easy process and we had no issues.

Here's where we stand right now with our dining experiences.

1 - Il Mulino - Great as usual and we really like consistency at restaurants. I'm not a huge fan of Italian food (I blame Olive Garden), but I could eat this stuff every week.
2 - Morimoto - This is surprising because out of all of our reservations, I never thought this place would hold one of the top spots.
3 - The Wave - Consistently good food despite the nasty water. The drinks at the bar are just ok. Nothing special there.
4 - Narcoosee's - Good, solid food, but this is not a signature experience. If you're staying at GF and want seafood, this is a good choice. Let's just say we will not be beating down the door to come back. If you want a true signature experience (IMO), save your $$ and wait for Jiko to reopen.
5 - Big River Grille - It was fine. I thought the hamburger was good, but it's really the type of food you can find pretty much anywhere. It's also pretty easy to get a reservation (via Opentable) if you're looking for something last minute.

We will see how this ranking fares after our dinner at Sanaa.

Best bar experience for theming is Abracadabar on the Boardwalk, but best tasting drink experience is definately Enchanted Rose. ER is pricey, but the drinks are unique.

BTW, y'all are sleeping on Chip 'n Dale's Cafe. Compare the prices for the same items at Artists Palette.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Happy Friday!
View attachment 546716

Pool time again today. Persistence has paid off, scored a Sanaa ADR this morning for dinner tonight. Now we can avoid the DTD petri dish.
View attachment 546717
Pool, Beer, Food, Mixed Drinks/Wine, Food, Beer...I mean it's the same thing over and over again, day in and day out!!!!!
Who would want to do that!??.......Wait..wait...wait......ME!!!.......I WANT TO DO THAT...Me!!

Following along and needless to say....SO JEALOUS.

Katiekitten

We've said it a million times, but I'll say it again. Il Mulino is THE BEST Italian you are going to get on Disney property. Every single meal has been excellent.

You'll have to scroll to the pictures above for reference, but our meal included the following:

Bionasega Rosso (chianti, I think) - Great, easy-drinking wine and it went well with our meal.
Bread - This is what they always bring out and serve with olive oil and vinegar. Consists of two types of bread. One is like a soft pizza crust.
Caprese Salad with roasted peppers and capers - Solid appetizer and tastes exactly like it should taste.
Meatballs - This was also another appetizer. I assume they were good. We order every time.
Mushroom Risotto - We have ordered this the past two times and it has been excellent every time. The rice is cooked perfectly and the mushrooms have the right amount of pop. The truffle oil is present, but understated and adds a little flair to the dish. We always order one portion, and it's just right.
Broccoli rabe with sausage and garlic - This was a new side item for us. It was amazing and seasoned perfectly.
Limoncello - This is such a nice way to end the meal. It's delicious and sweet and it will sneak up on you pretty fast.

If you want to eat here and want to drive, they do validate parking. It's an easy process and we had no issues.

Here's where we stand right now with our dining experiences.

1 - Il Mulino - Great as usual and we really like consistency at restaurants. I'm not a huge fan of Italian food (I blame Olive Garden), but I could eat this stuff every week.
2 - Morimoto - This is surprising because out of all of our reservations, I never thought this place would hold one of the top spots.
3 - The Wave - Consistently good food despite the nasty water. The drinks at the bar are just ok. Nothing special there.
4 - Narcoosee's - Good, solid food, but this is not a signature experience. If you're staying at GF and want seafood, this is a good choice. Let's just say we will not be beating down the door to come back. If you want a true signature experience (IMO), save your $$ and wait for Jiko to reopen.
5 - Big River Grille - It was fine. I thought the hamburger was good, but it's really the type of food you can find pretty much anywhere. It's also pretty easy to get a reservation (via Opentable) if you're looking for something last minute.

We will see how this ranking fares after our dinner at Sanaa.

Best bar experience for theming is Abracadabar on the Boardwalk, but best tasting drink experience is definately Enchanted Rose. ER is pricey, but the drinks are unique.

BTW, y'all are sleeping on Chip 'n Dale's Cafe. Compare the prices for the same items at Artists Palette.
I'm glad you liked Morimoto I was pleasantly surprised when tried it as well. Enjoy Sanaa!

littleroo

I can't wait to be there Sunday! Looking forward to your review of Sanaa! Bread service maybe? Trying to get a reservation on the 17th for IM. We love it thanks to you two!! I am so happy you both got to decompress for the week. We are looking forward ,in the future, to doing the same thing! Enjoy!!

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
I can't wait to be there Sunday! Looking forward to your review of Sanaa! Bread service maybe? Trying to get a reservation on the 17th for IM. We love it thanks to you two!! I am so happy you both got to decompress for the week. We are looking forward ,in the future, to doing the same thing! Enjoy!!
The key to Sanaa is to order the bread service with your meal and order one meal and share. This will help not feel crazy full. It was another great meal.

lostpro9het

I can't wait to be there Sunday! Looking forward to your review of Sanaa! Bread service maybe?
Maybe?!?! How do you come here and not get it? ;-) We did, however, learn from our last visit that bread service and two adult mains is way to much food. I went with the kids butter chicken this time and it was the perfect amount given the bread situation. Went with another smoked turkey and my bride had a new drink, an African inspired mojito. She also got a new dish this go around. She talk it up best. It was, overall, another great experience for Sanaa. We got seated early and were served promptly but in no way rushed.
19D7035E-4955-4A02-8465-BF32FF58F348.jpeg
CE9B734E-E144-4959-8AB7-5EB626EDB148.jpeg
21392909-3974-4B04-9724-0EAEF7A101CA.jpeg
5043817F-E33F-4F63-BD01-B20E0DCB818B.jpeg
3E120FC3-237D-47B4-91AA-2CC0A9CF3616.jpeg
B42D12F5-3FA5-439D-92A1-2C35D225D6AA.jpeg

Trying to get a reservation on the 17th for IM. We love it thanks to you two!! I am so happy you both got to decompress for the week. We are looking forward ,in the future, to doing the same thing! Enjoy!!
Try open tables for reservations too! Thank you for the well wishes it has been a much needed week of relaxation. The weather has been amazing, I mean 6 straight days in Florida without rain! Saratoga Springs played the perfect host to what we needed too. We’re sad to be heading home tomorrow but excited by our planned summer trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom