Trip Report COMPLETED - I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...

Our last Spring Break trip was a little bit of a nightmare. We said we'd never go during Spring Break again.

Well, no cruising means we got to do something. For our last cancelled cruise (7 of them) we went to Mexico and spent time a wonderful all-inclusive (TRS Coral) that felt like cruising sans kids. If you're looking for a place without kids, this is it. Our next one on the books is DCL Bermuda in October. I've got a TRS Coral reservation in my back pocket if DCL cancels.

This is the main adult-only pool:

20201224_074525.jpg

Back to business.

Who:
81977538_124783439016183_6385852011002200064_o.jpg

When: April 3-10

April 3: We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Orlando and plan to hit a few breweries.
April 4: Boardwalk Villas
April 5 -10: Saratoga Springs

Dining Reservations:

April 4 - Big River Grill
April 5 - Morimoto Asia
April 6 - The Wave
April 7 - Narcoosee's
April 8 - Il Mulino
April 9 - Cityworks

Narcoosee's was a tough reservation to find, but from what I've been reading, dining reservations have been scarce. The Wave was pretty easy and the rest are on Opentable, which is highly more preferable than Disney's reservation system and often has better dining times.

We are not going to the parks. We were really holding out for APs, but that's not happening and while we can get the DVC discounted 4 days with 2 days free ticket, we didn't want to put any more money towards tickets since we are going in July as well.

We will be hanging out at the pools, drinking our drinks, and eating food while enjoying being away from home.

Blizzard Beach tickets are discounted for DVC members, so that may happen one of the days.

We're looking forward to getting back to Disney!

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
This is African inspired vegetable biryani. I can’t remember all the ingredients, but I wanted to try it since I love the Saffron Road frozen meal. Sanaa’s version tasted differently, but it was still very good and it will probably be my go-to.

32500678-0C20-4E09-9F0F-6029B3147FD2.jpeg

The sauce is the star of this dish. It’s a lot of food and the rice fills you up quickly.

The mojito was excellent and probably one of the best ones I’ve had at Disney.

Sanaa never disappoints.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I neglected to upload this guy. A giraffe has got to eat too, amiright.

A few times in the past, I stayed at AKL. I'm always up at the crack of dawn (even on vacation!), and I'd go out early on my balcony, and watch the activity on the savannah (Arusha). These little mini-trucks would drive around, and the CMs would place leafy branches up in the trees, so that the giraffes would still have to reach up to get them. Funny thing was that the giraffes were "on" to these little trucks of tasty treats, and a few would follow the trucks and grab some branches right off the back of the (open back) truck! :joyfull:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Well, looks like we are officially done. We just passed the thanks for visiting FL sign and are back in GA.

We had a great, relaxing trip. Saratoga Springs is the perfect resort for a non-park trip, especially is you like Disney Springs. If we stay here during a park trip, we'd have to have a car to get around. Not crazy about SSR transportation.

Our room was quiet for the most part. Pro-tip: Doors have the ability to close quietly. Don't be that person that just lets it slam shut.

The ceiling fan was amazing and room was all shiny and new. The pool was great and you already know how we feel about Chip 'n Dale's Cafe.

I'd say the only negative was Disney Springs and it was bad, just a lot of people. Oh, and the room at Boardwalk. That room was TIRED. Looks like there used to be USB ports at one point on either side of the TV. They're gone.

We are sad to leave, but we will be back in late June/early July at the Poly.

Thanks for following along.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you and @lostpro9het for another fun TR! :)

I always like reading (and seeing your photos) about the various updates to rooms, food, parks, etc.

(Oh, the comment about the people who let doors slam -- I hate it when people are so stupid to do that!! :banghead: Makes you wonder if some people were never taught basic, polite manners, to be considerate of others. :rolleyes: )

Hoping you have (or had) a safe trip home (not sure how far away you live from WDW).

Happy to hear that you also have plans to return again. And hang in there -- maybe within a year, the cruises might also resume. I always loved your cruise TRs, too! :happy:

lostpro9het

Thank you and @lostpro9het for another fun TR! :)

I always like reading (and seeing your photos) about the various updates to rooms, food, parks, etc.

(Oh, the comment about the people who let doors slam -- I hate it when people are so stupid to do that!! :banghead: Makes you wonder if some people were never taught basic, polite manners, to be considerate of others. :rolleyes: )

Hoping you have (or had) a safe trip home (not sure how far away you live from WDW).

Happy to hear that you also have plans to return again. And hang in there -- maybe within a year, the cruises might also resume. I always loved your cruise TRs, too! :happy:

Thank you, ma’am! I know my writing and perspective can be crude at times but its genuine. This really was an atypical visit for us but honestly was just what we needed. Even after an 8 hour drive back, thanks to some wonderfully wet Georgia weather and horrible drivers, I’m still feeling relaxed. How relaxed? This relaxed
4137CC24-177B-41BC-935F-E2D9C7B3E7B5.jpeg

Brewing up some cowboy chili with the windows open while it rains, no worries!

Looking forward to the 4th of July trip, not only to be back at the Poly and the parks but to meet up with a few members for a mini beer exchange.

We’ve got three cruises in the chamber, two this fall, that we are eager to take. The recent headlines by the head of transportation and the CDC are encouraging, far more encouraging than a month ago. Honestly, though, if the CDC has no problems with what it takes to walk from the east side of Disney Springs to the west side then they have no business holding the cruise industry back. Hopefully we get to bring you some Magic this fall with a repeat NYC>Bermuda trip.

Again, thank you and everyone else for making this TR more enjoyable!

Last edited:

cfry06

Thank you, ma’am! I know my writing and perspective can be crude at times but its genuine. This really was an atypical visit for us but honestly was just what we needed. Even after an 8 hour drive back, thanks to some wonderfully wet Georgia weather and horrible drivers, I’m still feeling relaxed. How relaxed? This relaxed
View attachment 547226
Brewing up some cowboy chili with the windows open while it rains, no worries!

Looking forward to the 4th of July trip, not only to be back at the Poly and the parks but to meet up with a few members for a mini beer exchange.

We’ve got three cruises in the chamber, two this fall, that we are eager to take. The recent headlines by the head of transportation and the CDC are encouraging, far more encouraging than a month ago. Honestly, though, if the CDC has no problems with what it takes to walk from the east side of Disney Springs to the west side then they have no business holding the cruise industry back. Hopefully we get to bring you some Magic this fall with a repeat NYC>Bermuda trip.

Again, thank you and everyone else for making this TR more enjoyable!
Thanks for another great trip report! Weather looked stunning, and I always enjoy your restaurant reviews and tips!

Saratoga has been a go-to back up for a number of our trips (if we aren’t at our beloved Poly) - we always have such a nice time. Can‘t wait to stay in one of the refurb’d rooms. Looks gorgeous! We were at Poly for the 4th two years ago and had the best full day at the pool! We parked ourselves right when the pool opened and didn’t leave until post fireworks. Maybe you guys will be surprised by un-announced fireworks?! Fingers crossed - they were pretty amazing.

We are headed down for the first time since Jan 2020 in about a week and a half. Last minute long weekend but so excited! Was going to check out City Works, but having second thoughts based on your crowd reports. Probably not as heavy spring break crowds then, but we will see. Might save checking it out for our August trip.

Love the Sly Fox glass!! Our favorite go-to spot here in PA! Thanks again for the live report!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Thanks for another great trip report! Weather looked stunning, and I always enjoy your restaurant reviews and tips!

Saratoga has been a go-to back up for a number of our trips (if we aren’t at our beloved Poly) - we always have such a nice time. Can‘t wait to stay in one of the refurb’d rooms. Looks gorgeous! We were at Poly for the 4th two years ago and had the best full day at the pool! We parked ourselves right when the pool opened and didn’t leave until post fireworks. Maybe you guys will be surprised by in-announced fireworks?! Fingers crossed - they were pretty amazing.

We are headed down for the first time since Jan 2020 in about a week and a half. Last minute long weekend but so excited! Was going to check out City Works, but having second thoughts based on your crowd reports. Probably not as heavy spring break crowds then, but we will see. Might save checking it out for our August trip.

Love the Sly Fox glass!! Our favorite go-to spot here in PA! Thanks again for the live report!
Thank you! Summer fireworks would be a very pleasant surprise but being back at our Poly home again will be an excellent consolation.

Make no mistake, the beer offering and food we saw delivered to the tables at City Works was top notch. Those DTD crowds, not so much.

I knew my PA peeps would spot The Fox ;-). Good catch.

Wishing you a fantastic visit and low crowds!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom